It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Emerald vs Red Rose. Build up and match thread. 
International Player

Post Re: Emerald vs Red Rose. Build up and match thread.
Forrealz wrote:
Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin wrote:
Can the BaaBaa's have their match vs NZ back now thankyouplease?

I bloody reccon, we should all be focusing on the Lions now

Don't start rattling your begging bowl yet please. The notes will be stuffed into it soon enough

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Well done Ireland!!!

That was a game short on talent but massively high on commitment and tenacity! Ireland fully deserved the win, and my boys were well beaten! Deffo the right result!

As an Englishman it is hard to be disappointed. if you had offered me everything we have achieved since the RWC 2015 I would of ripped your arm off! Yes a slam and world record winning run would of been fantastic, but like i said a week ago that was icing on the cake stuff.

Our lads tonight were given fantastic lesson, turn up and play like that and you get everything you deserve! and in this case it was nothing.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

youvbeensalmoed wrote:
Today showed me I am worried, England are showing the injury losses are having an effect in every game so far, the back row does not have the impact compared to the back row that whitewashed Australia in Australia and the front row are also not consistent, England are getting away with it just about, the first half errors by England convinced me today that Ireland would bury England if that happens during the final game and Ireland have the nous to close a game out they are well ahead in, even Scotland concerns me now which I was not expecting so fair play to them for playing their best rugby for years.
If England actually put an 80 minute game together then the slam might be on but I have not seen anything to convince me that will happen against the final two sides.

My nails are very short.

As I predicted after the England Italy game

I still think the same, they are not as good as last summer against the Aussies, but then this is a stepping stone to the RWC so I can't be too disappointed.
Well done Ireland today.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

I was delighted with the win to finish what has otherwise been an up and down 6N.
Dylan Hartley and Eddie Jones both showed class today in their post match interviews.
Well done to England for winning the tournament and for graciousness in defeat today.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Some sporting comments fromthe England boys on here. Gents surely Hartleynhas to be dropped going forward.He should not be England's first choice hooker.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Some sporting comments fromthe England boys on here. Gents surely Hartleynhas to be dropped going forward.He should not be England's first choice hooker.

I would rather Brown at full back ditched as he has limited speed, Daly at 15 for me, like Eddie says the team is still building.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Pearcey3 wrote:

Hartley was poor, Youngs was insanely slow, Brown is average, Cole presents no carrying threat at all. Most importantly though we have seriously regressed at the breakdown, not once did we threaten Ireland's ball, you just can't play a game that way.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:23 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

England were pretty poor, other than a ten minute spurt at the start of the second half. They never looked like winning.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:25 pm

spinbreath wrote:
England were pretty poor, other than a ten minute spurt at the start of the second half. They never looked like winning.

Towards the end we showed we could get the ball up the pitch if we had some pace but our game plan seemed to be to slow everything down and kick the ball away aimlessly all the time. It's only when we were forced to try to go for a try that we looked even remotely threatening.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Troron wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Towards the end we showed we could get the ball up the pitch if we had some pace but our game plan seemed to be to slow everything down and kick the ball away aimlessly all the time.

Please don't tell me that Gatlandisation is seeping into England too? xD

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:24 pm
Profile E-mail

najbritcol wrote:
Troron wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Towards the end we showed we could get the ball up the pitch if we had some pace but our game plan seemed to be to slow everything down and kick the ball away aimlessly all the time.

Please don't tell me that Gatlandisation is seeping into England too? xD

Nah, we need a few more years of uncreative mediocrity to get to that level. Don't worry, I'm sure a few years of Howleyisation are on the horizon for Wales ;)

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Hopefully Jones will take a risk in the summer tours and try a few changes but doubt it.

England lack a out and out 7 and it showed big time, can only hope Sam under hill at bath and Matt kevisc move to exter might impress Eddie.

Wouldn't mind daly or Watson put in the full. Back position.

End of the day Ireland played their plan beautifully and England couldn't adapt a bit like the Italy game.

But the bloody Irish seem to have a ability to ruin the best laid plans :clap:

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile E-mail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRhCt3jWi8

Jones post match press if anyone is interested. Very different to the Italy end game. To put a positive spin on it, crashing out of the world cup was followed by a world record equalling winning streak, a grand slam and another 6N championship with other achievements as well. Hopefully this game means that going into the summer Eddie can try to improve the depth of the squad without the new players worrying about being the ones to lose the winning streak.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

The way the media and pundits have been going on about how good this England team is, if you look back on the tournament as a whole, its only the scotland game that they have played well.

France should've won, Wales should've won, Italy caused them to question what a ruck was, and Ireland beat them today.

But they are champions. However if they do continue to start slow and rely on a last minute score to win, luck will run out and this winning run will be a distant memory. If New Zealand had played England today they would've won by 30-40 points.

Lions will lose 3-0

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:22 pm
Profile E-mail

WelshRuby93 wrote:
The way the media and pundits have been going on about how good this England team is, if you look back on the tournament as a whole, its only the scotland game that they have played well.

France should've won, Wales should've won, Italy caused them to question what a ruck was, and Ireland beat them today.

But they are champions. However if they do continue to start slow and rely on a last minute score to win, luck will run out and this winning run will be a distant memory. If New Zealand had played England today they would've won by 30-40 points.

Lions will lose 3-0

France were too sluggish, Wales too incompetent and Italy are, well, Italy, so I disagree that England did not deserve to win those games.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next