It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Emerald vs Red Rose. Build up and match thread. 
World XV Player

Post Emerald vs Red Rose. Build up and match thread.
Teams when available.

Bowe is out of this one for definite, according to this BBC article:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39255574

British Broadcasting Corporation 2017.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if we'll see him wearing international green again, TBH.

Sean

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Emerald vs Red Rose. Build up and match thread.
Not sure if we're allowed to comment on this one Sean given the furore about supporting the Sais or now in the other thread ;) bit of a double edged sword this has become now TBH given the potential for us to shoot up the World rankings should us and England win...............i'm going to pend :twisted:

My fecking arse, cmon the tattie munchers :D

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:26 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
Not sure if we're allowed to comment on this one Sean given the furore about supporting the Sais or now in the other thread ;) bit of a double edged sword this has become now TBH given the potential for us to shoot up the World rankings should us and England win...............i'm going to pend :twisted:

My fecking arse, cmon the tattie munchers :D

All support welcome Keith.. :D

Sean

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I can't really tolerate the kind of performance we saw most recently in Cardiff.

Dropped balls, predictable back moves, lost LO's and (however inadvertently) running obstruction, en route to a disallowed try. If we do that in Dublin, we'll ship around 50 points.

We can win this if the following occurs:-

1) Mistakes are kept to an absolute minimum.
2) Defence is strong and resolute, shutting down England's strike runners straightaway. This in my view, simply won't be possible for the whole of the match, so....
3) Execution sufficient to produce a defencible lead. We need enough points on the board and possibly force England into errors chasing a game. That involves keeping Farrell and Co quiet for around 60 minutes; tough ask: England are used to winning, no matter what pressure is applied to them.

We won't kick and chase for 80+ minutes, that's for sure. It may yet be an effective tactic if correctly employed.

Sean

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Teacht ar Éirinn! :clap: :thumbup:

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The importance of Ford and Farrell, explained on this BBC article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39260562

British Broadcasting Corporation 2017.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll have to disrupt this partnership wherever we can: can't let them motor untrammelled.

Sean

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
I can't really tolerate the kind of performance we saw most recently in Cardiff.

Dropped balls, predictable back moves, lost LO's and (however inadvertently) running obstruction, en route to a disallowed try. If we do that in Dublin, we'll ship around 50 points.

2) Defence is strong and resolute, shutting down England's strike runners straightaway. This in my view, simply won't be possible for the whole of the match, so....
3) Execution sufficient to produce a defencible lead. We need enough points on the board and possibly force England into errors chasing a game. That involves keeping Farrell and Co quiet for around 60 minutes; tough ask: England are used to winning, no matter what pressure is applied to them.

We won't kick and chase for 80+ minutes, that's for sure. It may yet be an effective tactic if correctly employed.

Sean

Dropping Best would help and the current backrow balance has a the lack of a third line out option. Bring in POM and play Payne at Fullback.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:

Sean

Dropping Best would help and the current backrow balance has a the lack of a third line out option. Bring in POM and play Payne at Fullback.

Best really looked past his sell by date on Friday

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:47 am
World XV Player

Come on Ireland! :occasion5:

I have never really liked English sports teams, I really don't know why tbh. :scratch: I never knew any poms growing up but was told they are arrogant and all that. Then I met some, and they were good cnuts. And most I've met are good cnuts.

If the record wasn't on the line I'd still support Ireland in this one, they were awesome against us last year and world rugby needs strong teams in the north.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 am
World XV Player

Pity Ireland are looking a bit shit atm.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:29 am
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:

Sean

Yes I agree (and particularly about Best, whom I wouldn't have back TBH: had his day). Showing loyalty to your players is fine, but if we do get hockeyed in Dublin on Saturday, then Schmidt will have to explain why he's persisted with certain individuals and Best for me, has been creaking for a while. Payne hasn't torn up any trees in the Irish centre, so FB is probably the best option.

That however, means dropping Rob Kearney and sadly I don't see it.

He may well go same again, across the board

Sean

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Really hoping England do the slam and give the Irish a proper kicking while they're at it.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Pity Ireland are looking a bit shit atm.

We have some players who just need to be dropped.

Tough decisions come with the job.

Sean

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

GN100 wrote:
Really hoping England do the slam and give the Irish a proper kicking while they're at it.

Well you may get your wish, but that will mean they've beaten Ireland and Wales.

Sean

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Fingal wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:

Sean

Best really looked past his sell by date on Friday

And yet he still gets selected, I understand some of the frustration felt by some on here, over several of Gatland's match day XV's now.

Sean

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next