It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Emerald vs Red Rose. Build up and match thread. 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Emerald vs Red Rose. Build up and match thread.
soap wrote:
Troron wrote:
soap wrote:
So what you are actually saying, although you do not intend to is- England lucked in to it. :twisted:

Think about it. The way the dice falls. You have to be in the right position and prepared for it, but that is what it boils down to.

You know perfectly well I'm not saying that. If you put yourself in position to score the winning try after 78 minutes that's no different to putting yourself into position to score a try after 2 minutes (well it is but I'm speaking rhetorically). Scores in the dying moments are no less legitimate and no more lucky than scores at the start. There is always an element of luck, the difference is if you rely on it appearing or make it yourself.

I think England have been the best side all year, but as you said, one good or bad call per game from the ref is the difference between grand slam and lost 3.

The ref didn't cost us anything that game. The best teams don't put themselves into a position where luck of the bounce is the difference between winning and losing, only the amount of the win.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:42 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
soap wrote:
Troron wrote:
soap wrote:
So what you are actually saying, although you do not intend to is- England lucked in to it. :twisted:

Think about it. The way the dice falls. You have to be in the right position and prepared for it, but that is what it boils down to.

You know perfectly well I'm not saying that. If you put yourself in position to score the winning try after 78 minutes that's no different to putting yourself into position to score a try after 2 minutes (well it is but I'm speaking rhetorically). Scores in the dying moments are no less legitimate and no more lucky than scores at the start. There is always an element of luck, the difference is if you rely on it appearing or make it yourself.

I think England have been the best side all year, but as you said, one good or bad call per game from the ref is the difference between grand slam and lost 3.

The ref didn't cost us anything that game. The best teams don't put themselves into a position where luck of the bounce is the difference between winning and losing, only the amount of the win.

Eng Fra 19 -16 1 goal
Eng Ire 9- 13 1 try
Eng Wal 21- 16 1 converted try

Either game, one call from the ref swaps the result. Ref's are wrong sometimes, but the score stands

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:48 am
Profile E-mail

soap wrote:
Troron wrote:
soap wrote:
Troron wrote:
soap wrote:

Eng Fra 19 -16 1 goal
Eng Ire 9- 13 1 try

Either game, one call from the ref swaps the result. Ref's are wrong sometimes, but the score stands

IF

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:54 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
soap wrote:
Troron wrote:
soap wrote:
Troron wrote:
soap wrote:

Eng Fra 19 -16 1 goal
Eng Ire 9- 13 1 try

IF

:D

Well I'm off to bed now, and I wont lose any sleep over it

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:55 am
Profile E-mail

soap wrote:
Well I'm off to bed now, and I wont lose any sleep over it

Neither will I, although I will probably lose some due to the copious amounts of booze i have consumed... I have a date tomorrow too... Ah well.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Im pleased, not saying the English team isnt a good one, and cant win the RWC, but like some of you have said, some think the final has already been sorted 2019 RWC. Who cares lotsa rugby between now and then.
And omg, listening to Eddie Jones holy shit, this will shut him up a bit. Probably caught SH at the weekest we've been for a while, so I dont think they deserved outright status.

Good on Ireland :thumbright:

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:09 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Forrealz wrote:
eog wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin wrote:
Can the BaaBaa's have their match vs NZ back now thankyouplease?

I bloody reccon, we should all be focusing on the Lions now

Don't start rattling your begging bowl yet please. The notes will be stuffed into it soon enough

Apparently we get half of your guys gate takings no in it

:occasion5:

We gonna smash the LIONS

Major tours are such a benefit to developing players and international teams that the three SH countries stopped doing them years ago. Countries combining to put out a touring team of mixed nationalities is so beneficial to those countries involved that the SH countries have never done them.
Lions tours are a money making circus. As to smashing the Lions you will and you won't be the last host nation to do it. Overall the Lions have a pretty abysmal touring record but that's not important maintenance of the British Empire, then the British Empire fantasy was and money is now.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:33 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
its the English back that offer the greatest threat Ireland match them up front and who knows.[/quote

Hoping for a 20 point England win..

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:49 am
Regional Player

Omg isn't Dayglow awful.Not only is he hopelessly biased(see Jiffy) but worse than that he can't
even call what is going on in front of him.He almost made me wish for Brian Moore :dontknow:

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
its the English back that offer the greatest threat Ireland match them up front and who knows.[/quote

Hoping for a 20 point England win..

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Once Wales lost, my interest level in the last game was about -2. ;)

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:24 pm
World XV Player

Had a nap myself.

Enjoyed the result mind ...

:D

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:04 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15