It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
England vs All Blacks - Who Would You Support? 

If England played the ABs at the end of the 6N who would you be supporting?
England 31%  31%  [ 13 ]
ABs 68%  68%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 41

England vs All Blacks - Who Would You Support? 
Schools District Player

Post Re: England vs All Blacks - Who Would You Support?
Langland Exile wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
BridgendNo7 wrote:
Is this a serious question?

Trying to beat up (and failing) the 1971 Lions

Jumping out of the lineout (1978 from memory)

Spear tackling BOD (2005)

France (albeit ref) cheated out of RWC

Refs always worried about penalising them eg Mcgaw (sorry if mispelt).

Others I am missing no doubt.

Who would I support....... Engerland englerland...

When you put all that in the scales it doesn't quite balance Danny Grewcock.

A nice boy, compared to Wade Dooley :D

Who was an angel compared to Dawe.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:32 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

I'd support the All Blacks. Someone really needs to put an end to this new norm of over-confident, guffawing Twickenham purgatory fast. It's not how things are meant to be.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Can't see how you can accuse this England side of being over confident or "guffawing". 10 years ago maybe but since then they've been absolutely professional about it.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 am
Profile WWW
World XV Player

No link, pinched from PR........

Quote:
Save the date; November 4. Cancel all plans. That could be the day when the superpowers collide; when England meet New Zealand in a battle for global supremacy — if the RFU have their way.

Eddie Jones has overseen a spectacular revival of the national team’s fortunes and his side now have all the major scalps, bar one. The All Blacks.

It appeared that politics and financial wrangling would prevent the nations from locking horns until November next year, but Sportsmail has learned that moves are afoot to change that.

Emboldened by England’s epic run of success, RFU chief executive Ian Ritchie is seeking to set up a match outside the official autumn window this year. It is understood that at a meeting in London earlier this month, Ritchie reiterated his desire to pursue this bold objective.

New Zealand have provisionally agreed to play the Barbarians on November 4, at Twickenham, to celebrate their 125th anniversary.

Sportsmail has learned that the RFU have given approval for the match to take place and agreed a fee of £500,000 for the stadium hire — with the All Blacks due to be paid in the region of £2million for participating in the showpiece.

However, final confirmation of that game between the world champions and the famous invitational team has been delayed, apparently due to Ritchie’s desire to engineer an England versus New Zealand clash instead.

The trouble is that there have been fraught negotiations between the home union and their Kiwi counterparts, the NZRU, who recognise the value of the All Blacks and have been demanding a 50-50 cut of Twickenham gate receipts; a figure of around £3million.

So, it may still depend on whether the world’s richest rugby nation are willing to pay that sort of sum to deliver the Test the English public crave, in addition to games against Australia, Argentina and Samoa, which have already been announced.

It is a match that Jones would welcome as he seeks to build towards the World Cup, but there will need to be compromise on both sides for it to go ahead.

The NZRU remain cautious about the possibility of the showdown. Asked by Sportsmail about plans for the All Blacks to face England, their chief executive Steve Tew said: ‘We’re playing England next year. We look forward to it.’ When pressed on whether the next encounter could happen this year, he added: ‘Not as our season is currently programmed, no. It’s highly unlikely at this stage.

‘We’ve got a very important series against the British and Irish Lions and that’s a primary focus for us. We’re still working on finalising our programme. We’ve already got Scotland, France and Wales on the end-of-year tour.’

England and New Zealand played six Tests against each other between the 2011 and 2015 World Cups, whereas they are only scheduled to meet once in the current four-year cycle.

Tew added: ‘There’s been a gap between the All Blacks playing England but for a period of time we had five Tests in three years. It’s part of the cycle we agreed to way back in 2011.’

Steve Hansen, head coach of the world champions, was asked yesterday about the prospect of coming up against Jones side. He said: ‘People are desperate for England and the All Blacks to play. It will happen and hopefully it will live up to the hype when it does. You want excitement around the games and you can only have that if teams are performing well.

‘We’re not scared to play them. If we are to play them, I guess they are going to have to find a way to do that and give us half the stadium (revenue) or something. That would be good, wouldn’t it?’

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:24 am
World XV Player

England.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:23 pm
World XV Player

Lots saying at the moment here, that AB's and Eng are very even, and we haven't had a game of rival for a while that has been like that. All be it the start of an England era.

Re the game at the end of year. (loosie)

People here saying we have asked for half the profits if we are to come.

I reccon we should just all focus on the Lions imo.

England will play us in November at the best time to beat us, we always vulnerable then, and after Lions, and with a few players leaving, Eddie would love this date.

Hanson has pretty much said show us the money and we'll come.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Now this is a very multi cultural, import England team, I like them heaps better, cant feel the hate anymore.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Now this is a very multi cultural, import England team, I like them heaps better, cant feel the hate anymore.

You need to try harder! ;)

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

You need to try harder! ;)

do like some of the stuff lol

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

its like asking a red scouse to support the red mancs or a jack to support the *Terks* or kerdiff or a celtic fan to support rangers, you dont ever, ever support your rivals, ever, they are your rivals and want them to lose every single game they play, its as simple as that. as long as ive got a hole in my arse i will never support england or vote tory.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:08 am
International Player

Four More Years wrote:
The poll shows the support for each team - the question that is asked. Not your all consuming daily quandary of what colour tie to wear.

The poll is for people that can pick a side, I wasn't interested in results from fence sitters, because they just don't matter in life.

You are that bloke that gave Sophie a choice and I claim my German sausage..

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:01 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Forrealz wrote:

Yeah, there was a BBC article by Jeremy Guscott comparing the 2003 team to now, and one thing that was really striking about the former was how White it was - the only major Black player was Jason Robinson.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39249287

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Yea these are real pathways now, we have real sports pathways here.
Both from league, Aussies come and use our youth like horse breeding, rugby has become like that as well here, especially with so many youngsters getting targeted and approached so young. Oh well many options on the table now, most come back with their money at some stage..

And the ways it goes now, some very rich young men.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Both area shower of *bar stewards* so none of them :thefinger:

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:50 pm
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
the only major Black player was Jason Robinson.

Not that I really give a *fupp*, but is he 'black' like Lewis Hamilton or 'black' like a black guy who had 2 black parents?

To the question: I have saffer friends who moved to England 6 months ago and and they already have some mongrel dumbfuck accent they're putting on. I blame England, therefore New Zealand.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next