It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Welsh rugby coaching set up has to change.... 
World XV Player

Post Re: Welsh rugby coaching set up has to change....
isn't this the place for a new Welsh coach? Where are the mods? :clap: :thumbup:

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:53 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

said it two weeks ago saying it again. Howley and co cannot be happy with two wins even though the Irish win was a great performance we must be trying to be "great" every week. We are slipping behind. We didn't look like scoring a try yesterday and the Welsh performances mostly this 6N have been unacceptable.
I wont rest here. We need a change at the top. We are heading for the rocks again. We are just out at sea at the moment but rocky times ahead. I can see us losing to Samoa. in fact theres a bit in me saying I hope we do as otherwise the jobs for the boys routine by the WRU will just go on and on. and I'm a proud Welshman.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Think howley has failed his audition

Letting the coach go on sabbatical was another mistake as howley has tried to look after short term results (i.e. His cv) and not the longer term evolution of the side

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Think howley has failed his audition

Letting the coach go on sabbatical was another mistake as howley has tried to look after short term results (i.e. His cv) and not the longer term evolution of the side

Yep.
And the idea that Howley might be a potential replacement for Gatland in 2019 should now cease to be serious proposition; if that is the case then at least something useful will have come out of this disappointing 6 Nations campaign.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:12 am
International Player

Yes, allowing Gatland to go off on another jolly is an act of complete stupidity. What message does it send out? That the individual careers of the coaches is more important than the long term health of the national side?

Then when you consider that two other members of our coaching team are going to be absent from the summer tour as well, leaving us with another caretaker novice in charge, it amounts to an act of wilful self-destruction. Shame on the WRU.

We will certainly lose more than one game on the summer tour.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:31 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

surely you cant blame the coaches for what happened yesterday.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:39 am
International Player

You can blame Warren Gatland and the WRU; the absence of our head coach has undoubtedly been disruptive to the team's performance.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

One of those parties is a coach.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:41 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Not specifically for what happened yesterday, sorry.

The overall inconsistency and lack of improvement can be attributed to extra-curricular dicking about.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
surely you cant blame the coaches for what happened yesterday.

why not? I'm blaming them for inept Welsh displays for about 3 years now Dai...not just yesterday no. they have to go.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:02 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

tyleri82 wrote:
Yes, allowing Gatland to go off on another jolly is an act of complete stupidity. What message does it send out? That the individual careers of the coaches is more important than the long term health of the national side?

Then when you consider that two other members of our coaching team are going to be absent from the summer tour as well, leaving us with another caretaker novice in charge, it amounts to an act of wilful self-destruction. Shame on the WRU.

We will certainly lose more than one game on the summer tour.

great post :thumbup:

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:03 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Regional Player

I'm going to blame the coaching team. I'm going to blame the WRU as well. Gatland had one Lions tour, why let him have another one?

Mostly, though, I'm going to blame Howley and his pals for being too conservative, not making changes to kick some of the underperforming players up the backside, not attempting to vary the way we play, and for generally looking to be scared of their own shadows while the big boss is away.

They should be carrying the can for a poor 6N, because all the signs were ther ein the AUtumn and in the Italy game. We managed two decent performances, and even managed to lose one of those.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:57 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:
said it two weeks ago saying it again. Howley and co cannot be happy with two wins even though the Irish win was a great performance we must be trying to be "great" every week. We are slipping behind. We didn't look like scoring a try yesterday and the Welsh performances mostly this 6N have been unacceptable.
I wont rest here. We need a change at the top. We are heading for the rocks again. We are just out at sea at the moment but rocky times ahead. I can see us losing to Samoa. in fact theres a bit in me saying I hope we do as otherwise the jobs for the boys routine by the WRU will just go on and on. and I'm a proud Welshman.

Well done on finding this thread.

Superb effort.

:thumbup:

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:

Well done on finding this thread.

Superb effort.

:thumbup:

grow up bouch. youre very boring.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Always have been able to see the fun side in Scarlets comments.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8