It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 am

Eng injury list growing 
World XV Player

Post Eng injury list growing
Vunipola bros, Robson, Marler, Haskell k'o'd within mins after coming off the bench and back from foot injury ...

I guess Tuilagi doesnt count in Eng squad now, he's out too

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Eng injury list growing
From watching Aviva games, which I do, I am not surprised. Intensity and speed of play is a bit higher than most Pro12 games.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:35 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

You mean Robshaw rather than Robson, Robson is a scrumhalf for Wasps.

Yeah it's a pain in the arse missing these players, Launchbury seems to be better than expected though. I think Billy V and Robshaw will be the most missed. Hughes can cover for Vunipola but I don't think we have a suitable replacement for Robshaw. Wood is the closest but Robshaw is the model of a workmanlike player, engine that just keeps on ticking and high work rate, even if not spectacular. Every squad needs a Mr Reliable and I can't think of any who can perform the role as well as he can for England.

Only plus, we have woefully neglected our flankers when it comes to depth, outside Haskell and Wood everyone else is either uncapped or crap. Can't wait for Underhill or the Curry brothers to come through... If only Tom Young was English.

With Haskell though it was funny in a sort of morbid way, the commentators said he is the best head on tackler for Wasps as he came on... :D

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

with your backs you don't need flankers getting in the way :D

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:52 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

Yeah it's a pain in the arse missing these players, Launchbury seems to be better than expected though. I think Billy V and Robshaw will be the most missed. Hughes can cover for Vunipola but I don't think we have a suitable replacement for Robshaw. Wood is the closest but Robshaw is the model of a workmanlike player, engine that just keeps on ticking and high work rate, even if not spectacular. Every squad needs a Mr Reliable and I can't think of any who can perform the role as well as he can for England.

Only plus, we have woefully neglected our flankers when it comes to depth, outside Haskell and Wood everyone else is either uncapped or crap. Can't wait for Underhill or the Curry brothers to come through... If only Tom Young was English.

With Haskell though it was funny in a sort of morbid way, the commentators said he is the best head on tackler for Wasps as he came on... :D

Chance to play Itoje at 6 maybe?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:19 pm
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:

That bugger could probably play anywhere :D

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:49 pm
Junior Player

6 Hughes
7 Wood/Haskell
8 Clifford

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Old Second Row wrote:
Troron wrote:

It seems to be something people are talking about and with Jones I'm not sure what he will do. The "safe" bet is Wood at 6 and I think that is the most likely. He isn't as good as Robshaw in any aspect of his game as far as I'm concerned. Lock is by far our strongest position though and Itoje seems like he could do the job.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Troron wrote:

It seems to be something people are talking about and with Jones I'm not sure what he will do. The "safe" bet is Wood at 6 and I think that is the most likely. He isn't as good as Robshaw in any aspect of his game as far as I'm concerned. Lock is by far our strongest position though and Itoje seems like he could do the job.

If Itoje isn't already the best 2nd row in the world then I think he will be before long, if he stays fit and maintains form.
I've a feeling though (and it's not a happy thought as a Wales supporter :| ) that he could make an even better 6...

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:28 pm
World XV Player

Old Second Row wrote:
Troron wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Troron wrote:

If Itoje isn't already the best 2nd row in the world then I think he will be before long, if he stays fit and maintains form.
I've a feeling though (and it's not a happy thought as a Wales supporter :| ) that he could make an even better 6...

He's a superb athlete and does everything a 6 does from second row, and does it bloody well, whilst being an exceptionally good second row.

He's frightening really

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:34 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Thomas Young qualifies on residency. ;)

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:05 pm
World XV Player

simondavis wrote:
Troron wrote:

I believe he has played for the Wales Under 20 team, which means he is restricted to Wales?

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Add Marler to the injury list, we now have problems at 1 with our starter and bench option both injured. Catt seems to be preferred by Jones and probably Mullan. Genge is a prospect but Jones didn't see fit to include him in the team, probably because of his butter fingers?

Looks like 1 and the entire back row are going to be 2nd or 3rd choices.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Troron wrote:
Add Marler to the injury list, we now have problems at 1 with our starter and bench option both injured. Catt seems to be preferred by Jones and probably Mullan. Genge is a prospect but Jones didn't see fit to include him in the team, probably because of his butter fingers?

Looks like 1 and the entire back row are going to be 2nd or 3rd choices.
Fupp you should be happy you have second and third choices.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
simondavis wrote:
Troron wrote:

I believe he has played for the Wales Under 20 team, which means he is restricted to Wales?

Ah yes he has indeedy....And yes he can only play for Wales because our under 20's are our A team.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:38 pm