It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:46 am

scotland v wales 2017 advice 
World XV Player

Post Re: scotland v wales 2017 advice
Langland Exile wrote:
Keith L wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
What I found strange was that the pubs near Murrayfield were hotel bars. I queued up for a pee, and realised that the queue was to an en suite hotel room. As we got nearer, the people queueing were sitting politely on the end of the king size bed. When I made it to the loo, two lads waiting behind me shuffled side by side and peed in the shower! Needless to say they were Welsh.

That is taking hospitality to a whole new level :shock:

Some people will pay others to do that to them over here.. ;)

I must add, the hotel room was vacant and being used purposely by the hotel for the toilet!

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
jimcardiff wrote:
I'm staying at the Murrayfield Hotel this year , the door to my room will be firmly locked!!!

Not far to rock up from there jim :clap:

Yes we usually stay in Leith, , but we are getting a little bit infamous, in that area it would seem, prices doubled so we tried else where, on match day usually get to the Golden Age for drinks before and after the game..

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

Keith L wrote:
Right, some myth blowing coming at ya! Edinburgh is a busy tourist city all year round, it gets worse when Scotland are playing Wales,( its the only time they will actually sell out Murrayfield). The pubs are not expensive, well not any more so than any city centre esatblishment, if you go into hotels however, then be prepared to pay premium prices, similarly gazebos/tents set up on the main drag to the ground! It will be cold, its *fupping* Feb its cold in Wales as well :D If you havent booked early, and I mean at least 10-12 months in advance tou are going to struggle, you may get lucky, but as said earlier this is a big day out on the rugby calendar, you may get lucky, well done, but don't expect to be able to book on demand, I Struggled to get rooms back in Apr for the RCC games in May This year due to there being a Marathon and International conference of some tree huggers going on, being able to reserve and cancel without paying is now making things worse. So good luck if you can get somewhere, but my advice is take Grimps suggestion at this juncture.
Happy hunting :D

Only time Murrayfield doesn't sell out for a 6N game is when Italy are in town.

Accommodation is expensive, best bet is a B&B but they're probably all booked up now.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Scotland's RFU handing out freebees for 20,000 schoolkids is always a factor.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:32 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Scotland's RFU handing out freebees for 20,000 schoolkids is always a factor.

Not for the 6 N's you old duffer!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:23 pm
World XV Player

Hilljills wrote:
Keith L wrote:
Right, some myth blowing coming at ya! Edinburgh is a busy tourist city all year round, it gets worse when Scotland are playing Wales,( its the only time they will actually sell out Murrayfield). The pubs are not expensive, well not any more so than any city centre esatblishment, if you go into hotels however, then be prepared to pay premium prices, similarly gazebos/tents set up on the main drag to the ground! It will be cold, its *fupping* Feb its cold in Wales as well :D If you havent booked early, and I mean at least 10-12 months in advance tou are going to struggle, you may get lucky, but as said earlier this is a big day out on the rugby calendar, you may get lucky, well done, but don't expect to be able to book on demand, I Struggled to get rooms back in Apr for the RCC games in May This year due to there being a Marathon and International conference of some tree huggers going on, being able to reserve and cancel without paying is now making things worse. So good luck if you can get somewhere, but my advice is take Grimps suggestion at this juncture.

Accommodation is expensive, best bet is a B&B but they're probably all booked up now.

Sorry HJ that ain't true, ive been up here (Scotland) 34 years been there and seen the empty seats, maybe last 2/3 years since Ireland have been turning up but home support is not great!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:25 pm
World XV Player

There are usually tickets for sale as you get close to Murrayfiels, some years they have been giving them away , a lot of travelling Welsh have no intention of going to the game.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

Keith L wrote:
Hilljills wrote:
Keith L wrote:

Sorry HJ that ain't true, ive been up here (Scotland) 34 years been there and seen the empty seats, maybe last 2/3 years since Ireland have been turning up but home support is not great!

All tickets that are available for sale are sold out. However, if you look at the viagogo website then there are still a couple of hundred seats available (if you want to pay 3x face value!) and debenture seats are not available for sale so if that seat holder decides not to go along and doesn't pass ticket over then seat will be empty. As far as the SRU are concerned though all seats are sold, Ireland game is also sold out as were England and France last year.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:52 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I'd definitely say that staying closer to the stadium is a good idea

We stayed in the grass market or hey market???? :scratch: :dontknow: a couple of years ago and had to walk *fupping* miles to the stadium on game day (and walk back whilst being a little pissed)

Great city though and we did plan to go back this year but couldn't do it :thumbdown:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:20 am
Profile E-mail