It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:13 am

Charlie Faumuina, huge loss 
World XV Player

Post Charlie Faumuina, huge loss
Prob form nz tight head over last few seasons. Owen Franks at times better, but quite old school.

The 128 kg, stepper all round prop is 30 and prime. Luckily we will have him for Lions.

Huge loss for us..
Hope he got paid a huge amount.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Charlie Faumuina, huge loss
Forrealz wrote:
Prob form nz tight head over last few seasons. Owen Franks at times better, but quite old school.

The 128 kg, stepper all round prop is 30 and prime. Luckily we will have him for Lions.

Huge loss for us..
Hope he got paid a huge amount.

He signed in June this year but contract could not be confirmed until transfers are reviewed and budget authorised.

Not sure how much the contract is ... tight heads are an absolute premium... probably about 600k euros/annum and a 3 year contract.

This was the anouncement when he agreed the deal (it was posted on here, head line reads 'Faumunina has said 'yes' for 3 years'. Contract starts June 2017) , it was verified this wk.

NZRFU are strict about players that leave ... he played for ABs after he had signed.
Latest suggests that Dagg and Ben Smith are the current players being wooed....their current contracts with NZRFU are up.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Who?

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:28 pm
World XV Player

AB benchwarmer, never the best in his position. Good around the field, average in the scrum.

Good impact player at 60m, can have crap hands at times.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:32 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
AB benchwarmer, never the best in his position. Good around the field, average in the scrum.

Sacrilege to say it from France but I like the NZ white wines although a taste of sour grapes here?

Only tickling.

Bonne Année 4MY! ;) :kermit:

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:01 am
World XV Player

Have to disagree fmy, best closing prop of game in the world. Has been significant in our rich form, unlike Owen Franks he has travelled through the changes and some northern hurdles well. Modern prop that will suit NH and French rugby well. His dominance in 2nd half has been significant in winning and our style of play. Hopefully laulala can be as good off the bench, would have like laulala starting with faumuina coming on..

Go well, luckily he will be here through lions

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Have to disagree fmy, best closing prop of game in the world. Has been significant in our rich form, unlike Owen Franks he has travelled through the changes and some northern hurdles well. Modern prop that will suit NH and French rugby well. His dominance in 2nd half has been significant in winning and our style of play. Hopefully laulala can be as good off the bench, would have like laulala starting with faumuina coming on..

Go well, luckily he will be here through lions

I've never really rated him bro. He's decent, but was never good enough to consistently start, and I reckon that says it all.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:53 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

Sacrilege to say it from France but I like the NZ white wines although a taste of sour grapes here?

Only tickling.

Bonne Année 4MY! ;) :kermit:

Check my posts over the past 4 years regarding Charlie. My opinion of him hasn't changed just because he's getting an early pension.

Benchwarmer, poor scrummager, decent around the field.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:16 am
World XV Player

Loose and fmy,s never rated him tel, many kiwis do though, his impact has been huge, dominant. Prob best suited to the NH recent form in front row. We have the younger Laulala coming though, not as big.
Unlike the big SouthAucklander France have propping. Charlie has a better all round game.
We've seen his best in last few years which is great. Best I saw was him and Tuipoloto coming on against England a couple seasons ago, and really blew away the big English boys, and World Cup 2015.
Yep and 4my's opinion never changed no matter how good he was, or had become, same old story :D
Love to know his $$, he'll rep NZ well propping in France, one of our better forward experts since Hayman.

Where we have dominated the bench, will be interesting next year, but we may not see this till 2018, as Charlie will see us through Lions at least.

Ben Smith and Dagg next steps will be interesting.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:34 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Yep and 4my's opinion never changed no matter how good he was, or had become, same old story :D

Except for that period where I posted numerous times saying "it looks like his game has improved" and "he's scrummaging a lot better". Sadly his form didn't hold.

Same with Sam Cane - I didn't like him at all, but he got better and I had to admit he was our best.

You on the other hand KW get a raging hardon for a (100% always PI) player and won't stop rubbing it no matter how shit they continue to play.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:06 am
World XV Player

Yea like Squire, Ben Smith, lol, like yr absolute hard arse attitudes against mainly like Faumuina now he's crap in your books, Franks can have 10 average games no worries mate. Awe well, Faumuina will be missed, by most, no just me, luckily we have him for Lions, hopefully, Laulala and Haynes can man up this year.

Come on FMYs just cause you don't like him, means dark all about how good he is... from my experience on here

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:48 am
Profile E-mail