It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:45 am

No more 'foreigners' to be selected for France 
World XV Player

Post Re: No more 'foreigners' to be selected for France
SimplyRed wrote:
Question is how long does it take you to get a passport?
if you are Zola Budd...about a week, but that wont happen again.

For me, i dont care. if people LIVE in a country for say 3 years, then they have shown some commitment to that country, paid taxes and spent money. Making it longer might prevent good players playing as they will be too old.
OR if we are having a rule about being born and bred in a country then stick to it but Aus and NZ wont....so we are stuck!

Australia and NZ would have to follow the rules and they always have, when it comes to rules on playing foreigners in internationals that are not eligible, then i dont think we have any moral high ground. In any case as is often pointed out nearly all pacific islanders represented NZ/Australia are either born there are have come through their systems since a very early age.

Actually i cant think of many players Wales have actually lost, who have come through the systems and other countries have benefited form. I can think of whole teams that have come in though.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The current system actually allows for a player to potentially having 8 choices of what country to play for :

A Player may only play for the senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team, the next senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team and the senior National Representative Sevens Team of the Union of the country in which:

(a) he was born; or (1)

(b) one parent (2,3) or grandparent was born;( 4,5,6,7) or

(c) he has completed thirty six consecutive months of Residence immediately preceding the time of playing.(8)

With a system like that, it's no wonder there are so many players choosing differing nations to play for. And all above board, within WR regs. It's up for review, but I've only seen mention of extending 3 to 5 years on residency. Which would still give 8 potential options.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

SimplyRed wrote:
Question is how long does it take you to get a passport?
if you are Zola Budd...about a week, but that wont happen again.

For me, i dont care. if people LIVE in a country for say 3 years, then they have shown some commitment to that country, paid taxes and spent money. Making it longer might prevent good players playing as they will be too old.
OR if we are having a rule about being born and bred in a country then stick to it but Aus and NZ wont....so we are stuck!

:shock: You need to check your facts about NZ rugby policies.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:49 pm
thread ruining clique

Said it before, but I think if the only reason you move to a country is to play pro rugby there, then the residency rule should be extended to five years or maybe ten.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 am
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Said it before, but I think if the only reason you move to a country is to play pro rugby there, then the residency rule should be extended to five years or maybe ten.

I would agree with 5 possibly for teams outside the top 10 it could be 3 to encourage competition and growth. :dontknow:

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:09 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Tony Panties wrote:
welshbean wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote:
The Charles De Gaulle and a large Amphibious force has been seen off Fiji

another opportunity for them to wave the white flag, when the fijians charge them. :D

Beany, my dismay at an insensitive remark!!

I have lived in France for 27 years and I appreciate suffering and courage and bravery of military and public.

More public and miltitary deaths and destruction in both W Wars when compared to UK.

Full frontal bravery and resilience face to face with the enemy in France, cue the infamous battles (the 100 anniversary of Battle of Verdun last week).

The level of attrocities suffered were huge in WW2.

The bravery of the Resistance examplary.

I live in an area that suffered extensively.

I consider your remark unfortunate especially in a sporting context!

Tel

Tony I fully agree, anyone that has read the history of WW1 would soon realise the French are not cowards, a disgraceful accusation against a proud decent people.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dog wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
welshbean wrote:

another opportunity for them to wave the white flag, when the fijians charge them. :D

I have lived in France for 27 years and I appreciate suffering and courage and bravery of military and public.

More public and miltitary deaths and destruction in both W Wars when compared to UK.

Full frontal bravery and resilience face to face with the enemy in France, cue the infamous battles (the 100 anniversary of Battle of Verdun last week).

Tel

Tony I fully agree, anyone that has read the history of WW1 would soon realise the French are not cowards, a disgraceful accusation against a proud decent people.

Some peope really do take throwaway comments on a message board far too seriously, get a grip!
Oh and Merry Christmas ;)

Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:38 am
thread ruining clique

Dog wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
welshbean wrote:

Tel

Anyone who had read the history of dogs would understand how inappropriate it is for you to call yourself Dog dogs are slaves and they have been genetically bread by humans to have small noses and they used to be wolves and it is disrespectful to dogs for you to use their name so callously and you should be ashamed of yourself

Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:19 am
thread ruining clique

Tony Panties wrote:
welshbean wrote:

Tel

I think it is disgusting that you go around calling yourself panties panties are like slaves forced to live their entire lives stuck up someone's arse and to use their name in such a callous way is disgusting and you should be ashamed how would you like it if a panties went around calling itself Terry and talking French

Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:22 am
World XV Player

Tory Panties .. rich girls knickers?

Ymlaen WelshBean!

If the French were so heroic why did Churchill have to order the sinking of their fleet?

Vichy France .. Iach Y Fi!

Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:06 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thks Spinny, Merry Xmas ;)

Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:33 pm
World XV Player

Best explosion of hatred and personal attack I've ever seen was on a model making forum I frequent.

All over the number of rivets between this bit and that bit, wow :D

Indeed, to this day, to be called a rivet counter is the worst insult that can be put your way :D

Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:03 pm
World XV Player

Funny that French cowards comment its been drummed into us 45 pluses too down here.
I think the French input in southpasific etc hasn't helped with nuc testing, rainbow warrior etc.

But things are better.

You would think they change the residency to parents born, or 4-5 years for residency.

Brought up through the rugby system comments I find a bit daft. Bought up in the country maybe a bit more realistic.

A payment for players who have played rep for any age group should assist to, or be mandatory, even 50k in this case, woul help Fiji etc.

The French rugby academy in Fiji, is a game changer, but legal.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:18 pm
Profile E-mail