It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Valuable ABs expected in europe ... 
World XV Player

Post Re: Valuable ABs expected in europe ...
SimplyRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
We should stop cheque book Charlies coming to Wales and go for home grown talent. Invest in Wales not in the Bank of New Zealand.

There are only five Kiwi rugby players in Wales I can think of - Johnny McNicholl and Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Brendon Leonard and Kieron Fonotia (Ospreys), Jarrod Hoeta (Blues). If anything the South African migration is of much bigger concern - just look at the squads of Saracens, Montpellier or indeed the Dragons, for starters.

still too many foreign players from other countries.

Why Is that?

Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:04 pm
International Player

najbritcol wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
We should stop cheque book Charlies coming to Wales and go for home grown talent. Invest in Wales not in the Bank of New Zealand.

There are only five Kiwi rugby players in Wales I can think of - Johnny McNicholl and Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Brendon Leonard and Kieron Fonotia (Ospreys), Jarrod Hoeta (Blues).

I forgot to mention Nick Williams (Blues) and Sam Beard (Dragons).

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:59 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Arr, the Bank of New Zealand is owned by the Aussies lock, stock and swinging didgeridoo.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:51 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I often wonder what is the best return on a million Euro. A couple of players for a couple of years, or sunk in the academy

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
I often wonder what is the best return on a million Euro. A couple of players for a couple of years, or sunk in the academy

I heard a story about a Premership football team that was looking to get rid of their academy. It was PR that stopped them.

I would guess that in football, the resale of a player is a big part of the consideration when buying them in the first place?

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Latest rumour mill ... Ben Smith for Pau where he'd join Conrad-Smith and Slade. Both have contributed significantly to Pau who are now showing a positive trend in the Top 14 (coached by pillock Manix though, Ugh!). Watched them beat Montpelier this weekend in a high scoring match. Conrad-Smith is usually stand out and his passsing skills a joy to watch. Sadly injured this w/end and pulled up with a leg injury that looks serious. Slade has also proved well worth the investment.

Cruden still targetted to Montpelier.

Carter had a super Season for Racing 2015/2016 although he picked up an injury in the latter part and wasn't able in Euro Champs final and was subbed. This Season he has not been the same effect ... he's always been targetted but it's more severe now eg he wasn't that effective in Racing's defeat by Toulon last night. Still a wonderful talent and admirable behaviour ... he takes the knocks no complaints and there's lways something special when he plays. Wonderful man and player!

Vito is stand out for La Rochelle and is definitely one of the motors in La Rochelle excellent form this Season (currently joint first).

Top14 teams becoming more selective in choice of foreigners and there are indications that the JIFF is having some effect also salary cap.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:32 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Valuable ABs expected in europe .
DC was paid shitloads because of his WC form and name. He wasn't that good before the WC.

BS won't go anywhere I reckon. He's our best back 3 player by a mile, and he knows his worth to the blackness.

AC should go north.

Stoked Vito and C Smith are playing well.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:13 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Latest rumour mill ... Ben Smith for Pau where he'd join Conrad-Smith and Slade. Both have contributed significantly to Pau who are now showing a positive trend in the Top 14 (coached by pillock Manix though, Ugh!). Watched them beat Montpelier this weekend in a high scoring match. Conrad-Smith is usually stand out and his passsing skills a joy to watch. Sadly injured this w/end and pulled up with a leg injury that looks serious. Slade has also proved well worth the investment.

Cruden still targetted to Montpelier.

Carter had a super Season for Racing 2015/2016 although he picked up an injury in the latter part and wasn't able in Euro Champs final and was subbed. This Season he has not been the same effect ... he's always been targetted but it's more severe now eg he wasn't that effective in Racing's defeat by Toulon last night. Still a wonderful talent and admirable behaviour ... he takes the knocks no complaints and there's lways something special when he plays. Wonderful man and player!

Vito is stand out for La Rochelle and is definitely one of the motors in La Rochelle excellent form this Season (currently joint first).

Top14 teams becoming more selective in choice of foreigners and there are indications that the JIFF is having some effect also salary cap.

Cruden has signed for Montpelier

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:26 pm
World XV Player

All over the news here too. Stating 1.2 mil nz a year about 600 pounds and news saying 2nd highest French contract after Carter.

Colin Slade and Cruden played better in NZ than Carter in nz 2015.
Carter got the RWC starting so..

Wonder what Faumuina got a year, tight heads are well paid?

Dagg and Ben Smith are pretty big for us, and will leave a hole, if they follow. One will I recon.

Cruden Faumuina Dagg and Ben Smirh are all very good players.

Along with Nonu, these players would all make ABs at least this year. Cruden actually one most at risk, of losing a spot.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/arti ... d=11784933
Keeps supporting the fact, Ben Smith to go, gees some pretty valuable players

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11784933
Keeps supporting the fact, Ben Smith to go, gees some pretty valuable players

Bro, there is almost nothing there except one random dudes opinion. :scratch: The frog media is as good as any when it comes to "news". Say something enough times and people will start talking about it.

I'll believe it when I see it, until then it's all *b@ll@cks*.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 am
World XV Player

Yea but naTel has been pretty good at feeding us the French info over the years so yes his putting toward the French news reports has been great. Pretty bang on most of. The Ben Smith Izzy Dagg will play out chances are with one going.
There has been heapsa publicity here on NMS signing.

It is what is is but Daggs stocks came back last year.

Smith may go, Dagg will stay, big change having Smith not there if it happens.

Must be soon

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Yea but naTel has been pretty good at feeding us the French info over the years so yes his putting toward the French news reports has been great. Pretty bang on most of. The Ben Smith Izzy Dagg will play out chances are with one going.

Must be soon

I don't think the French media know any more than anyone else, and it seems they are just as good at printing click bait as the next rugby nation. Tel is pretty much just a messenger, and like any media I won't believe it until it's signed and done.
Personally I can't see BS go, Dagg maybe but he's worked hard to get back into the ABs and I can't see him going anywhere as well.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:07 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Must be soon

I don't think the French media know any more than anyone else, and it seems they are just as good at printing click bait as the next rugby nation. Tel is pretty much just a messenger, and like any media I won't believe it until it's signed and done.
Personally I can't see BS go, Dagg maybe but he's worked hard to get back into the ABs and I can't see him going anywhere as well.

Looks like you backed the right horse Loosie :thumbup:

TODAY'S article states that :
(quick précis translate)

HEADING / Ben Smith leaves to stay in NZ

He had been courted by the Pau club for several months.

Manix, C-Smith and Slade had tried to persuade him and the Club made a very good offer.

In December it looked like he was coming with Pau in prime position for his services. The player on holiday all of January had delayed his response. Smith finally turned around in order to dispute the tournament against the Lionsand the 2019 World Cup in 2019;

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:53 am
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Must be soon

Looks like you backed the right horse Loosie :thumbup:

TODAY'S article states that :
(quick précis translate)

HEADING / Ben Smith leaves to stay in NZ

He had been courted by the Pau club for several months.

Manix, C-Smith and Slade had tried to persuade him and the Club made a very good offer.

In December it looked like he was coming with Pau in prime position for his services. The player on holiday all of January had delayed his response. Smith finally turned around in order to dispute the tournament against the Lionsand the 2019 World Cup in 2019;

Nothing to do with horses, just not believing anything in the media is common sense. They have a masters in click baiting.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next