It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:53 am

Valuable ABs expected in europe ... 
World XV Player

Post Valuable ABs expected in europe ...
1.5m euros has been mentioned for Ben Smith from Munster and other N Hemp Clubs ...

Cruden and Dagg to follow ? and contracts unlikely to be renewed by NZRFU?

e;g a couple of days ago

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/black-smith-c ... 11492.html

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:36 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Valuable ABs expected in europe ...
You can understand why these players would come to Europe, the long term benefits for financial security of their future outweighs the badge, sign of the times.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Are they that good though? What I mean is, for that money would ten players at less money be better spent?

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Are they that good though? What I mean is, for that money would ten players at less money be better spent?

Take your point but 10 is pushing it :scratch: ;) ;)

Teams that can pay that money want specifics and it will be offset by the size of their sponsorship and potential side benfits too...

e.g Image rights can be 'manipulated' ;) ;)

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:56 pm
Regional Player

Munster doesn't have that money to spare, only getting back on there feet financially. Then I doubt Nucifora would OK the deal. Munster already have IQ Chris Farrell from Grenoble lined up and strong rumour that JJ Hanrahan is returning from Northampton. Good to see Munster back among the elite for transfer rumors do.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Teams that can pay that money want specifics and it will be offset by the size of their sponsorship and potential side benfits too...

The AB's sum as a whole is better than the individual parts added (if that makes sense), so my guess is that teams can overpay for players. Not sure players like Beale are that much better than the NH equivalents, but they can add some numbers to the gate, or pay per view..

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:17 pm
thread ruining clique

Thegrimriper wrote:
You can understand why these players would come to Europe, the long term benefits for financial security of their future outweighs the badge, sign of the times.

Once the money starts getting silly, players will start leaving. I imagine it would take a lot to tempt an AB away from an international career, but with the figures being bandied about nowadays they're going to have a tough decision to make.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:44 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

The AB's sum as a whole is better than the individual parts added (if that makes sense), so my guess is that teams can overpay for players. Not sure players like Beale are that much better than the NH equivalents, but they can add some numbers to the gate, or pay per view..

I'd agree 100% its the cohesion of their play rather than their individual brilliance/impact. Although there are examples.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The bottom line is that they'll be earning big money to the detriment of player development in the cash strapped Celtic Unions.

As much as they'll be a delight to watch and attract paying punters through the gates they wont inspire our players who have been mule headed stubborn in developing an attitude towards winning.

The few extra through the gates wont change the main reason for Welsh Rugby's financial problems ... only players with a 'no surrender' attitude can do that.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Crap

its the complete abortion we have that is holding back development

The Prem being the biggest problem.

RIP Sean Spicer: "sometimes you can disagree with the facts" Awesome.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:10 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Crap

Let us not embellish this. The Ospreys and Scarlets have each got two Kiwis and the Blues have one. It is hardly the end of the world, and certainly not a huge hindrance on development. (What do you make of the vast numbers of Kiwis and other foreigners in French clubs then?) In fact, it is widely acknowledged that Mike Phillips' career developed considerably thanks to the tutelage and help offered by Justin Marshall at the Ospreys, to use one crucial example. Marty Holah and Jerry Collins were also good influences on the team.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Crap

Let us not embellish this. The Ospreys and Scarlets have each got two Kiwis and the Blues have one. It is hardly the end of the world, and certainly not a huge hindrance on development. (What do you make of the vast numbers of Kiwis and other foreigners in French clubs then?) In fact, it is widely acknowledged that Mike Phillips' career developed considerably thanks to the tutelage and help offered by Justin Marshall at the Ospreys, to use one crucial example. Marty Holah and Jerry Collins were also good influences on the team.

Oh bloody hell .. 'Let's not embellish this'? Brave man and fine words. :-)

I used to like it when Percy bounced his ball off of the roof at Rodney Parade ... thump! 1 2 3 ... dumpff! Brilliant it was.

Didn't do too much for the Club though .. still a decade behind.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:54 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Crap

I used to like it when Percy bounced his ball off of the roof at Rodney Parade ... thump! 1 2 3 ... dumpff! Brilliant it was.

Yeah the one region I'd criticise for having too many foreigners - mainly South Africans in their case - is in fact the Dragons. (Carl Meyer and Sarel Pretorius are OK, but do they really need the others?) The other regions not really. And as for this forum's beloved Irish provinces: Connacht would barely exist without foreign players; Ulster have done well in no small measure thanks to Ruan Pienaar and have made Jared Payne an Irish international; Leinster heavily rely on Isa Nacewa especially during international periods and also seem to like Jamison Gibson-Park a lot; Munster have made CJ Stander an Irish international...

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Crap

Percy brought the fans through the gate, the board fupped the club.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

najbritcol wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Crap

Yeah the one region I'd criticise for having too many foreigners - mainly South Africans in their case - is in fact the Dragons. (Carl Meyer and Sarel Pretorius are OK, but do they really need the others?) The other regions not really. And as for this forum's beloved Irish provinces: Connacht would barely exist without foreign players; Ulster have done well in no small measure thanks to Ruan Pienaar and have made Jared Payne an Irish international; Leinster heavily rely on Isa Nacewa especially during international periods and also seem to like Jamison Gibson-Park a lot; Munster have made CJ Stander an Irish international...

Ruan Pienaar great servant to Ulster but can you name a decent standard international scrumhalf that Ulster have produced since he was there? And no I don't mean Paul Marshall who only got capped because Ireland at the time had no one else. One of the main reasons why Pienaar is getting let go is that the production of scrumhalves from Ulster has dried up since he came to the province because he dominates play time so much.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail