It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Hartley 
World XV Player

Post Hartley
Any one see the swinging arm clothesline on SoB? Next stop the WWF...

This plonker won't be Lions captain surely?

I'm sure some one who knows how to put videos up will still it up shortly as I don't know how.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Post Re: Hartley
Surely that's him gone from the 6 nations and at least the Lions captaincy running later on? His past record is a car crash.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:19 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

https://embed.gyazo.com/548e028b2f710a3 ... be4406.gif

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:39 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

He won't miss the 6N, they have form for banning players until the day before the first game

Sean Spicer, Whitehouse press secretary 21/01/17

We've had Comical Ali we now have Deluded Sean

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:39 am

These were posted by smallclone on another forum

https://i.gyazo.com/803ef03cacd113c044f ... dffd74.gif

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:43 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We don't like him but

Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:46 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Of course no-one would look to wind Dylan up down here on the Lions Tour.

Not as far as day follows night ................................

Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:32 am
Profile E-mail

I wouldn't defend Hartley normally and that was still on the high side but to be fair to him, the Irish player had started falling when he came in and his head was at about chest height. Had he stayed upright, Harley would have hit him in the upper chest, not sensible but legal.

On the flip side, a ban would make it much easier to replace him with Jamie George who is a far superior hooker and still young.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Completely premeditated and calculated act of thuggery in any one's book surely.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:01 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
I wouldn't defend Hartley normally and that was still on the high side but to be fair to him, the Irish player had started falling when he came in and his head was at about chest height. Had he stayed upright, Harley would have hit him in the upper chest, not sensible but legal.

On the flip side, a ban would make it much easier to replace him with Jamie George who is a far superior hooker and still young.

He didn't need to strike that high though; that was the thing.

Ridiculous at best.

Sean

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:04 am
Profile E-mail

Yeah he went high but the thing is it would have been a completely legal his had the Irish player not fallen before the hit came in. It really wasn't pre-mediated thuggery, unless you think somehow he has the ability to adjust his hit after he is committed to hit the players head as he falls down, do you realise just how difficult that is?

Reckless and pointlessly high to begin with but he clearly intended to hit the chest and not the head and only hit the head because the Irish player fell down. This happens plenty of times, "falling into the tackle", it's one of the few cases where leeway is given for hitting a player in the head.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Yeah he went high but the thing is it would have been a completely legal his had the Irish player not fallen before the hit came in. It really wasn't pre-mediated thuggery, unless you think somehow he has the ability to adjust his hit after he is committed to hit the players head as he falls down, do you realise just how difficult that is?

Reckless and pointlessly high to begin with but he clearly intended to hit the chest and not the head and only hit the head because the Irish player fell down. This happens plenty of times, "falling into the tackle", it's one of the few cases where leeway is given for hitting a player in the head.

Sorry, it looked like a deliberate forearm smash to me nowhere near the ball...don't defend the indefensible ;)

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:19 am
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

Reckless and pointlessly high to begin with but he clearly intended to hit the chest and not the head and only hit the head because the Irish player fell down.

I get that rugby has become a game of fine judgements, but he knows that better than either of us and I'm not suggesting he meant it BTW: just an extremely poor piece of play and could well have repercussions on his place in the England team.

Still means he didn't have to do it and did.

Sean

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

Have a lot of respect for your posts ...... But

It was a cheap shot 100% intentional and meant to damage. A moment of madness perhaps, but a moment of violence. That kind of thing is now thankfully rare, but he should get an 8 week ban.

That was totally intentional, he hoped to disguise it and got caught.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:16 am
Profile E-mail

I can't agree, he had barely been on the field any time at all, had done nothing dirty with England and then suddenly within minutes of his first game back goes in for a completely unprovoked clothesline to the head of an Irish player?

The alternative, he went for a chest height hit, the Irish player fell as Hartley was committed resulting in his head being at the height his chest was and so getting hit there.

I don't like Hartley and want to see him replaced with George ASAP, I also think he is a thug but I don't think this specific incident was thuggery any more than Daly's red was.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:22 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next