It is currently Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:40 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Over rated players in international teams. 
World XV Player

Post Re: Over rated players in international teams.
SimplyRed wrote:
North just isn't doing it for me at present.

His inability to deal with people who wish him ill is just pathetic?

Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:04 pm
World XV Player

Have always thought George a big talent. He does need a break though.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:

??
what an obscure remark.
you get lost when you cant copy and paste... ;)

Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Bouch wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:

Would you like me to edit this for you Bouch?

Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
Bouch wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:

Would you like me to edit this for you Bouch?

Based on what wings are normally judged on, both North and Cuthbert shouldn't see the red shirt but, given the amounts of time Welsh wings actually see the ball (let alone get a pass so they actually touch it!) it's very hard to be genuinely critical of either!!
The 'new' Welsh 'attacking' game doesn't apply to anyone outside centres! Add Foxy's inability to wipe the sticky jam from his palms and few Welsh wings will score these days!!

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:43 pm
thread ruining clique

North gets loads of defensive ball flung at him to tidy up. He chases box kicks and cross field kicks he doesn't have a hope in hell of reaching. He sometimes comes inside and gets sent on a crash ball.
Whoever is playing on the left wing seems to get more decent ball, and the only reason I can suggest is that passing left is easier than passing right for our stodgy midfield.
The only time I remember him getting the ball in space during the entire AI series was when Biggar saw him and missed out the centres. Given half a chance, North was able to make forty yards with ease.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:35 pm
Regional Player

Manu Tuilagi - injured far too often and doesn't do much beyond being a rather crude battering ram.
Sam Warburton and Dan Lydiate - usually good at tackling but not much else.
Jamie Roberts - some combination of all of the above.
Jonny Sexton - again, injured too often and I'd argue nowadays that Paddy Jackson is a better all-round player.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

najbritcol wrote:
Manu Tuilagi - injured far too often and doesn't do much beyond being a rather crude battering ram.
Jonny Sexton - again, injured too often and I'd argue nowadays that Paddy Jackson is a better all-round player.

Lydiate and Warbs - when on song - are part of one of the best back rows in rugby. Chop tackle and jackel. Add Taulupe for his guile and subtlety and you've got the perfect unit.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:12 pm
Regional Player

spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Lydiate and Warbs - when on song - are part of one of the best back rows in rugby. Chop tackle and jackel. Add Taulupe for his guile and subtlety and you've got the perfect unit.

The crucial part is 'when on song', which a lot of the time isn't really the case. And even when they are, like I said their skills don't go far beyond tackle, tackle, tackle.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

The crucial part is 'when on song', which a lot of the time isn't really the case. And even when they are, like I said their skills don't go far beyond tackle, tackle, tackle.

God. If only you loved your country and stopped wishing everything was greener on the other side of the fence.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:19 pm
Site Admin

spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

God. If only you loved your country and stopped wishing everything was greener on the other side of the fence.
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, because those on the other side of the fence nurture their grass, feed it the right food look after the young shoots. As soon as we get over the fence we turn it to mud :thefinger:

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:24 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Thegrimriper wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, because those on the other side of the fence nurture their grass, feed it the right food look after the young shoots. As soon as we get over the fence we turn it to mud :thefinger:

Is that some kind of filthy marijuana reference? You disgust me. :thefinger:
Sorry.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:26 pm
Regional Player

spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

No need to throw that back at me. The point is there are genuinely good players in the regular Welsh team - Gethin Jenkins (I think he is immortal and will live longer than even the cockroaches), Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau, Liam Williams, Leigh Halfpenny, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Biggar and perhaps Rhys Webb and Scott Williams. However, I am not sure if the ones I first mentioned really count as such too.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

spinbreath wrote:
Thegrimriper wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Is that some kind of filthy marijuana reference? You disgust me. :thefinger:
Sorry.
Interesting conclusion.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

No need to throw that back at me. The point is there are genuinely good players in the regular Welsh team - Gethin Jenkins (I think he is immortal and will live longer than even the cockroaches), Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau, Liam Williams, Leigh Halfpenny, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Biggar and perhaps Rhys Webb and Scott Williams. However, I am not sure if the ones I first mentioned really count as such too.

I don't get people's problem with Warbs. He's a genuinely class 7, perhaps one of the best in the world, but we want him dropped because someone else is more exciting/plays for our preferred club.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:38 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next