It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:45 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Over rated players in international teams. 
Schools District Player

Post Re: OVER RATED PLAYERS IN INTERNATIONAL TEAMS
Keith L wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:
To start this off I'll give 3

Stuart Hogg - defence laughable
Dan Cole - other than scrum time near zero work rate
Gareth Davies - the vision of a mole eg cannot see backs when we have 5-2 overlaps

So who else can we add???

I think the fact that Hogg is up there with Sanjay as one of the best full-backs in the European/World Rugby probably excuses him from this list.

You are having a *fupping* big giraffe arent you, Hogg is a show pony, football player, a liability at his main job!

I rate him very highly, and believe that he is in with a very good shout of being the Lions 15. There aren't many better attacking full backs in Britain and Ireland than Hogg - Sanjay aside.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Etsebeth. He's good but the way we talk him up, sheesh...

For the most part, the Springbok team. We think they're shite but even that's being overrated.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:16 am
Youth Player

MattGaff wrote:
Cuthbert - at present. Seriously needs to get back what was once there but feel his best days are gone! He's young enough but still feel there is something blocking him. Mental perhaps?

The vast majority have him down as dog sh1t so for most the rating is correct. How he keeps getting capped is a different question.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:39 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

RedCard wrote:
MattGaff wrote:
Cuthbert - at present. Seriously needs to get back what was once there but feel his best days are gone! He's young enough but still feel there is something blocking him. Mental perhaps?

The vast majority have him down as dog sh1t so for most the rating is correct. How he keeps getting capped is a different question.

Like so many Wales players. Looks good and does the job, but not well enough and has to bulk up, at which point they go to shit.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:43 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cuthbert could do with a good run out and a few easy tries
I think his co fidence has gone and coincides with a lack of ball as well. I would like to see him do well.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

TheSmurf wrote:
Etsebeth. He's good but the way we talk him up, sheesh...

For the most part, the Springbok team. We think they're shite but even that's being overrated.

Of all the Bokke players to pick - Etsebeth is really not the one that is overrated. He's a beast.

Talking of beasts - the beast is overrated.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

TurkishDelight wrote:
Keith L wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:

Gareth Davies - the vision of a mole eg cannot see backs when we have 5-2 overlaps

I think the fact that Hogg is up there with Sanjay as one of the best full-backs in the European/World Rugby probably excuses him from this list.

You are having a *fupping* big giraffe arent you, Hogg is a show pony, football player, a liability at his main job!

I rate him very highly, and believe that he is in with a very good shout of being the Lions 15. There aren't many better attacking full backs in Britain and Ireland than Hogg - Sanjay aside.

Doesn't the fact that you have to add the caveat of being an "attacking" full back sort of hitn that the rest of his game isn't up to the standard of others? In his own half he's very ordinary. That's why Halfpenny would get selected above him.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

bumble wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:
Keith L wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:

Doesn't the fact that you have to add the caveat of being an "attacking" full back sort of hitn that the rest of his game isn't up to the standard of others? In his own half he's very ordinary. That's why Halfpenny would get selected above him.

I would pick Hogg over Halfpenny at full back every day of the week, I know that Halfpenny is much better defensively than Hogg, but quite frankly that's not really the main thing that I'd be looking for in a full back, I'd be looking at whether they have the ability to win a game by themselves, Hogg has that ability, along with Sanjay. Halfpenny used to, on the wing, but he doesn't anymore.

Would you prefer an attacking full back or a cautious, defensive full back?

Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TurkishDelight wrote:
bumble wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:
Keith L wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:

I would pick Hogg over Halfpenny at full back every day of the week, I know that Halfpenny is much better defensively than Hogg, but quite frankly that's not really the main thing that I'd be looking for in a full back, I'd be looking at whether they have the ability to win a game by themselves, Hogg has that ability, along with Sanjay. Halfpenny used to, on the wing, but he doesn't anymore.

Depends on the game. Also worth considering that until recently Scotland probably had a poorer defence than Wales and Hogg possibly suffered because of that.

I'd have both in the squad and swap as necessary in the match.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Over rated players in international teams.
I always felt Dan Cole was overrated. England love their props and he bridged two eras where there wasn't much to chose from. He ended up being over hyped by the media and was never massively destructive in the scrum. Actually was a bit of a shame as he is a good international just probably not as good as the papers had us believe at the time

Oh and how can you forget shherrridddaaannn!!

Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

TurkishDelight wrote:
bumble wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:
Keith L wrote:
TurkishDelight wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:

Then you'd probably lose the match. I'd pick halfpenny because he does most things better than Hogg. Not just 1 thing.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

I thought Gareth Davies was poor again yesterday.He seems to think
he can make a break from every situation and his service is ordinary at best.
Scarlets looked better when he was subbed.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

awaywardlad wrote:
I thought Gareth Davies was poor again yesterday.He seems to think
he can make a break from every situation and his service is ordinary at best.
Scarlets looked better when he was subbed.

....and have done all season with Jon Evans at 9

Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:03 pm
World XV Player

Yes, The Beast hugely overrated.

Also, Vunipola - great carrier but nowhere near the all round ability of Falatau.

For Wales - Sam Davies. Really seen little from him to justify the calls for his inclusion ahead of the prosaic but relaible Biggar

Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Hogg cant tackle. not a fan.
Welsh team...Bradley Davies always flatters to deceived....Ken Owens can do better, and North just isn't doing it for me at present.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next