It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 3:54 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 27  Next
Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017 
Junior Player

Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
one season dosent mean shit,the lions tour is this season not last season ,so we should pick welsh players that used to be good

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:13 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Oh how I love the anger and bitterness from some people who somehow feel certain selections (or lack of) are a personal attack against them and\or their nation.
You are never going to please all the people all the time.
Personally i would like less Welsh players in the squad as some of them might get a "I must be the dogs *bull whips*" ego boost when they are playing shit-average at best. And they will be complacent next season.
Maybe (just maybe) Gatland's hands were tied by WRU who only let him go if he favoured a few and got a decent representation??

Anyway - come the first test, the nation representations might end up being heavy on Eng & Ire and a sprinkling of Welsh and a token Scot? Who cares, I will support them most probs whatever happens. I honestly wouldnt care if there were no welshies in the test squad!

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Albert Einstein

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:15 am
Profile YIM
Junior Player

say that when theres no welsh,then i will believe ye ,mon the all blacks,scotland will be supporting ye

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Only three kiwis, you barstards should stop picking on Harttly, that's why we sent him there at 16, he's meant to be the captain..

:thefinger:

Not too many complaints with that except Launchbury should be going - I'd have him in ahead of Henderson or Lawes (or even AWJ - are we sure he will be 100% fit by start of tour? - tin hat firmly in place... :D )
IMO you need at least one or two old fashioned hard *bar stewards* out in NZ of all places, and all five 2nd rows picked are more athletes than that particular profile.

The game has changed, OSR, no real enforcers these days, just 6 camera angles. ;)

This. Whitelock and Retallick aren't exactly enforcers, they're freaks.

Retallic is a modern day enforcer.. kaino in some ways with hits.
Tuipulotu and Faumuina come on and smother choke and close down the forward battle, in the past anyways, I hope they are firing.
And Coles is just a dirtbag with good charisma.
They're our enforcers

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:22 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bazzmo wrote:
but we are not playing a game last season,its now and to be honest wales are poor,scotland had lots of injurys,and we dont have the depth of the other home nations but our top team is better than wales and we humped yous, these are facts,not this player for wales can play better but just didnt on that day or the week after,but hes going with the lions because he played well a few years ago

not quite a humping. you won but wales were bad that day. On paper Wales are still a better side.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 am
World XV Player

bazzmo wrote:
say that when theres no welsh,then i will believe ye ,mon the all blacks,scotland will be supporting ye

We'll ha ya Bazzmo, there's probably more Scottish blood in our team, most of our European boys are Irish/Scottish heritage, except Retallic he is Neanderthal

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

rugbydan wrote:
bazzmo wrote:
but we are not playing a game last season,its now and to be honest wales are poor,scotland had lots of injurys,and we dont have the depth of the other home nations but our top team is better than wales and we humped yous, these are facts,not this player for wales can play better but just didnt on that day or the week after,but hes going with the lions because he played well a few years ago

not quite a humping. you won but wales were bad that day. On paper Wales are still a better side.

lol that's the weakest comment today

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:25 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bazzmo wrote:
one season dosent mean shit,the lions tour is this season not last season ,so we should pick welsh players that used to be good

No because I said thats wrong. Wales are over represented because lets face it Gatland is sucking some ass.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:26 am
Junior Player

on paper lol,we humped yees lol

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:28 am
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

sorry dan im angry about just 2 scots going ,and getting angry with a poster that i like i appologise anger getting the better of me,sorry dan

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bazzmo wrote:
sorry dan im angry about just 2 scots going ,and getting angry with a poster that i like i appologise anger getting the better of me,sorry dan

Pfffttttt mun, Dan is only normal when he's getting grief and aggro (Just for being Dan!!) what you been saying is half a breakfast to Dan, he's usually (by now anyway?) half-way through the a la carte (usually a 84oz steak?) and getting ready for some REAL bloody aggro!! I mean, be fair, you didn't use a single cuss-word yet and Dan, at the same stage, has invented a half-dozen new ones!! Nahhh......... that's not upsetting Dan mun, give him some crap he can REALLY get his canines into!! :D :D

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:16 am
World XV Player

Feel for Scotland a bit, maybe AWJ could have been replaced by a Grey brother. Dont know the rest so well except for Maitland.

But as you know Bazzmo, Rugbydan is a good honest guy.

Really looking foward to seing how good these guys are.

Unlike other tours where there is a couple easier games then the harder provinces, you guys have 1 games grace, then bang..

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

MattGaff wrote:
Oh how I love the anger and bitterness from some people who somehow feel certain selections (or lack of) are a personal attack against them and\or their nation.
You are never going to please all the people all the time.
Personally i would like less Welsh players in the squad as some of them might get a "I must be the dogs *bull whips*" ego boost when they are playing shit-average at best. And they will be complacent next season.
Maybe (just maybe) Gatland's hands were tied by WRU who only let him go if he favoured a few and got a decent representation??

Anyway - come the first test, the nation representations might end up being heavy on Eng & Ire and a sprinkling of Welsh and a token Scot? Who cares, I will support them most probs whatever happens. I honestly wouldnt care if there were no welshies in the test squad!

Wales are the team thats been here more recently, so they will know what they are in for, which is good, the Lions have more depth and probably a lot more talent so the hiding they got from A Waikato B team (for Wales) shouldnt happen to the Lions.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:20 am
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

lol 3 nil tae the awe blacks

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Only three kiwis, you barstards should stop picking on Harttly, that's why we sent him there at 16, he's meant to be the captain..

:thefinger:

Not too many complaints with that except Launchbury should be going - I'd have him in ahead of Henderson or Lawes (or even AWJ - are we sure he will be 100% fit by start of tour? - tin hat firmly in place... :D )
IMO you need at least one or two old fashioned hard *bar stewards* out in NZ of all places, and all five 2nd rows picked are more athletes than that particular profile.

The game has changed, OSR, no real enforcers these days, just 6 camera angles. ;)

This. Whitelock and Retallick aren't exactly enforcers, they're freaks.

Retallic is a modern day enforcer.. kaino in some ways with hits.
Tuipulotu and Faumuina come on and smother choke and close down the forward battle, in the past anyways, I hope they are firing.
And Coles is just a dirtbag with good charisma.
They're our enforcers

Enforcers now are nothing like the old days. Our locks just outplay their opposites and that's good enough to get under the skin, don't need to be dirty to piss the opposition off. That kind of player is burden on the team nowadays.
The only real enforcer nowadays is the ref.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:23 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 27  Next