It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 12:32 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next
Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017 
Regional Player

Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
Cymru am byth wrote:
Titeheadprop wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Whatever the selection was/is this was never going to end well for everyone. The Jocks must have definitely unimpressed Gatland who is guily of taking too many old Welsh favourites - bit like his penchant for crowding out the coaching bench with English coaches...again.

People all over the BI & I working themselves into a lather - cue numerous new members of Scrum V to have a moan - but to no avail. He's picked his squad, barring injury it won't change. Let's see what happens, the proof of the pudding etc., etc.

Good luck to the boys.

Those outspoken 'moaning new members of Scrum V' should leave it up to the 'veterans of 20 odd posts' and not voice their own opinions?

Don't get above your station sunshine! You should know that unless you have hundreds of posts on any internet board, your opinions don't count! :D No one with more than 400 posts on here has ever talked shit.

Welcome to the board.

So it seems !!! Thank you very much for the welcome and I can see with my own eyes that no-one, and I mean no-one, with between 5 and 40000 posts ever, and I mean ever, talks shite, well...with some very notable exceptions of course.

I'll shuddup and work on my post count - by the SA tour in 2021 I'll be spouting shite with the best of you, hopefully.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

No welsh props and one second row speaks volumes. Just shows how far we have fallen in our forward play. Last tour our front row went and hibbard and adam dominated.

Not many welsh players starting tests for me, back row.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 pm
World XV Player

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

i will be supporting the all blacks ,intae these brits,scotland forever

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Whatever you think of Gatland, he hasn't chosen this squad out of spite for certain players. He has chosen the team he thinks will do best.

He's chosen a squad based a lot on reputation with the personnel to play warren-ball. Especially the 6 centres.

Really cant see how people are pushing Scotland for something, they're a poor side that just about managed average in this last 6 nations. Being "slightly less shit than normal" doesn't suddenly mean they're good.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

Im going for Lions 2-1. Yes folks, could be historic. It cant be worse than the 2005 circus.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:43 pm
Junior Player

welsh bigotry yous have a shit team who have beaten nobody yet yous have 12 players ffs,really get a grip

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Old Second Row wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Only three kiwis, you barstards should stop picking on Harttly, that's why we sent him there at 16, he's meant to be the captain..

:thefinger:

Not too many complaints with that except Launchbury should be going - I'd have him in ahead of Henderson or Lawes (or even AWJ - are we sure he will be 100% fit by start of tour? - tin hat firmly in place... :D )
IMO you need at least one or two old fashioned hard *bar stewards* out in NZ of all places, and all five 2nd rows picked are more athletes than that particular profile.

The game has changed, OSR, no real enforcers these days, just 6 camera angles. ;)

This. Whitelock and Retallick aren't exactly enforcers, they're freaks.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:01 pm
Junior Player

if any welsh fan thinks ,yous should have 6 times as many players as scotland a team ranked above yous yer mental lol

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Wales is over represented. Players picked on reputation not form.

1/2p, JD, Toby should not go. Moriarty is a wild card. Biggar im not convinced of.
Sam as captain is a joke.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:04 pm
Regional Player

rugbydan wrote:

1/2p, JD, Toby should not go. Moriarty is a wild card. Biggar im not convinced of.

Agree about JD he's not even in the top 10 centres at the moment. Biggar hasn't done enough to warrant being picked over Ford but Warburton is absolutely the right choice as captain, aside from the fact there are no other candidates who will get near the test team, he's as worthy a Lion's captain as there's even been.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ironrobson21 wrote:
rugbydan wrote:

Agree about JD he's not even in the top 10 centres at the moment. Biggar hasn't done enough to warrant being picked over Ford but Warburton is absolutely the right choice as captain, aside from the fact there are no other candidates who will get near the test team, he's as worthy a Lion's captain as there's even been.

so hes in on merit though not just his congenial personality?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:47 pm
Junior Player

a team ranked 5th in the world gets 2 players going with the lions a team ranked 8th gets 12,you can dress it up anyway you want its wrong

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bazzmo wrote:
a team ranked 5th in the world gets 2 players going with the lions a team ranked 8th gets 12,you can dress it up anyway you want its wrong

Yeah but 1 season doesnt mean shit. You beat misfiring welsh and ireland teams but got royally rumped by england. it doesnt mean you have the best players. Would agree the scots representation is low though.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 am
Junior Player

but we are not playing a game last season,its now and to be honest wales are poor,scotland had lots of injurys,and we dont have the depth of the other home nations but our top team is better than wales and we humped yous, these are facts,not this player for wales can play better but just didnt on that day or the week after,but hes going with the lions because he played well a few years ago

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:11 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next