It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next
Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017 
Club Player

Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
I feel sorry for the Scots but they really are throwing a massive tantrum about this.
Proportional representation does not apply to Lions selections.
It's first past the post.
If you have four Welshmen rated at 8 out of 10 and 4 Scots rated at 7 out of 10, you pick the 4 Welshmen.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

pythagoras wrote:
I feel sorry for the Scots but they really are throwing a massive tantrum about this.
If you have four Welshmen rated at 8 out of 10 and 4 Scots rated at 7 out of 10, you pick the 4 Welshmen.

Those who throw tantrums are just negative energy and best ignored. We are where we are and our fortunes are ahead.

Best we all get behind the squad and learn all about them.

What I have always felt best about the Lion's tours is that you get the chance to appreciate opponents from your own side's perspective for once and it is thoroughly illuminating.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
pythagoras wrote:

Those who throw tantrums are just negative energy and best ignored. We are where we are and our fortunes are ahead.

Best we all get behind the squad and learn all about them.

What I have always felt best about the Lion's tours is that you get the chance to appreciate opponents from your own side's perspective for once and it is thoroughly illuminating.

That's true, I'd never really analysed it. It does feel a bit weird having players like Owen Farrell on 'my team' when I'm normally shouting curses at him!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

pythagoras wrote:
[

That's true, I'd never really analysed it. It does feel a bit weird having players like Owen Farrell on 'my team' when I'm normally shouting curses at him!

It is so special when you find yourself off your seat cheering the guy who was your nightmare heading for the line.

Brilliant defence standing up in mud says it all.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Troron wrote:
even against the Irish the final 10 minutes was all England

England had a lineout on their own 5m line and spent most of final 10 min passing from side to side inside their own half. So I guess that's all England all right. :thefinger:

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:44 am
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

breaking news ,warren gatland has been asked to pick the british davis cup team, andy and jamie murray have been left out of the team,,,,,, because he spotted a couple of great tennis players at llandudno tennis courts

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bazzmo wrote:
breaking news ,warren gatland has been asked to pick the british davis cup team, andy and jamie murray have been left out of the team,,,,,, because he spotted a couple of great tennis players at llandudno tennis courts

Jees!

I hope your 2 to the 6th is better.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:16 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I think our bazzmo is a frustrated Partick Thistle supporter.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:04 am
World XV Player

There is no doubt there is a bias to Welsh and possibly even kiwi selections, it may be small, but he knows and trusts these guys..
The last thing you want is an Ashton (was that him) like behaviours as Henry encountered.

The Hartleys and the English fullback like peeps look a little sus to me. Hartley and the kiwi connection may have come together, but he has left out some of these tricky players, Manu injured included.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:28 am
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

close keith warriors and edinburgh ,but clydebank at football,but prefer rugby

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

http://www.viagogo.com/nz/Sports-Ticket ... KgodA5AMtQ
Maybe some tickets left here on this site Have a try
The prices you have quoted for cost of things seems way too high.. you need to link up with locals and pay local prices not scalpers.
Yes things will go up because eg there is a shortage of accommodation Try Air BNB or go to facebook lions tour accommodation and you will pay a fraction of the prices quoted on this site.
If you come to wellington know of a villa with own private floor that would cost $750-900 for two or three people for a week and I can certainly put up a couple for less than that Both places very well sited for the rugby
As for food a glass of wine should be around $8 a meal can be easily had for $20...So advice would be to link with the locals and avoid the tourist traps and scalpers

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
There is no doubt there is a bias to Welsh and possibly even kiwi selections, it may be small, but he knows and trusts these guys..
The last thing you want is an Ashton (was that him) like behaviours as Henry encountered.

The Hartleys and the English fullback like peeps look a little sus to me. Hartley and the kiwi connection may have come together, but he has left out some of these tricky players, Manu injured included.

Can we stop this nonsense of bias and move on?

What is done is done.

Pick over past failures on the RFU Board.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:37 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Can we stop this nonsense of bias and move on?
What is done is done.
Pick over past failures on the RFU Board.

Gatland has his favourites, we in Cymru know that more than anyone.
He is also inflexible regarding tactics, we in Cymru know that more than anyone.
It shouldn't be surprising if he's picked a squad that includes his favourites and excludes potential dissenting types.

Given that Gatland's fans keep saying that Cymru hasn't got the players so he has to make lemonade with lemons. It will be interesting to see what sort of beverage he makes now he's got the pick of the whole fruit bowl.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

EOG? if you are 'We in Cymru' then I out you

You speak for no one.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I think there is little question Wales is over-represented in the squad and I think the Scots are under-represented. Many of the Welsh have done little to justify their selection in the last year or two and I think we can all predict the way the teams will play. Gatland has almost done a Woodward here.

3-0 to NZ.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next