It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:51 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next
Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017 
Author Message
Club Player

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 pm
Posts: 231
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
I feel sorry for the Scots but they really are throwing a massive tantrum about this.
Proportional representation does not apply to Lions selections.
It's first past the post.
If you have four Welshmen rated at 8 out of 10 and 4 Scots rated at 7 out of 10, you pick the 4 Welshmen.


Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 4940
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
pythagoras wrote:
I feel sorry for the Scots but they really are throwing a massive tantrum about this.
Proportional representation does not apply to Lions selections.
It's first past the post.
If you have four Welshmen rated at 8 out of 10 and 4 Scots rated at 7 out of 10, you pick the 4 Welshmen.



Those who throw tantrums are just negative energy and best ignored. We are where we are and our fortunes are ahead.

Best we all get behind the squad and learn all about them.

What I have always felt best about the Lion's tours is that you get the chance to appreciate opponents from your own side's perspective for once and it is thoroughly illuminating.


Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 pm
Posts: 231
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
I feel sorry for the Scots but they really are throwing a massive tantrum about this.
Proportional representation does not apply to Lions selections.
It's first past the post.
If you have four Welshmen rated at 8 out of 10 and 4 Scots rated at 7 out of 10, you pick the 4 Welshmen.



Those who throw tantrums are just negative energy and best ignored. We are where we are and our fortunes are ahead.

Best we all get behind the squad and learn all about them.

What I have always felt best about the Lion's tours is that you get the chance to appreciate opponents from your own side's perspective for once and it is thoroughly illuminating.


That's true, I'd never really analysed it. It does feel a bit weird having players like Owen Farrell on 'my team' when I'm normally shouting curses at him!


Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 4940
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
pythagoras wrote:
[

That's true, I'd never really analysed it. It does feel a bit weird having players like Owen Farrell on 'my team' when I'm normally shouting curses at him!


It is so special when you find yourself off your seat cheering the guy who was your nightmare heading for the line.

Brilliant defence standing up in mud says it all.


Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 pm
Posts: 231
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
Troron wrote:
even against the Irish the final 10 minutes was all England

England had a lineout on their own 5m line and spent most of final 10 min passing from side to side inside their own half. So I guess that's all England all right. :thefinger:


Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:44 am
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 am
Posts: 75
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
breaking news ,warren gatland has been asked to pick the british davis cup team, andy and jamie murray have been left out of the team,,,,,, because he spotted a couple of great tennis players at llandudno tennis courts


Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 4940
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
bazzmo wrote:
breaking news ,warren gatland has been asked to pick the british davis cup team, andy and jamie murray have been left out of the team,,,,,, because he spotted a couple of great tennis players at llandudno tennis courts



Jees!

I hope your 2 to the 6th is better.


Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:16 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 30763
Location: Somewhere nice
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
I think our bazzmo is a frustrated Partick Thistle supporter.


Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:04 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 3094
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
There is no doubt there is a bias to Welsh and possibly even kiwi selections, it may be small, but he knows and trusts these guys..
The last thing you want is an Ashton (was that him) like behaviours as Henry encountered.

The Hartleys and the English fullback like peeps look a little sus to me. Hartley and the kiwi connection may have come together, but he has left out some of these tricky players, Manu injured included.

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:28 am
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 am
Posts: 75
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
close keith warriors and edinburgh ,but clydebank at football,but prefer rugby


Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:16 am
Posts: 232
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
http://www.viagogo.com/nz/Sports-Ticket ... KgodA5AMtQ
Maybe some tickets left here on this site Have a try
The prices you have quoted for cost of things seems way too high.. you need to link up with locals and pay local prices not scalpers.
Yes things will go up because eg there is a shortage of accommodation Try Air BNB or go to facebook lions tour accommodation and you will pay a fraction of the prices quoted on this site.
If you come to wellington know of a villa with own private floor that would cost $750-900 for two or three people for a week and I can certainly put up a couple for less than that Both places very well sited for the rugby
As for food a glass of wine should be around $8 a meal can be easily had for $20...So advice would be to link with the locals and avoid the tourist traps and scalpers


Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 4940
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
Forrealz wrote:
There is no doubt there is a bias to Welsh and possibly even kiwi selections, it may be small, but he knows and trusts these guys..
The last thing you want is an Ashton (was that him) like behaviours as Henry encountered.

The Hartleys and the English fullback like peeps look a little sus to me. Hartley and the kiwi connection may have come together, but he has left out some of these tricky players, Manu injured included.



Can we stop this nonsense of bias and move on?

What is done is done.

Pick over past failures on the RFU Board.


Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:37 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 949
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
There is no doubt there is a bias to Welsh and possibly even kiwi selections, it may be small, but he knows and trusts these guys..
The last thing you want is an Ashton (was that him) like behaviours as Henry encountered.

The Hartleys and the English fullback like peeps look a little sus to me. Hartley and the kiwi connection may have come together, but he has left out some of these tricky players, Manu injured included.

Can we stop this nonsense of bias and move on?
What is done is done.
Pick over past failures on the RFU Board.


Gatland has his favourites, we in Cymru know that more than anyone.
He is also inflexible regarding tactics, we in Cymru know that more than anyone.
It shouldn't be surprising if he's picked a squad that includes his favourites and excludes potential dissenting types.

Given that Gatland's fans keep saying that Cymru hasn't got the players so he has to make lemonade with lemons. It will be interesting to see what sort of beverage he makes now he's got the pick of the whole fruit bowl.


Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 4940
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
EOG? if you are 'We in Cymru' then I out you

You speak for no one.


Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 3098
Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
I think there is little question Wales is over-represented in the squad and I think the Scots are under-represented. Many of the Welsh have done little to justify their selection in the last year or two and I think we can all predict the way the teams will play. Gatland has almost done a Woodward here.

3-0 to NZ.


Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: