It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 27  Next
Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017 
Junior Player

Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
exile mibbie ye kin be a englishman with alot o effort,talk like them walk like them,they might even rub yer belly,i will always be a scot

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bazzmo wrote:
exile mibbie ye kin be a englishman with alot o effort,talk like them walk like them,they might even rub yer belly,i will always be a scot

Thank God for that, and I hope you get independence too :thumbup:

Spinny, is this you? :twisted: :P :D

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:04 am
World XV Player

bazzmo wrote:

:thumbright:
I like it! Nothing like a bit of shit stirring amoungst you lot! Don't give in! :brave:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:38 am
World XV Player

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:35 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Scots now want unfair play.

Quote:
Every Lions squad that has ever appeared ever since 1987 hasn't contained enough Scottish stars.

Leader of the Scottish National Party

The Lady has complain bitterly about the Houses of Parliament as well.

She isn't a member of parliament, you understand, she's merely a moaner.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:46 am
International Player

Bouch wrote:
The Scots now want unfair play.

Quote:
Every Lions squad that has ever appeared ever since 1987 hasn't contained enough Scottish stars.

Leader of the Scottish National Party

The Lady has complain bitterly about the Houses of Parliament as well.

She isn't a member of parliament, you understand, she's merely a moaner.

I couldn't find anything online about her saying anything about the Lions. Perhaps you got confused when reading Delme Parfitt's piece in the Western Fail.
"Had it not been for the distraction of an unexpectedly called general election, you wouldn’t have been overly surprised had Nicola Sturgeon made a Holyrood statement calling for Scottish independence from the British and Irish Lions ".

I guess your post is an example of Fake News of a particularly British nationalist slant.
Mind you the SNP might use it in their election campaign in the Borders, might give another reason for Tory farmers p1ssed off with Brexit to vote for the SNP.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bazzmo wrote:
a team ranked 5th in the world gets 2 players going with the lions a team ranked 8th gets 12,you can dress it up anyway you want its wrong

Depends on whether you take a cold hard look at it.

Yes - I agree that Wales is over represented.

However, the rankings are only a guide. Secondly, the championship this year was closer than many would like to think... ifs and buts I know but if JD hadn't kicked that kick and if we hadn't given away so many scrums against France we would have won that game.

Do I think Wales necessarily deserved to beat England and France? Probably not, but these games were so close that one single decision in 80 minutes (or 100 minutes), saw us possibly going from title contenders to 5th spot and missing out on a top four seed.

I completely accept that Scotland outplayed Wales on the day but then we completely outshone Ireland... who in turn beat England who in turn completely smashed Scotland. Italy in turn had a good first half run against England.

So taking a step back. I would argue that Wales and Scotlands fortunes this six nations were largely about coaching. Scotland played better than you wpuld expect given their players, Wales worse. I don't wish to sound argumentative but there are no Scottish player that aren't in the squad that deserve it more than those already picked. Gray for example is probably Charteris and Launchbury who have also missed out.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

[quote="Cymru am byth]
....So taking a step back. I would argue that Wales and Scotlands fortunes this six nations were largely about coaching. Scotland played better than you wpuld expect given their players, Wales worse......[/quote]

So who is it that's coaching the Lions this time :thumbup:

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
[

I was looking at the quote and thinking - crickey what lot of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. Then realised it was my quote!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:16 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

I'm just going to add this.
When was the last time any Scots went on a 3 test tour of NZ?
Perhaps their moaning supporters should think about that.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Meddling District Man Returns wrote:
I'm just going to add this.
When was the last time any Scots went on a 3 test tour of NZ?
Perhaps their moaning supporters should think about that.

They wouldn't pay for the fares.. ;) :P

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:53 pm
Schools District Player

Prys#1 wrote:
bazzmo wrote:
yes we had a terrible game against england,they were good we were shite,we pumped wales and beat ireland and humped italy,who have wales humped lately,we beat japan twice away ,yous nearly got beat at home against them,we beat argentina and got beat by a point against australia,yet yous think its ok 12 welsh 2 scots,get a grip

You really didn't 'pump' Wales :D

Wales were on top for the first 40 but struggled to put points on the board (common theme tbf). Second half Scotland played a blinder and Wales capitulated

There are a few players that possibly deserve to go and I'm sure they were in the discussion, the trouble is those players were in positions where there's a load of depth and quality players.

Looking at the stats. England were favourites to win. England looked rather puffed out mid first half.
If we had buired that kick into touch they would not have scored that sucker try which won them the game.
I think from that point onwards our path in the six nations was thrown off balance.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

eog wrote:
[

Scotland have some great players and great play, but in terms of season by season consistency of perfomance they blow hot and cold.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

TrueGrit wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
bazzmo wrote:
yes we had a terrible game against england,they were good we were shite,we pumped wales and beat ireland and humped italy,who have wales humped lately,we beat japan twice away ,yous nearly got beat at home against them,we beat argentina and got beat by a point against australia,yet yous think its ok 12 welsh 2 scots,get a grip

You really didn't 'pump' Wales :D

Wales were on top for the first 40 but struggled to put points on the board (common theme tbf). Second half Scotland played a blinder and Wales capitulated

There are a few players that possibly deserve to go and I'm sure they were in the discussion, the trouble is those players were in positions where there's a load of depth and quality players.

Looking at the stats. England were favourites to win. England looked rather puffed out mid first half.
If we had buired that kick into touch they would not have scored that sucker try which won them the game.
I think from that point onwards our path in the six nations was thrown off balance.

Yet another "we would have won if this and that". The stats say it was a close game with England making more meters and England were far from puffed out, if anything England have finished every game stronger than their opponents, even against the Irish the final 10 minutes was all England. England were piling on the pressure against Wales in the final 15 and what's more surprising is that the try didn't come sooner. Twice we were right up to your try line and lost the ball (on a stupid pass by Youngs, the other an illegal turnover by Williams). If you're going to play the if and but game, IF Youngs hadn't thrown the stupid intercept England would have scored and would have won anyway. That hypothetical scenario is every bit as credible as what you present.

Also if your 6N is over from 1 tight loss then that's a sign of mental fragility and your own fault, Wales have lost more games when they have been ahead going into the last quarter than any other team on the planet.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

'ark at her

Can we have a travel ban on Americans until the government can work out what the hell is happening

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 27  Next