It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017 
Schools District Player

Post Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
Can anyone give some advice on touring with The Lions in 2017. I've contact many tour companies who are advertising such as Gulliver etc but only one has got back to me saying no info available yet which is not surprising.

How would we get tickets if not with a organised tour?

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:22 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Post Re: Lions Tour of New Zealand 2017
Buzby wrote:
Can anyone give some advice on touring with The Lions in 2017. I've contact many tour companies who are advertising such as Gulliver etc but only one has got back to me saying no info available yet which is not surprising.

How would we get tickets if not with a organised tour?

Join a rugby club here and then a second one in the Auckland Area.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:37 am
Schools District Player

Sounds too good to be true Bouch. I'm already a member of one in UK just up the road form you although I live abroad now. Thanks for the tip.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Schools District Player

For what it's worth we were planing to go with Gullivers but after using them to go the France v Wales match we're not going to use them.

'Twas a fairly poor show all round and we paid more than my other mates who booked it themselves and stayed for longer.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:13 pm
World XV Player

Buzby wrote:
Sounds too good to be true Bouch. I'm already a member of one in UK just up the road form you although I live abroad now. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah i dont think you can get tickets for the test matches by joining a rugby club.

I know some guys who did the last tour to NZ in a Camper Van/Winnebago and have said they would do the same again :dontknow:

I have dabbled with the idea of going, but there is no way i would pay Gullivers prices, i also know people who have cut the cost dramatically and run a successful trip themselves, the problem is ticket for the Test matches though. That problem is getting more and more difficult unless you go with a company who will empty your wallet.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch's idea is a good one.

Need an influential and large club - say Ponsonby, University/Grammar, maybe Auckland Rugby Union (become a new seasons ticket holder now - see if that gives any opportunities)

Call them and ask.

Call RU and or Lions HO.

Ring up the NZRU as well.

Maybe your own club , WRU?

Worst any of these joints can say is no.

Join and try online TradeMe in NZ when the tickets are issued.

Scalper tickets if they are not dodgy.

The touring players have tickets they sell for about double/triple face value etc a few days before - about same price as Gullivers!!
Senior tour management probably have a wad of tickets in their back pocket.
I've done that.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

cant wait, post McCaw and Carter, and a few others I hope

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Not only McCaw, Carter, Franks, Nonu, Smith, Mealamu, Piutau, et alia will be gone, but the ABs in 2017 may still be missing some like Barrett, SBW, Messan, possibly two Smiths, a Savea or two - pressed into Sevens service for the 2016 Olympics and may be feeling the need to discuss their return with the NZ Sevens' invisible friend.

A tired, depleted, bedraggled and sad AB mob then to face the might of a full Welsh 2016 advance touring party then followed up with the full shock & awe assault by the 2017 B&I Lions.

It does not look ideal.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Goann wrote:
Not only McCaw, Carter, Franks, Nonu, Smith, Mealamu, Piutau, et alia will be gone, but the ABs in 2017 may still be missing some like Barrett, SBW, Messan, possibly two Smiths, a Savea or two - pressed into Sevens service for the 2016 Olympics and may be feeling the need to discuss their return with the NZ Sevens' invisible friend.

A tired, depleted, bedraggled and sad AB mob then to face the might of a full Welsh 2016 advance touring party then followed up with the full shock & awe assault by the 2017 B&I Lions.

It does not look ideal.

Group Hug for Goann!!

Squeeze!!

Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:43 am
World XV Player

Easy beats the 2017 AB team

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:17 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

No - The Lions will still get done over.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Goann wrote:

It does not look ideal.

Mate, I'm the opposite, I think it looks fantastic!
Oldies move on and make way for the up and coming players. Some of our better, faster players will play 7's, but won't everyone be doing that? Be mad not to target such a monster event where rugby is in the world spotlight. Invisible things not included.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:46 pm
World XV Player

Was thinking of looking in to arranging a trip, other than with Gulliver's or the pre arranged expensive tours options.

Read this on one a forum while researching it a little, would you NZ boys consider this a fair reflection ?

We have just returned from NZ after going out for the England June test series. We also went to the 2011 WC.
We found the locals to be very friendly throughout NZ especially when they find out you are there to watch the rugby which is almost a religion there.

Drink is very expensive which seems strange as most of the beer tends to come from localised micro-breweries. You can bank on around at least £5 a pint and a bit more in some of the more trendy places. Food is also a bit more expensive at around £12 for say a pizza to £24 for a sirloin steak in a mid range restaurant. I suppose you could consider that everything is at London prices both in Auckland as well as the South Island.

The most expensive thing though will be hotels on match days. On non-match days rooms are reasonable even for UK standards and the best value is for serviced apartments. These are nice comfortable rooms with either 1 or 2 bedrooms and a kitchenette. As they are self catering there is no room service or suchlike but if you are just looking for a comfortable place to sleep then they are ideal. If you are paying say £60 to £80 a night non-matchdays then bank on paying at least 4 or 5 times this the night of the game!! This is every hotel not just the city centre places so be aware.

I hope that is of some help.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon May 04, 2015 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Don't buy into those prices - put NZ$ in place of GBP.

4/5 x bed price increase for match day? - no mate,

Fri May 08, 2015 3:42 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Goann wrote:
Don't buy into those prices - put NZ$ in place of GBP.

4/5 x bed price increase for match day? - no mate,

NZ is crazy expensive bro. 4/5x might be a bit ott but it'll still be expensive, if there is anything available.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Fri May 08, 2015 11:31 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next