It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:32 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Wales Team for France 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 3014
Post Re: Wales Team for France
Just LOL at all this slagging off of Biggar. He has his deficiencies, but he is highly competitive, great in defence, and has been crucial for both Wales and Ospreys in all sorts of sticky decisions.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6746
Post Re: Wales Team for France
najbritcol wrote:
Just LOL at all this slagging off of Biggar. He has his deficiencies, but he is highly competitive, great in defence, and has been crucial for both Wales and Ospreys in all sorts of sticky decisions.

I've not slagged off Biggar, I just feel that he is not suited to the open running rugby as forged by Scarlets and increasingly by Gats.
Even Anscombe was a bit slow in getting the game moving against Italy although he did show some signs of class.
Patchell is the one that really moves the goalposts. He is still a bit raw but I think he is the future. When he came on against Italy the backline sprung into life and had the Italians rattled.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13766
Post Re: Wales Team for France
BigRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Just LOL at all this slagging off of Biggar. He has his deficiencies, but he is highly competitive, great in defence, and has been crucial for both Wales and Ospreys in all sorts of sticky decisions.

I've not slagged off Biggar, I just feel that he is not suited to the open running rugby as forged by Scarlets and increasingly by Gats.
Even Anscombe was a bit slow in getting the game moving against Italy although he did show some signs of class.
Patchell is the one that really moves the goalposts. He is still a bit raw but I think he is the future. When he came on against Italy the backline sprung into life and had the Italians rattled.


What if Anscombe played for Scarlets?

;) ;)

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:36 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6746
Post Re: Wales Team for France
Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Just LOL at all this slagging off of Biggar. He has his deficiencies, but he is highly competitive, great in defence, and has been crucial for both Wales and Ospreys in all sorts of sticky decisions.

I've not slagged off Biggar, I just feel that he is not suited to the open running rugby as forged by Scarlets and increasingly by Gats.
Even Anscombe was a bit slow in getting the game moving against Italy although he did show some signs of class.
Patchell is the one that really moves the goalposts. He is still a bit raw but I think he is the future. When he came on against Italy the backline sprung into life and had the Italians rattled.


What if Anscombe played for Scarlets?

;) ;)

I think he would fit in well. If Biggar had to play for Scarlets for a season I think he would be able to adopt a more open running game. It is a coaching thing. Over the past 10 years or so, Ospreys and Wales have played a similar game and Biggar has been a common denominator.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:02 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 3615
Post Re: Wales Team for France
I have a sneaking suspicion Big Red is a supporter of the Scarlets


Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35563
Post Re: Wales Team for France
Remember the old John West Salmon adverts.....

It's the players that the Scarlets reject that make Scarlets rugby the best.

Just tickling. :D

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:14 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6746
Post Re: Wales Team for France
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
I have a sneaking suspicion Big Red is a supporter of the Scarlets

What makes you think that. :D


Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 7257
Post Re: Wales Team for France
BigRed wrote:
welshy34 wrote:
Everyone seems to be forgetting Moriarty - is he injured ?
Got to be an option at 6.

As far as I know, he is not injured and has also got to be an option.
However, if we are to play a fast open game then Shingler and Cubby have got to be there for starters.
Shingler and Cubby are just as quick, if not quicker, than most three quarters.
Shingler is also a bloody nuisance on the opposition throw in the lineouts and is himself a great lineout specialist.


Yes against France you will need a robust N0 6 like Moriarty, Shingler is no doubt an option in the line out but, around the park we will need muscle, I would go with Davies at 7with Navidi on the bench

_________________
The main problem in marriage is that, for a man, sex is a hunger, if he is hungry and cant get to a fancy French restaurant, he'll go to a burger bar


Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13766
Post Re: Wales Team for France
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
BigRed wrote:
welshy34 wrote:
Everyone seems to be forgetting Moriarty - is he injured ?
Got to be an option at 6.

As far as I know, he is not injured and has also got to be an option.
However, if we are to play a fast open game then Shingler and Cubby have got to be there for starters.
Shingler and Cubby are just as quick, if not quicker, than most three quarters.
Shingler is also a bloody nuisance on the opposition throw in the lineouts and is himself a great lineout specialist.


Yes against France you will need a robust N0 6 like Moriarty, Shingler is no doubt an option in the line out but, around the park we will need muscle, I would go with Davies at 7with Navidi on the bench


Camara the french 6 had a v good game against Eng in general play. He is normally excellent in lineout too although had some errors in that respect. He is versatile and strong. The 8 is new and although progressive Faletau should cause them lots of problems. Lauret at 7 is tackler and forager ....not a top class 7 though.

The french front 5 are strong and punchy it is there, imo, that the battle will be won and lost. Guirado's presence, as previously mentioned, a big effect on the french drive.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:29 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 62183
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Wales Team for France
I still believe if we retain possession and run their pack around, we will fare better than hoofing it down the field endlessly.

I expect the latter however.. :thumbdown:

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:36 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 3014
Post Re: Wales Team for France
Langland Exile wrote:
I still believe if we retain possession and run their pack around, we will fare better than hoofing it down the field endlessly.

I expect the latter however.. :thumbdown:


That's the point though - it depends who is playing. With Patchell and a relatively decent pack starting, it should be more of an attacking, running game.


Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:40 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 7257
Post Re: Wales Team for France
Tony Panties wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
BigRed wrote:
welshy34 wrote:
Everyone seems to be forgetting Moriarty - is he injured ?
Got to be an option at 6.

As far as I know, he is not injured and has also got to be an option.
However, if we are to play a fast open game then Shingler and Cubby have got to be there for starters.
Shingler and Cubby are just as quick, if not quicker, than most three quarters.
Shingler is also a bloody nuisance on the opposition throw in the lineouts and is himself a great lineout specialist.


Yes against France you will need a robust N0 6 like Moriarty, Shingler is no doubt an option in the line out but, around the park we will need muscle, I would go with Davies at 7with Navidi on the bench


Camara the french 6 had a v good game against Eng in general play. He is normally excellent in lineout too although had some errors in that respect. He is versatile and strong. The 8 is new and although progressive Faletau should cause them lots of problems. Lauret at 7 is tackler and forager ....not a top class 7 though.

The french front 5 are strong and punchy it is there, imo, that the battle will be won and lost. Guirado's presence, as previously mentioned, a big effect on the french drive.


goes without saying the French front 5 will have to be matched, I also agree the fremch 6 is very good too but if we match them up front I think we will need a strong BR to push back.

_________________
The main problem in marriage is that, for a man, sex is a hunger, if he is hungry and cant get to a fancy French restaurant, he'll go to a burger bar


Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 6746
Post Re: Wales Team for France
Our front five have not been bullied by any side in this years 6N and I believe they will stand toe to toe with France.
The game will be won and lost at the breakdown and which team makes the best use of the turnover ball.


Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11963
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Wales Team for France
BigRed wrote:
Our front five have not been bullied by any side in this years 6N and I believe they will stand toe to toe with France.
The game will be won and lost at the breakdown and which team makes the best use of the turnover ball.



:) Welsh pack have had no teeth in the tight, Ireland demolished us around the fringes due to our lack of physicality and if we pick the same front five as we played against Italy, they would chew us up and spit us out. We have beaten Italy and Scotland at home the two real tests we failed.

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13766
Post Re: Wales Team for France
BigRed wrote:
Our front five have not been bullied by any side in this years 6N and I believe they will stand toe to toe with France.
The game will be won and lost at the breakdown and which team makes the best use of the turnover ball.


A big if is if Fra pick Slimani at tight head ...

He has been a refs fav after being 'cited' by World Rugby ref Rolland.

Peyper didn't like him either v Eng.

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:15 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buglet and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: