It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:17 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
team to play ireland 
World XV Player

Post Re: team to play ireland
Bouch wrote:
Do you think that the Wales side will be stronger now that they've had some game time?

Hmmmmm.

Yep! But that also applies to the opponents. Unfortunately! :D

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

I think the point J Guscott made about our forwards being able to run and pass is the most important change we have made. The old 'stars' gave little indication that they could (or maybe were allowed) to play this way. Having 15 players who can run and pass stretches opponents very which way in a way that opens up possibilities every which way.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

All players are fit (including Biggar and Faletau)! https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-14309946

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

This is going to be Gatland's most interesting selection in his ten years.
I think a lot will depend on where he sees Ireland's strengths and weaknesses.
I think Steff may be one of the casualties simply because North, Liam and Amos are probably ahead of him.
I can't see any change in the centres unless Gats sees North as a centre in place of Scott.
Ha'penny is needed because of his goal kicking, so the 15 position is probably not in question.
As regards the 10, it's anyone's guess, but I think he will stick with Patchell relegating Anscombe to the bench.
Biggar to be released to Ospreys to get a game under his belt.
Scrumhalves no change starting or bench.
I can only see one change in the forwards, probably only Faletau coming in for Moriarty.
This selection is probably what we will see, with not more than one or two changes.
15 Leigh Halfpenny, FB 
14 Hallam Amos or Josh Adams, W
13 Scott Williams Or North, C
12 Hadleigh Parkes, C
11 Liam Williams, W
10 Rhys Patchell, FH 
9 Gareth Davies, SH
1 Rob Evans, P
2 Ken Owens, H
3 Samson Lee, P
4 Cory Hill, L
5 Alun Wyn Jones, L
6 Aaron Shingler, F
7 Josh Navidi, F
8 Toby Faletau, N8
Replacements
16 Elliot Dee, R
17 Wyn Jones, R
18 Tomas Francis, R
19 Bradley Davies, R
20 Ross Moriarty, R
21 Aled Davies, R
22 Scott Williams, R
23 Steff Evans, R

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Yes indeed, Gatland has some tough decisions to make, mostly on the wings, does he drop one or both guys who have come in and done well, have performed and done nothing wrong? Adams and Evans for North and Williams? These are the two big selection conundrums. Its a good position to be in really, but hard on the player or players that may lose out.

The other main decision is number 10, Patchell or Anscombe? I don't even see Biggar coming into it, Biggar does not get the backline going like Patchell and Anscombe have, so I doubt Gatland will pick him, especially with his recent inactivity due to injury.

I see the rest of the team remaining the same, I can't see Faletau coming straight back in, bench maybe, even then I'd want him to get some game time.

If we play well and take our chances we win this game.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Yes indeed, Gatland has some tough decisions to make, mostly on the wings, does he drop one or both guys who have come in and done well, have performed and done nothing wrong? Adams and Evans for North and Williams? These are the two big selection conundrums. Its a good position to be in really, but hard on the player or players that may lose out.

The other main decision is number 10, Patchell or Anscombe? I don't even see Biggar coming into it, Biggar does not get the backline going like Patchell and Anscombe have, so I doubt Gatland will pick him, especially with his recent inactivity due to injury.

I see the rest of the team remaining the same, I can't see Faletau coming straight back in, bench maybe, even then I'd want him to get some game time.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:33 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:

Halfpenny will be in for his kicking if nothing else, though his positional play would have prevented Englands first try, or at least he would have told Adams to stay out wide! I also think Liam will be in at the expense of Adams. Fly half is an interesting one as Biggar is better than most are giving him credit for, there is no one better in the NH at gathering the high ball!

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:36 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
Keith L wrote:

Halfpenny will be in for his kicking if nothing else, though his positional play would have prevented Englands first try, or at least he would have told Adams to stay out wide! I also think Liam will be in at the expense of Adams. Fly half is an interesting one as Biggar is better than most are giving him credit for, there is no one better in the NH at gathering the high ball!

Aye. I'd forgotten about the high ball and it is Ireland. Dan Biggar to start then. :D

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:44 pm
World XV Player

I thought that Falatau has already had a game since his injury. Just checked to see he hasn't so then Moriarty to start, no change at 8 from the England game. But, we do not know how he has gone in training. However, Gats is always keen on players having at least one game under their belt before playing them.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

I didn't want Halfpenny in the team before the Scotland game, but his goal kicking was back to its brilliant best and he played very well, so he's a huge advantage to us against Ireland.
I'm OK with the team that started against Scotland to go again, won't really mind if Liam Williams or North, or even both come in against Ireland, I'll just disappointed for Adams and Evans, if that happens.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I'm on tenterhooks now, to see if Gatland will put Amos straight back in! If he is, I don't know about the rest of you, but I shall be darting over to Neath Tesco! (Frozen food aisle if anyone missed Blindsides subliminal message!! :D )

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:53 pm
Mini Player

Just to represent the Irish side, here's the team I reckon will be picked to face Wales:

15. Kearney
14. Earls
13. Farrell
12. Aki
11. Stockdale
10. Sexton
9. Murray
8. Stander
7. Leavy
6. O'Mahony
5. Toner
4. Henderson
3. Furlong
2. Best
1. Healy

Bench: Mcgrath, Cronin, John Ryan, James Ryan, Murphy, Marmion, Carberry, McFadden.

Not too fond of our back row at the moment. I feel O'Mahony and Stander are living off their reputations this season. We are really missing the likes of O'Brien, Van der Flier, Ruddock and Heaslip.

Chris Farrell is an interesting centre. 6'5" with soft hands. Set up a gorgeous try against Argentina with his quick hands so maybe not the traditional huge centre.

Should be a cracking game but I think we owe you guys a good hiding at home after the past few years :D

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:33 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Otto wrote:
I'm on tenterhooks now, to see if Gatland will put Amos straight back in! If he is, I don't know about the rest of you, but I shall be darting over to Neath Tesco! (Frozen food aisle if anyone missed Blindsides subliminal message!! :D )

Amos could well be at least on the bench if Liam & North start on the wings.
Amos covers wing and FB, this is where he will have the drop on Steff unless North starts at centre, which is what could be one of Gatland's surprise selection conundrums. It is in Gatland's nature to spring surprises.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 am
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

BigRed wrote:
Otto wrote:

Amos covers wing and FB, this is where he will have the drop on Steff unless North starts at centre, which is what could be one of Gatland's surprise selection conundrums. It is in Gatland's nature to spring surprises.

What does Blindside have to do if Amos makes the bench? I recall there was talk of posting nude photographs which, unfortunately, will be of himself.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 am
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
BigRed wrote:
Otto wrote:

What does Blindside have to do if Amos makes the bench? I recall there was talk of posting nude photographs which, unfortunately, will be of himself.

What has BS got to do with Amos?
Hallam is a big strong fast robust player with a good rugby brain.
Only just turned 23 and can only improve with more experience.
What I like about him is that he plays what's in front of him rather than going through the motions of a 'game plan'.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:14 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next