It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Josh Adams 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11646
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Josh Adams
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
I like the idea that we have this untapped stream of top class talent playing in the wonderful Aviva. My logic is that they if they can play well in the Aviva then they must be better than what we have already and the next World Cup is in the bag.

Tomas Francis is a good example of that as he was dynamite filling in for Samson in 2015, especially after running out corbisiero domestically that year



Olly Khon and Will James for example :)

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 225
Post Re: Josh Adams
Wales must have at least one wing who is the fastest on the field; as speed is the only ingredient that will enable us to score tries. Forget their defence credentials; any short fallings in that area will have to be taken care of with the defence tactics.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11646
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Josh Adams
JOHNWALES wrote:
Wales must have at least one wing who is the fastest on the field; as speed is the only ingredient that will enable us to score tries. Forget their defence credentials; any short fallings in that area will have to be taken care of with the defence tactics.



That's complete nonsense on so many levels :crazy: :D

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 225
Post Re: Josh Adams
* Blind * i.m.o. very appropriate !!!


Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11646
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Josh Adams
JOHNWALES wrote:
* Blind * i.m.o. very appropriate !!!


Which part makes any sense. You make 3 points...... Wales must have the fastest winger on the field,where? who? and what field ? Compared to who and what? :crazy: ..... The only thing that matters is speed for a winger :shifty: Thirdly that a defensively inept winger can be covered by a system, that does not expose that system to break down against top sides :think: :roll:

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:21 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 225
Post Re: Josh Adams
Can you put that in English please Blindside ?
Basically I have seen too many Welsh backs caught from behind when they are breaking for the line, and that includes Halfpenny and Cuthbert. We need to develop a 7's culture where a specialist speed man is used to score tries. The injured Giles and Josh Adams are ideal candidates for this roll, just like Gerald Davies and Shane Williams were in years gone by.

Multi phase rugby which extends well into double figures is stamina draining and results in many replacements through exhaustion. The very basic art of pace is the best ingredient for winning games.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 6843
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Josh Adams
Did you ever see Gerald Davies play? He was superb in defence.

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am
Posts: 11646
Location: Neath Valley
Post Re: Josh Adams
JOHNWALES wrote:
Can you put that in English please Blindside ?
Basically I have seen too many Welsh backs caught from behind when they are breaking for the line, and that includes Halfpenny and Cuthbert. We need to develop a 7's culture where a specialist speed man is used to score tries. The injured Giles and Josh Adams are ideal candidates for this roll, just like Gerald Davies and Shane Williams were in years gone by.

Multi phase rugby which extends well into double figures is stamina draining and results in many replacements through exhaustion. The very basic art of pace is the best ingredient for winning games.



If developing a "sevens culture" won 15 a side games Fiji would be a force in World Rugby.

Your idea is to get the fastest man in Wales put him on the wing and then create a situation where he is passed the ball in space with no one in front of him and leave him go like a greyhound out of trap


Image

_________________
"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for


Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 225
Post Re: Josh Adams
Blindside wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:
Can you put that in English please Blindside ?
Basically I have seen too many Welsh backs caught from behind when they are breaking for the line, and that includes Halfpenny and Cuthbert. We need to develop a 7's culture where a specialist speed man is used to score tries. The injured Giles and Josh Adams are ideal candidates for this roll, just like Gerald Davies and Shane Williams were in years gone by.

Multi phase rugby which extends well into double figures is stamina draining and results in many replacements through exhaustion. The very basic art of pace is the best ingredient for winning games.



If developing a "sevens culture" won 15 a side games Fiji would be a force in World Rugby.

Your idea is to get the fastest man in Wales put him on the wing and then create a situation where he is passed the ball in space with no one in front of him and leave him go like a greyhound out of trap


Image




And what is wrong with that ?


Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:47 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 6843
Location: rhondda
Post Re: Josh Adams
Josh was made Aviva prem player of the month for December with 9 tries . Not too shabby that , well worth a look at by the Wales team management .

_________________
To be born Welsh is a privilege, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but a song in your heart and poetry in your soul.


Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5960
Post Re: Josh Adams
jimcardiff wrote:
Josh was made Aviva prem player of the month for December with 9 tries . Not too shabby that , well worth a look at by the Wales team management .

He should at least be in the squad to evaluate him, maybe a bench job for the Italians to see how he shapes up in the international arena.


Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:17 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 19024
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Josh Adams
JOHNWALES wrote:
Can you put that in English please Blindside ?
Basically I have seen too many Welsh backs caught from behind when they are breaking for the line, and that includes Halfpenny and Cuthbert. We need to develop a 7's culture where a specialist speed man is used to score tries. The injured Giles and Josh Adams are ideal candidates for this roll, just like Gerald Davies and Shane Williams were in years gone by.

Multi phase rugby which extends well into double figures is stamina draining and results in many replacements through exhaustion. The very basic art of pace is the best ingredient for winning games.

Shane wasn't especially fast, but he had incredible acceleration and the brains to know when to use it. Watch his try v Ireland in 2008, classic example.

_________________
I have no *fupping* idea what I'm talking about.


Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44745
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Josh Adams
spinbreath wrote:
Shane wasn't especially fast, but he had incredible acceleration and the brains to know when to use it. Watch his try v Ireland in 2008, classic example.



Over ten yards?

Over 20 yards?

Over 50 yards?

Length of the field?

Can you be a touch more precise?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWZHeTuFXRk

Here's one against Australia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZW6O5wxMxc

I know - any excuse....

:D


Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:54 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron