It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:12 am

Laidlaw replacement 9 
World XV Player

Post Re: Laidlaw replacement 9
Think laidlaw is a vastly underrated player. Not a natural athlete like some but is clever and good kicking game. Reminds me of a French scrum half and think he adds a quality option

Thu May 18, 2017 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Think laidlaw is a vastly underrated player. Not a natural athlete like some but is clever and good kicking game. Reminds me of a French scrum half and think he adds a quality option

Yeah Laidlaw makes the best of what he's got. He lacks that little bit of 'zing' which makes the difference between a good player and a properly good player (if you know what I mean). if you could combine his intelligence and game management with Webbs physical abilities, then you'd have a truly tremendous player. Webb has that bit of 'zing', just not the all round game to complement it.

I'd still have taken Laidlaw over Webb on the lions, but I still don't think either are in Youngs or Murrays class, in fact I'd have had Care over Webb

Thu May 18, 2017 11:32 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Regional Player

Perfect man to captain the Dirt trackers.Good leader, good kicker but very much a safety first 9.
Is capable of making breaks but usually takes so long at the base of the scrum to recycle ball any gaps are gone.
Much prefer a sniping 9 like Rhys Webb or Ali Price but Greeg is a 100%er and as previously said has made the most of what he has, worked tremendously hard and has improved with age.
Could be a valuable squad member but unless he has a very large bushell where he has been hiding his light not likely to challenge for the test team.

If the Lions want a decent THP then look no further than WP Nel who is in the Scotland squad in Australia. Praying that his neck injury is finally sorted. Also if you want decent utility back cover Duncan Taylor is back playing for Sarries. That said neither have had much rugby this season but both are reasonable candidates when the undoubted injuries start.

Fri May 19, 2017 4:46 pm
Profile E-mail