It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:33 am

Rugby Player Copper Tackles the Terrorists 
World XV Player

Post Rugby Player Copper Tackles the Terrorists
He's in serious condition. A page has been set up to send him over to see the Lions if he's able once out of hospital. Seems like a good rugby cause to me.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ruck-rugby

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:27 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Rugby Player Copper Tackles the Terrorists
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40149836
Quote:
An off-duty policeman, who was one of the first on the scene of the London Bridge terror attack, was stabbed after tackling one of the three attackers.
The officer - who is a rugby player - is in a critical condition after sustaining knife injuries.
Met Police commissioner Cressida Dick praised the "extraordinarily brave actions by officers on and off duty first on the scene" who "ran towards the danger".
A British Transport Police officer, who faced the attackers armed only with his baton, was seriously injured but is now in a stable condition. He has been with the force for only two years.
Chief Constable Paul Crowther from the BTP said the bravery he showed was "outstanding".

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:39 am
World XV Player

Aye, he's a Hero.

All the best, byti.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:53 am
World XV Player

Just talking to an American on another site. He says (paraphrased) that had it been America, some of the crowd would have had guns in their pocket and shot them before they hurt anyone.

My (somewhat terse) replay was they were more likely to have shot several more bystanders as well.

But does he have a point?

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:51 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

soap wrote:
Just talking to an American on another site. He says (paraphrased) that had it been America, some of the crowd would have had guns in their pocket and shot them before they hurt anyone.

My (somewhat terse) replay was they were more likely to have shot several more bystanders as well.

He he has a point... trouble is if they were in America these *fupping* headers would have had easy access to automatic weapons instead of kitchen knives.... you dont need to imagine what could have happened. I would have thought it obvious. Whats the website called, is it for normal people or only *fupp* shorts ?

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:59 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I reckon the UK way of handing it is better.

You don't see a lot of stories about "Texas man prevents terrorist attack because he was packing". Seems like the line they like to use, doesn't happen a lot in practice.

People tend to use anything they have at hand, something any man whose wife has ever thrown something at him can attest to. I don't want more angry people with guys.

This guy said it the best.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:02 pm
World XV Player

soap wrote:

As you say, the nutjobs would have had guns as well - an AK-47 would clear the area fairly quickly and 4 AK-47's would see hundreds of fatalities from the nutters' bullets and "friendly fire" from the enthusiastic amateurs' pop guns.

Nothing like a solid wall of people to increase the body count.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:52 am