It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Blues vrs Lions 
World XV Player

Post Re: Blues vrs Lions
The HAKA is revered in Wales.

We always respect fighters on a Saturday.

Especially when they're carrying sharp sticks.

:love4:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:40 am
World XV Player

Sorry bouch, my spelling and spell check, I meant, (not from a choir just some army boys in Lebanon.)

Sleeper would have liked that I hope

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Here's a Haka - and it's emotional.

Now that's RESPECT.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:50 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:

Now that's RESPECT.

Yep and that's a whole school, every white brown Asian and Muslim, nice way to see off there teacher, lotsa ABs from that school, Cruden?

Funny thing Dylan Harltleys School Rotorua Boys do the meanest haka.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Bouch wrote:

Now that's RESPECT.

Yep and that's a whole school, every white brown Asian and Muslim, nice way to see off there teacher, lotsa ABs from that school, Cruden?

Funny thing Dylan Harltleys School Rotorua Boys do the meanest haka.

All in together, that's what tradition is about.

:thumbup:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:20 pm
World XV Player

wombles wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
lol internet hard man wants to fight irl.

I'm not a hard man at all (far from it)! But in the same breath after 30+ years of rugby and also nearly 40 years of life I will always stand by my words whether written or spoken. I am just allowing a fellow rugby person the opportunity to verbalise their prose face to face rather than just online, quite a gentlemanly invite i thought.
:occasion5:

:bs:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:31 pm
World XV Player

wombles wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
This thread seems to be about inbred fighting rather than the reality of today.

This game was for the taking until Sexton kicked the ball into a leaden sky and later Mahler gave away the game loosing penalty in front of the posts.

It was just a bloody nightmare.

Fact is it should have been so different.

Why wasn't it?

Because we are all F'K'N Human!

now get off the players backs and let the tour continue.

Sexton was clearly following a well trodden and utilised Gats and welsh tactic! we have seen it before. To blame him is to ignore the coaches instructions that led to the act.

Marler, dumb act, i agree, deserved to be a penalty! He should of known better! But even as an Englishman I know what a doughnut he is! intelligence and thought is far beyond his capability.

The reason it was not different is exceptionally easy to understand, just look back at Welsh rugby for at least 6 years

Yeah man look at Wales. Dumping you out of your own world cup.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:32 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Bouch wrote:
That's the ticket, FMY.

Tell the Anglos to bugger off.

The Welsh, the Maori, New Zealanders and Tonga can sing. I haven't heard a Fijian or Samoan choir.

Anglo voices jar a bit. They need musical instruments to mask them.

Hey we're awful singers. No question that you lot are better. I just don't enjoy it at the games.

Doesn't mean you lot shouldn't do it though, it doesn't hurt me at all if you sing over the haka, through our anthem, and while we put 10 tries on your teams. I suppose it'd be easier to ignore if it was confined to 2 minutes at the start of a game, but the tradition says you can sing any time so I'm fine with that.

OK I am late on this .. what is going on? Cards on the table. I am from Rigel 6, part of an expeditionary corp. as it were. If I read right and interpret, you are saying that The Haka at the beginning is it, counter poised against the european's who sing all bloody day long? I must admit that this is a new insight and gives greater value to The Haka.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
What's wrong with you bloody lot today, quit the personal stuff and play nice.

says you simpering in a blue bikini .. what sort of that lesson is that for kids to learn?

Dress proppa you tart!

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
String wrote:
Warrenball works against a team you're physically superior to. Even if they're expecting it they cant stop it. That's why its great against lower level and tier 2 sides producing hammerings.
It doesn't work against teams you cant crush physically which obviously includes new zealand.

Gatlands game plan reminds me of Homer Simpson banging his head against the wall - if it hurts and doesn't work the first time, keep doing it on and on to see if it still hurts on the 30th attempt.

Hi String, our super teams are use to playing a very diverse range of styles.
SA not now but a couple few years ago, teams with Bakkes in etc would try and crush us physically, but couldn't. So the kiwi teams are use to big physical packs, and playing kiwi ball, and taking on the physical but running rugby too.
That may have been the easiest super game as well, so there will be no easy game unless the ABs are rested, even then teams like Hurricanes only really have 2 starting ABs, Beadine and Julien Savea.

String is 'special' ... depends on the meds ... he likes sitting in water.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:20 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
I think some guy posted here that he was bored with the haka and all the anthems. No problem with that at all. Go hard.

For me when the Welsh or English start singing their songs it's boring as hell. It's their thing though, so who am I to complain? Don't think I've ever mentioned it in a post here before though - it's pretty easy to walk away from the TV, or just not pay attention to the audio for a bit. Some people singing won't ruin a game for me.

But yeah like KW said, it's the constant sniping, it gets *fupping* old. Here we are 14 hours after the end of the game and Ice has to bring it up again. "But I was only joking" - ffs man why bother?

I got your 6 :occasion5:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:24 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21