It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Blues vrs Lions 
World XV Player

Post Re: Blues vrs Lions
wombles wrote:
As another example of my standpoint, I wrote this on the DW message board, some will say i am repeating myself, but i like to stand by what i say, please feel free to reply with good natured opinion and counter arguements, i enjoy the debate.

"I can remember not so long ago Welsh fans climbing over one another to praise Gats and the "Welsh" lions for their success. For me it was at that very moment the Lions stopped being the Lions, but a chance for a stronger nation to push the Lions success onto a specific country. Nationalities suddenly became important not the collective. Of course others may of had that view before me on previous tours, but for me individually this was the time I noticed.

I found it galling at the time, but also it was understandable. Wales were the form NH team, had slammed, had a group of players to be pleased with! They were correctly selected, made up the core of the team and brought success! So as much as i was disappointed with the single nation distinction I could also understand it. A coach picked on form, a team picked on form. A overall good approach.

Then this tour rolls around, is it a coach picked on form? no. Is it a squad picked on form? no. Is it now a homer coach with an out of date style of rugby picking his players over others and ignoring every scrap of evidence and form available to him? yes.

I really hope i am proved wrong! I really really hope i am proved to be a numpty with people saying what do you know about rugby, what crazy thoughts you had! what little rugby faith!....and if Gats and co turn it around and pull out a series win i will stand by every word i have written, yet similtaneously admit i was wrong!"
The first I can remember criticism of coaches picking favourites from their home country was Graham Henry picking too many Welsh boys when he was in charge. Strangely, he was alleged to have lost the Welsh dressing room for not picking enough Welsh players when it came to the tests. Strange world isn't it.

Next up was Woodward for picking too many English players and so it's been ever since.

I suspect it's the internet that's to blame for this as before the internet we all got on just fine - probably because we didn't talk to each other quite as much.

And stop winding 4MY up - he's had a bad day, someone on the internet was wrong about the Haka. :D

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:10 pm
World XV Player

Come on now. One of us here got all upset and demanded people stop talking because it was upsetting him.

I think that was you.

Wannabe mod syndrome or something I reckon.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:12 pm
Regional Player

ICEverything wrote:
wombles wrote:
As another example of my standpoint, I wrote this on the DW message board, some will say i am repeating myself, but i like to stand by what i say, please feel free to reply with good natured opinion and counter arguements, i enjoy the debate.

"I can remember not so long ago Welsh fans climbing over one another to praise Gats and the "Welsh" lions for their success. For me it was at that very moment the Lions stopped being the Lions, but a chance for a stronger nation to push the Lions success onto a specific country. Nationalities suddenly became important not the collective. Of course others may of had that view before me on previous tours, but for me individually this was the time I noticed.

I found it galling at the time, but also it was understandable. Wales were the form NH team, had slammed, had a group of players to be pleased with! They were correctly selected, made up the core of the team and brought success! So as much as i was disappointed with the single nation distinction I could also understand it. A coach picked on form, a team picked on form. A overall good approach.

Then this tour rolls around, is it a coach picked on form? no. Is it a squad picked on form? no. Is it now a homer coach with an out of date style of rugby picking his players over others and ignoring every scrap of evidence and form available to him? yes.

I really hope i am proved wrong! I really really hope i am proved to be a numpty with people saying what do you know about rugby, what crazy thoughts you had! what little rugby faith!....and if Gats and co turn it around and pull out a series win i will stand by every word i have written, yet similtaneously admit i was wrong!"
The first I can remember criticism of coaches picking favourites from their home country was Graham Henry picking too many Welsh boys when he was in charge. Strangely, he was alleged to have lost the Welsh dressing room for not picking enough Welsh players when it came to the tests. Strange world isn't it.

Next up was Woodward for picking too many English players and so it's been ever since.

I suspect it's the internet that's to blame for this as before the internet we all got on just fine - probably because we didn't talk to each other quite as much.

And stop winding 4MY up - he's had a bad day, someone on the internet was wrong about the Haka. :D

Never a truer statement said! :occasion5:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Come on now. One of us here got all upset and demanded people stop talking because it was upsetting him.

I think that was you.

Wannabe mod syndrome or something I reckon.

You haven't got a very sophisticated level of humour have you. :D

I will make my jokes less complicated in future. ;)

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 pm
World XV Player

In between crying about people talking about things you don't like I'm sure. You got all upset and had a wee sook because people were arguing.

"Dad, those men are yelling!"

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 pm
World XV Player

String wrote:
Warrenball works against a team you're physically superior to. Even if they're expecting it they cant stop it. That's why its great against lower level and tier 2 sides producing hammerings.
It doesn't work against teams you cant crush physically which obviously includes new zealand.

Gatlands game plan reminds me of Homer Simpson banging his head against the wall - if it hurts and doesn't work the first time, keep doing it on and on to see if it still hurts on the 30th attempt.

Hi String, our super teams are use to playing a very diverse range of styles.
SA not now but a couple few years ago, teams with Bakkes in etc would try and crush us physically, but couldn't. So the kiwi teams are use to big physical packs, and playing kiwi ball, and taking on the physical but running rugby too.
That may have been the easiest super game as well, so there will be no easy game unless the ABs are rested, even then teams like Hurricanes only really have 2 starting ABs, Beadine and Julien Savea.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
In between crying about people talking about things you don't like I'm sure. You got all upset and had a wee sook because people were arguing.

Actually I was interested in your debate but asked you to take it to a new thread as it was *fupping* up the match thread.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:58 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

Actually I was interested in your debate but asked you to take it to a new thread as it was *fupping* up the match thread.

I see, it's very difficult to just skim over a post on a thread. You had a wee cry because people weren't doing what you wanted. Happens all the time with you.

It had such an effect on you that you had to post about it again 12 hours later. You're very fragile. Wee little button.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:01 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

I see, it's very difficult to just skim over a post on a thread. You had a wee cry because people weren't doing what you wanted. Happens all the time with you.

It had such an effect on you that you had to post about it again 12 hours later. You're very fragile. Wee little button.

Like I said, my humour may have gone over your head. I was pointing out to Womble that the internet is to blame for most arguments that aren't real in real life and by way of example I came out with the old line 'someone on the internet was wrong'. I was actually reinforcing your view that your opponent was wrong!!!!!

Jesus, did I really have to explain that. :dontknow:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:06 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

Like I said, my humour may have gone over your head. I was pointing out to Womble that the internet is to blame for most arguments that aren't real n real life and by way of example I came out with the old line 'someone on the internet was wrong'. I was actually reinforcing your Jew that your opponent was wrong!!!!!

Of course not, but the issue was it was neither a laugh (anyone who found that a real kneeslapper must have a very low bar for humour), nor particularly informative. It just came across as a fella still a wee bit affected by the mean men arguing the earlier in the day.

We'd all left it alone, like the mod asked. Why not let sleeping dogs lie? Starting it up again does exactly what you were crying about earlier.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:14 am
World XV Player

The thing that's going to stuff up the threads are the fact that at least half the NZ franchises will do a haka, maybe all of them will. And after a decade or more of us being on here, Justic, Loosie and FMYs, we have this little bs snipes at the start. So one of us will defend it of course. Because from my experiences we can be 33 mins int the first half and someone is still going on about it. It's part of our culture, all first fifteens school teams do it. Jarod Payne, Te'o, any kiwi boy in the U.K. was brought up doing it. ( yep and you could say they not in UK now, but they are home in NZ and this is what we do) It's an occasion thing, when the flashest team around comes to play, boys want to do a haka to celebrate, acknowledge and stick out the chest too.
Your and our forefathers in NZ and the Islands, (U.K., Irish) started our journey with a haka, a fight and sometimes just a celebration.

If same thing happens next time, and FMYs ain't getting pissed off, I will or loosie will or the big guns of justic will, if it sounds like a rant and verging on racist remarks, we will be there with bells on.

But from experience, we will talk rugby to the cows come home too.

But to continue to go on and have a go about our haka, don't watch it, have a moan cause someone always does, but if it looks like more than that, one of us will be having a go back..

All good, Crusaders might not even do a haka for you, cause you guys unworthy lol, na, play the game boys :D and girls, and we will too.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I remember wen the Munster kiwi boys did a haka back against the ABs cool, and funny, the little Irish halfback was so proud, it was like *fupp* you we can do this too, and pride of his mates.
I rember how our 2nd string team found it really hard to win that day against a somewhat Munster b team. It happens to the best of us, you need to almost beat the Saders to get back on track.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:31 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I think some guy posted here that he was bored with the haka and all the anthems. No problem with that at all. Go hard.

For me when the Welsh or English start singing their songs it's boring as hell. It's their thing though, so who am I to complain? Don't think I've ever mentioned it in a post here before though - it's pretty easy to walk away from the TV, or just not pay attention to the audio for a bit. Some people singing won't ruin a game for me.

But yeah like KW said, it's the constant sniping, it gets *fupping* old. Here we are 14 hours after the end of the game and Ice has to bring it up again. "But I was only joking" - ffs man why bother?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:38 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

Like I said, my humour may have gone over your head. I was pointing out to Womble that the internet is to blame for most arguments that aren't real n real life and by way of example I came out with the old line 'someone on the internet was wrong'. I was actually reinforcing your Jew that your opponent was wrong!!!!!

Of course not, but the issue was it was neither a laugh (anyone who found that a real kneeslapper must have a very low bar for humour), nor particularly informative. It just came across as a fella still a wee bit affected by the mean men arguing the earlier in the day.

We'd all left it alone, like the mod asked. Why not let sleeping dogs lie? Starting it up again does exactly what you were crying about earlier.
So now you are the sole judge of what is or isn't funny or clever - now whose being a keyboard mod. ;)

I guess I'm just an useless twat - fair enough, nothing new there, but lighten up mate there's a whole bunch of opinions out there. 8)

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:50 am
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
The thing that's going to stuff up the threads are the fact that at least half the NZ franchises will do a haka, maybe all of them will. And after a decade or more of us being on here, Justic, Loosie and FMYs, we have this little bs snipes at the start. So one of us will defend it of course. Because from my experiences we can be 33 mins int the first half and someone is still going on about it. It's part of our culture, all first fifteens school teams do it. Jarod Payne, Te'o, any kiwi boy in the U.K. was brought up doing it. ( yep and you could say they not in UK now, but they are home in NZ and this is what we do) It's an occasion thing, when the flashest team around comes to play, boys want to do a haka to celebrate, acknowledge and stick out the chest too.
Your and our forefathers in NZ and the Islands, (U.K., Irish) started our journey with a haka, a fight and sometimes just a celebration.

If same thing happens next time, and FMYs ain't getting pissed off, I will or loosie will or the big guns of justic will, if it sounds like a rant and verging on racist remarks, we will be there with bells on.

But from experience, we will talk rugby to the cows come home too.

But to continue to go on and have a go about our haka, don't watch it, have a moan cause someone always does, but if it looks like more than that, one of us will be having a go back..

All good, Crusaders might not even do a haka for you, cause you guys unworthy lol, na, play the game boys :D and girls, and we will too.

I think one guy mentioned he was bored with the Haka that's all. Most of us appreciate it.

There's a great programme on sky sports at the moment called 'Behind the Black'. Has anyone seen it - All about NZ culture and the part rugby plays in it. Maybe non-Kiwis who post here should watch it before posting - this debate won't appear again.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:55 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next