It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 7:09 am

Arguing with the ref 
World XV Player

Post Arguing with the ref
Seems World Rugby have finally taken up the mantle on this one, with a conference today in London involving our Nige and a few others. It's something that seems to be happening more and more, and it doesn't look good. Some players seem to do a lot of it, and it'll be interesting to see what they come up with to deal with it. Following football on this is not the way to go, it needs stamping out.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Arguing with the ref
Llew wrote:
Seems World Rugby have finally taken up the mantle on this one, with a conference today in London involving our Nige and a few others. It's something that seems to be happening more and more, and it doesn't look good. Some players seem to do a lot of it, and it'll be interesting to see what they come up with to deal with it. Following football on this is not the way to go, it needs stamping out.

Maybe some posters can take a hint to :D

Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:37 pm
World XV Player

There is a very big difference to having a whinge on line than having a go on the pitch, just my opinion, but I will keep to it.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

jimcardiff wrote:
There is a very big difference to having a whinge on line than having a go on the pitch, just my opinion, but I will keep to it.

Of course there is ....missed the smiley? ;)

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:16 pm
Regional Player

Good, give them a yellow card, see if they feel like chopsing again after that. Its the biggest thing I hate about football, well that and the rolling around on the floor feigning injury, Bale is getting bad for this by the way, I blame Spain and Ronaldo for that.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:44 am
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

When I was a ref the answer was a penalty then on 10 yards (usually 15) and a further 10. The captain soon sorted the culprit out.
Any more then off!
Players soon got the message, believe me.
However, there was never a big problem because players respected the referee, unlike now.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

MULER wrote:
When I was a ref the answer was a penalty then on 10 yards (usually 15) and a further 10. The captain soon sorted the culprit out.
Any more then off!
Players soon got the message, believe me.
However, there was never a big problem because players respected the referee, unlike now.

They used to do this, why have they stopped? agree its a great way to shut them up.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

I love the way Nigel Owens is allowed to patronise grown men by talking to them like 3 year olds, but players aren't allowed to have their say on the pitch. Awful referee.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:47 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

bumble wrote:
I love the way Nigel Owens is allowed to patronise grown men by talking to them like 3 year olds, but players aren't allowed to have their say on the pitch. Awful referee.

They are allowed their say but have to do it through their captain, and quite often some players and their supporters, behave like 3 year olds

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Captains are at fault too ... always 'nibbling' ..Dally Ally was one and currently Palisse is top of any league.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:40 pm
World XV Player

In a recent Ponty game the ref reversed a pen for chopsin, daft to have a go after getting a penalty , still Neath are neef and always will be.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I only watch AB games these days and I think the refs at that level handle those situations well mostly ignoring them and getting on with the game.

Just my opinion but a heavy handed ref changes both the tone and the focus of a game.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:22 am
Schools District Player

bumble wrote:

Spot on.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

bumble wrote:

You can let it go now, you aren't getting the bites that you are clearly fishing for :thefinger:

Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:39 pm