It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:31 am

RL Player Dies - Cardiac Arrest 
World XV Player

Post RL Player Dies - Cardiac Arrest
Dunno really where to post this and I'm not sure the Other Sports Section is apt in this case, the link is pre the announcement:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/32575739

Keighley Cougars rugby league player Danny Jones has been taken to hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest during a League 1 game at London Skolars.

The match was abandoned in the 16th minute and Welsh international Jones, 29, is receiving treatment in hospital.

No matter how fit we are or how fit we feel ............. we don't really know what is going on inside us at any one time.

RIP feller.

Sun May 03, 2015 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: RL Player Dies - Cardiac Arrest
That's terrible.

RIP.

Shane Williams

Sun May 03, 2015 9:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Aye, things like this shouldn't happen , but they do :( Five month old twins left with a young mother. Terrible tragedy !

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun May 03, 2015 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Where was the defibrillator?

It is incumbent upon us all to work for the day when every sports field has a Defibrillator at hand.

Believe me they work!

My Wife and my Daughter both fell to sudden cardiac arrest as they ran.

Thank God we were but 200 yards from the ambulance station in my Wife's case and outside of The St John's in my daughters.

They have both internal devices now, and both have had necessary 'kisses' from them during a normal day.

I remember my Wife pissing around underwater doing all sorts of gymnastics ... doesn't usually get her hair wet either I was thinking. To be honest I got a bit niggled and put my arm under and dragged her up for being indulgent ... only to realise that she was bloody drowning and that I am as thick as shyte.

It took me two attempts to lift her onto the bank .. and then I beat shit outta of her chest etc. The life guards arrived and told me to leave it to them, which I did because the blue had gone to pink.

The run up the hill a few years later I didn't expect but the way she keeled over and hit the wall I just ran and pumped till I got there and did it all again ..only this time we had two ambulances and an under cover drugs squad who thought our panic sounded better :-)

The next few days were a blur, me sitting by the bedside and chatting and hoping .. and arguing with the consultants that now she didn't go blue this time. I was on her like a rocket.

I got phoned up by a nurse saying that Pauline was asking for me .. I ran like the clappers :-)

Which is why I am sitting here as she cuts the lawn.

My Daughter has just left the house in dugust, which is normal, because the phone rang whildst I was typing this, it was a cold call and I just said F'k Off. Becky thinks I have no manners whatsoever.

Defibrillators enable us folks to have family still :-)

Mon May 04, 2015 11:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

How do you know there wasn't a defib? Lets not turn this into a finger pointing exercise, not the time or place!

RIP fella

Mon May 04, 2015 12:08 pm
World XV Player

You have totally missed my point and have chosen to be as you are. It is easy to print RIP, it is a whole lot harder to get the bigger message over.

Mon May 04, 2015 1:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
You have totally missed my point and have chosen to be as you are. It is easy to print RIP, it is a whole lot harder to get the bigger message over.

Wrong time wrong place, I have missed nothing.

Mon May 04, 2015 2:03 pm
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

hoisted by your own pethard ..adiue.

Mon May 04, 2015 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Keith L wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Seemingly dead before he hit the ground and a defib was used.

Mon May 04, 2015 2:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There would have been a defib with the medical teams at that level of game.

Defibs are reasonably expensive and require training to use, I know they have been popping up everywhere (saw one in an old red telephone box in cheltenham the other day), but that doesn't mean they are of any use if the person opening the box doesn't know how to use it.

In remote locations where they have to be kept out outside as a pre cursor to their issue, then they get nicked.

A great idea, but, unfortunately, unworkable.

As someone who spends a long time running around chasing a ball, and paying for the pleasure to do so, it's scary shit how easily it can all come to an end when your pursuing an activity that by common perception should be minimising the risk of the problem!

Tue May 05, 2015 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

trust me Janner .. if it is there and someone has an ounce of common sense then it will have been a machine well bought.

Fri May 08, 2015 4:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Is this the guy with a condition that wasn't picked up some years ago?

Fri May 08, 2015 9:27 pm
World XV Player

Keighley’s Wales international Danny Jones died of a cardiac arrest triggered by hereditary heart disease, it has been confirmed.

Jones collapsed during Keighley’s League 1 game at London Skolars last Sunday and efforts to resuscitate him failed.

His family received the initial results of the post-mortem into the death on Thursday when it was revealed that the heart disease was not uncovered when the player underwent an ECG scan in late 2014.

Keighley’s chief executive Gary Fawcett said: “Whilst the findings of the post-mortem do provide an explanation for why he died, they allow for little comfort for Danny’s family or all those who knew him. His tragically premature death is still very painful for everyone, not least because his heart condition could not even be detected by the ECG.

“All we can do now is mourn his passing, celebrate his life and do everything we can for Danny’s wife Lizzie, their children Bobby and Phoebe, and their wider family.”

Jones leaves a wife Lizzie and five-month-old twins.

Fri May 08, 2015 9:29 pm
World XV Player

Sleeper wrote:
Keith L wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:

Seemingly dead before he hit the ground and a defib was used.

Depends on how you define dead. The point is that you have time to restart the heart and circulation before the brain rot sets in. Best to use that time effectively .. in any which way you can.

I literally beat the shit out of my Wife on the road side and only stopped when the ambulances arrived, and the undercover drugs squad. They did their thing with the defibrillator and I made my way to the hospital where they gave me her rings.

A few days later I got a phone call that She was awake and asking where I was?

Maybe a few days after that I met the ambulance man walking up the corridor and said Hi, I was chirpy he was glum, he had a printout or something in his hand, what's that? you don't want to see this he said. Why? It's your Wife's deffib print out he said, looking even sadder. Oh here she is I said as she walked out of the bathroom ..and the look on his face was well ..you can imagine.

Never give up.

Fri May 22, 2015 9:16 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Apologies if im talking nonsense here,but i always thought defibrillators were "idiot proof " in that if the heart had not stopped, they would pick up electrical impulses and fail to operate anyway. So in effect could be used with minimal training. Im probably way off the mark :dontknow:

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Fri May 22, 2015 9:22 am
Profile E-mail