It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Any news on getting rid of the scrum and 
Regional Player

Post Any news on getting rid of the scrum and
going to 13-a-side yet?

Serious question. Watched some Euro Cup on the weekend, they're getting worse.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

Post Re: Any news on getting rid of the scrum and
NewSouthWales wrote:
going to 13-a-side yet?

There's about as much chance of the scrum going in RU as there is as RL becoming popular in Wales - and that will happen after The Martians land.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

neroeambra wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:
going to 13-a-side yet?

There's about as much chance of the scrum going in RU as there is as RL becoming popular in Wales - and that will happen after The Martians land.

Theres martians :shock: :alien:

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:06 pm
World XV Player

I'd rather sit in empty field on a cold wet windy day, waiting for martians to land, than watch rugby league and i dont believe in martians.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pft ............. Storm in a teacup.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Sleeper wrote:
Pft ............. Storm in a teacup.

What Martians landing in a teacup :dontknow: :thefinger:

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:56 pm
World XV Player

neroeambra wrote:

Even the martians will get bored of Run 'n' wriggle Turf Humping within 5 minutes just like everyone else.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Regional Player

All the thousands that watch it? And thousands more who watch RL over RU on satellite TV.

Watched some of the Force vs. NSW earlier, no unfair attacking of the scrum half at scrum, less stupid going for the ball in the tackle area when it's obviously not possible to get it; and there was one penalty given for using a player to hold oneself up at a ruck, this would have been allowed in the NH, but wrongly allowed; the overrated B O'Driscoll was quite rightly penalised in Brissy for it last year, a few complaints from the Sky team over it, but it was the right call from the referee.

So, back to today, it was like watching a different sport to the one played in the NH. Brian Moore said the Aussies want to get rid of the scrum, I've never heard J O'Neill say that, so it might not be true. But O'Neill would like to see some law changes, as we all know.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

NewSouthWales wrote:
All the thousands that watch it? And thousands more who watch RL over RU on satellite TV.

Thousands. vs millions for union. The global figures speak for themselves, union eclipses turf humping in terms of popularity.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Regional Player

Stop calling RL names you ignoramus.

Millions watching club RU? You can't include "internationals". The vast majority of those who go to 6 "nations" aren't rugby supporters. That would be like calling most who get married in church, Christians.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

String wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:

Thousands. vs millions for union. The global figures speak for themselves, union eclipses turf humping in terms of popularity.

Show me the TV viewing figures for 15-a-side club rugby football, include play-offs if you want, where are these millions in the US, Aus, Canada, Japan and England. The NRL TV deal is far bigger than the Top 14 and the English Prem. one.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

NewSouthWales wrote:
String wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:

Show me the TV viewing figures for 15-a-side club rugby football, include play-offs if you want, where are these millions in the US, Aus, Canada, Japan and England. The NRL TV deal is far bigger than the Top 14 and the English Prem. one.

How much is the TV deal for the top flight Scotland, Ireland and Wales RL teams?

The match in the 2014 Six Nations with the lowest viewing figures still had a higher viewer number than the RLWC semi final between NZ And England. ( Source: BBC).

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

NewSouthWales wrote:
Stop calling RL names you ignoramus.

Millions watching club RU? You can't include "internationals". The vast majority of those who go to 6 "nations" aren't rugby supporters. That would be like calling most who get married in church, Christians.

The vast majority of those who go to internationals aren't rugby supporters? Are you sure? How are you a "real" fan and they are not? Is your money more valuable than theirs? No? Didn't think so. Rugby League would love to be able to pack the grounds around the World - then they might have a sport that is popular in more than just one country, a sport that isn't dying on its ass everywhere except Australia.

*fupp* off you demented *prk*, and don't come back - we only like "real" board members here :thefinger: .

Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:43 am
Regional Player

Why have you resorted to personal insults? Not very funny. I've heard Welsh ppl complain about the way RU is played nowadays, and with the exp. law variations there have obviously bn many talks about changing some laws. I heard H Llywelyn Davies say he was in favour of the ELV's.

If you had un-contested 6 person scrums, which only took place in the oppositions half, 13-a-side as I've said, say then a 65 metre wide pitch to compensate slightly for the reduction in playing numbers, this would help Welsh rugby immeasurably, I'm sure Cardiff would be going far better today than what they are, RU as it is does not suit the Welsh psyche, I'm 100% sure that C James would be in favour of changes to the laws. Also interchanges, 8 of them, instead of replacements, to stop what happened at Quins, and also so we don't see the ridiculous situation of loads of players coming on towards the end of a match.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

neroeambra wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:
String wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:

How much is the TV deal for the top flight Scotland, Ireland and Wales RL teams?

The match in the 2014 Six Nations with the lowest viewing figures still had a higher viewer number than the RLWC semi final between NZ And England. ( Source: BBC).

Prove it. All I can find is the average for the 6N, 2.3m watched England v NZ in the RLWC semi-final, but 2.4 watched England v Aus in their first match at the Cardiff ice rink.

But, I would rather you stick to my point, and it concerns ppl who watch club football (rugby), so where do the ppl who watch 6N go when the clubs (I include the regions in this, as they, IMO are clubs) are playing? As Dewi Llwyd, a soccer + Man.Utd supporter, who, when he said this on Pawb a'i Farn and possibly seemed a little smug, "It's the occasion that takes them to Cardiff". Surely far more should watch the RUWC next year, no? I'll be very interested to see if more tune in for Wales v England in the WC than the 6N. My bet will be that the 6N gets a bigger TV viewing audience. The Wales v England 6N match in 2013 drew 8.2m viewers, the Wales v France RUWC semi-final drew 6.6 million, which was more than the England v France QF, which averaged 4.2m. The 6N more popular than the WC? It's obviously the case, and that's wrong.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail