It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:21 am

English apology 
Junior Player

Post English apology
As a proud Englishman, I must today give a sincere apology on behalf of the RFU.

it doesn't matter if you are the richest Union in the world or have the most player, you can still play the system for what's it worth.

The statement of Denny Solomana, that he is willing to play for England, STINKS!!!!!

The guy has been here 2 minutes, has no family from these shores, has told the RFL that his heart wasn't in England and yet there is still talk he could be on the plan to Argentina this summer.

OUTRAGEOUS

It is about time that World Rugby stopped this atrocity of players picking the countries with the most money.

Club rugby fine, chase the Dollar, Pound, Euro or whatever, bunt when it comes to your country you should be proud of it.

The RFU should follow the FFR policy of no residency qualification and only use place of birth, or parentage as your country affiliation.

They should also be moving money to the tier 2 countries in order to support the paying of the players and getting club contracts sorted so they get fair release.

Then countries like Samoa, Fiji, Georgia, Tonga, would actually be able to have a decent team..... Oh that would not happen as it might upset the cartel that currently exists in World Rugby.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:17 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Post Re: English apology
Sounds good to me. The last time England used a Rugby League convert was a great success.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I dont think Wales are in any position to cast stones :D

Yes, the system needs tuning

Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:55 am
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

What do you mean the last time, it is pretty much every time.

Farrell senior, Henry Paul, Barry-John Mathers Spring to mind.

Conversely, there have been some great convert the other way, especially from Wales.

Maybe the league is easier to learn Union.......

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

I'm split about this, on the one hand I want England to utilise the best players we can and we are simply following the same rules as everyone else, on the other we have plenty of home grown talent who are well up to the task and I don't see why blatant mercenaries should be anything more than a stop gap or injury replacements, a convenience for when things are rough. Some I have more time for than others eg I'd have no problem with Rokoduguni playing for England again through residency. In fact I think residency should be allowed but we should set our limit at 5 years or more.

Only thing I'd say is those who wish to criticise England for this should make sure their own houses are in order first.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:21 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Residency rule should be extended to ten years, as Agustin Pichot has proposed. And yes, capping Solomona would be outrageous.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:41 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Residency rule should be extended to ten years, as Agustin Pichot has proposed. And yes, capping Solomona would be outrageous.

I've never read such tosh.

Come one, come all, as far as I'm concerned. My only proviso is that the immigrants have to coach as well - they have a lot of good knowledge and experience to pass on to youth players.

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:45 am
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
I'm split about this, on the one hand I want England to utilise the best players we can and we are simply following the same rules as everyone else, on the other we have plenty of home grown talent who are well up to the task and I don't see why blatant mercenaries should be anything more than a stop gap or injury replacements, a convenience for when things are rough. Some I have more time for than others eg I'd have no problem with Rokoduguni playing for England again through residency. In fact I think residency should be allowed but we should set our limit at 5 years or more.

Only thing I'd say is those who wish to criticise England for this should make sure their own houses are in order first.

An Englishman by his own admission raised the issue, stop being a Dick........again! ;)

Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:51 pm
Schools District Player

No, if he qualifies by the rules let him play.
It may highlight the sheer stupidity of the rules but we cannot pick and choose which ones to accept.
Hopefully, this will highlight the issues so that a change can be made.
In a perfect world he should, of course, be nowhere near an English cap.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Rules are rules, no problems with how countries use them. In saying that, 5 year residency at least I reckon.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:19 pm
World XV Player

You contradict yourself?

:D

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 am