It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 am

Blood cheat rules out Leicester move 
World XV Player

Post Blood cheat rules out Leicester move
Richards rules out Newcastle exit

Richards checking his man for blood injury ;)

Newcastle director of rugby Dean Richards says there is no chance of him returning to Leicester to replace Richard Cockerilll.
The Tigers decided to axe director of rugby Cockerill at the start of the month, placing head coach Aaron Mauger in charge temporarily while the board search for a replacement. Martin Johnson, Stuart Lancaster and Heyneke Meyer have all been linked with the post recently, with Richards' name now thrown into the mix. The 53-year-old has a long history at Welford Road, making over 300 appearances as a player for Leicester before guiding them to four Premiership titles and two European Cup finals as a coach, eventually leaving in 2004 to end a 23-year association with the Tigers. The former No.8 has since gone on to spend time at Grenoble and Harlequins before landing at Newcastle in 2012, guiding the Falcons back to the Premiership and keeping them in the top flight during his stint in the north-east. Richards says he is still enjoying life at Kingston Park and has no plans to return to Leicester, claiming the position no longer interests him. "I have ambitions still myself, am competitive and have that desire to win," Richards told the Daily Telegraph. "You never lose that instinct, and it has been great to rekindle things here at Newcastle. "As for Leicester, I've seen what has happened to Richard [Cockerill], and even though he has had longevity in that job, a board gets impatient for success. "But Leicester is not in my mind at all. I have no interest. I am very happy where I am." https://www.clubcall.com/rugby-union/ri ... 37096.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZ_kbWCvTU

Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:41 am
Profile E-mail