It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:42 pm

auf wiedersehen Londn Welsh 
World XV Player

Post Re: auf wiedersehen Londn Welsh
CymraegJanner wrote:
saintconor wrote:
Get them in the Welsh Premiership.

I am still at a loss to understand why people continually call for LW to be bought into the Welsh fold.

They contribute absolutely nothing to Welsh rugby, and would continue to do so regardless of where they play

It's a tough call to decide. On the face of it you are right. But I suppose the argument is that a London Welsh club may add a bit of variation to the schedule.

I am.not convinced that they would be useful as I'm not sure on their level of support or indeed their Welsh credentials these days.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

CJ, Simplyred gave you the answer.

They were part of the scenery 30 years ago therefore Good.

History is everything, its why they are bust and we are in the shit.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:50 pm
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
saintconor wrote:
Get them in the Welsh Premiership.

I am still at a loss to understand why people continually call for LW to be bought into the Welsh fold.

They contribute absolutely nothing to Welsh rugby, and would continue to do so regardless of where they play

Agree, I saw them out here a couple of years ago, and they had no Welsh players.... I lost it with them when they let Neil Bennett in... that was the beginning of the end

Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:24 am
Regional Player

London Welsh Supporters Club and Amateur Club set up Player Support Fund to help pro club players

These are uncertain times for the professional side of the Club and with Christmas just around the corner the London Welsh Supporters Club and the Amateur Club have set up a Player Support Fund to help the pro Club’s players and staff, some of whom have young families, through the festive period.

A Justgiving page has been set up with a target of raising £40,000 over the next few weeks. Click HERE to go to the page:

All money donated, with or without Gift Aid, will go directly to the players and staff of the professional club. The money will be collected and donated by the amateur club. The distribution of funds will be under the control of small group of senior members of the London Welsh Supporters Club.

A fantastic gesture and all donations will be much appreciated and gratefully received.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:22 pm
World XV Player

blondie wrote:
London Welsh Supporters Club and Amateur Club set up Player Support Fund to help pro club players

These are uncertain times for the professional side of the Club and with Christmas just around the corner the London Welsh Supporters Club and the Amateur Club have set up a Player Support Fund to help the pro Club’s players and staff, some of whom have young families, through the festive period.

A Justgiving page has been set up with a target of raising £40,000 over the next few weeks. Click HERE to go to the page:

All money donated, with or without Gift Aid, will go directly to the players and staff of the professional club. The money will be collected and donated by the amateur club. The distribution of funds will be under the control of small group of senior members of the London Welsh Supporters Club.

A fantastic gesture and all donations will be much appreciated and gratefully received.

It is a fantastic gesture, and I hope they get something out of it.

I don't suppose the RPA or the RFU will be doing anything about it

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:06 am
Profile E-mail WWW