It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:58 am

Eddie Jones - RFU Technical Adviser ? 
World XV Player

Post Eddie Jones - RFU Technical Adviser ?
There was a whisper of this post being created some time ago, cant recall who originally posted it.

The post doesnt currently exist and is subject to John Steele's review. I would hate to see another tier of playing directorship but ........................ it could mean replacing Rob Andrew and his post: :thumbright:

"Reports have suggested that Steeleā€™s shake-up could result in Andrew being reappointed to a logistics role and a new performance director being appointed to oversee the senior and age-group England teams".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ntial.html

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Eddie Jones - RFU Technical Adviser ?
Guess he will be predicting an England WC win now?

He was a guest speaker at a function I was at in March 2010 and he was predicting a France win over the Wallabies or All Blacks in the 2011 WC.

His CV seems to not a lot more than doing the rounds of public speaking looking for a job :D

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 am
World XV Player

There was an article in the Times (Jan 1st) that put forward Jones, Jake White, Conor O'Shea and Sir Clive Woodward as part of the Steele Review 'shake up'

Unfortunately Times is subscription only and I have the hard copy. The quote from the Telegraph article almost identical though.

Quote:
The main focus will be on who ends up with overall direct responsibility at elite level, which for the last 4 years has been Rob Andrew. As things stand, the proposal is to split his role. If it is endorsed, Andrew would be offered an important alternative Logistics brief, possibly under the title of Operations Director.

A high powered individual of proven achievement, such as Woodward, would take charge of rugby, possibly as Performance Director.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:33 am
World XV Player

SJ wrote:
There was an article in the Times (Jan 1st) that put forward Jones, Jake White, Conor O'Shea and Sir Clive Woodward as part of the Steele Review 'shake up'

Unfortunately Times is subscription only and I have the hard copy. The quote from the Telegraph article almost identical though.

Quote:
The main focus will be on who ends up with overall direct responsibility at elite level, which for the last 4 years has been Rob Andrew. As things stand, the proposal is to split his role. If it is endorsed, Andrew would be offered an important alternative Logistics brief, possibly under the title of Operations Director.

A high powered individual of proven achievement, such as Woodward, would take charge of rugby, possibly as Performance Director.

I think it might have been you or Tel who first raised it and stated a prob with a Times link. :thumbright:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Justic wrote:
Guess he will be predicting an England WC win now?

I'd be disappointed if anyone with direct involvement with any of the top 8 or so international sides didnt talk his side up.

Justic wrote:
His CV seems to not a lot more than doing the rounds of public speaking looking for a job

Dont we all. :D

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail