Sopoaga to Wasps 
World XV Player

Post Sopoaga to Wasps
Reference here together with english statement

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... art/865666

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Sopoaga to Wasps
Seriously not wanting to start anything, but wouldn’t it have been a bit easier for everyone on this site if you posted an English site? A kiwi going to an English club, surely there’s info in English.

Seems a bit pointless starting a thread like this, with little to no information at all for probably 99% of the people who use this site. :scratch:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:47 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Seriously not wanting to start anything, but wouldn’t it have been a bit easier for everyone on this site if you posted an English site? A kiwi going to an English club, surely there’s info in English.

Seems a bit pointless starting a thread like this, with little to no information at all for probably 99% of the people who use this site. :scratch:

It relates to both NZ and England I therefore chose an International thread. It also mentions upcoming W Cup etc

Foreign N Hemp presence is also a general topic.

Sorry, I'll try harder next time.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 am
World XV Player

There's an article in The New Zealand Herald about this but I can't cut and paste so someone else will have to do it. That's if anyone is that bothered.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:16 pm
World XV Player

Don’t take it to heart bro, just think it strange you put French websites on here, especially related to non French rugby. :scratch: Like the Marler thread. It’s kind of weird.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:03 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Don’t take it to heart bro, just think it strange you put French websites on here, especially related to non French rugby. :scratch: Like the Marler thread. It’s kind of weird.

My life and usual reference is french (i have lived here for the last 26 years) however I usuallly provide an english précis and in the case above, as I noted, that there is an english comment from the player concerned.

Apart from that it is etiquette to provide reference as valid source....so apart from english précis I provide that reference.

When it is 'actual' I post directly eg match commentaries and usually topics that are ongoing and of interest but french e.g in french rugby stream.

I haven't 'taken it to heart ' ... just trying to maximise my time with items which may be of interest on here.

Back on subject ...was he important to NZ squad?

Probsbly not? Fringe ABs players seem ready to take the N Hemp shilling which I suppose just allows NZ development players better intro to Super Rugby etc although an increase must be causing some concern as the injuries mount as per 4MY comments during the AIs ..a 'maladie' that seems on a general ncrease.

Post WCup and if and when International Club Rugby increases it's hold may well increase the exodus? Aviva seems to be focusing on this more and it's no longer just a Top14 net?

Ps if this continues in the above arena maybe this should be diverted to the more specific Southern Hemp section :D

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:41 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:

My life and usual reference is french (i have lived here for the last 26 years) however I usuallly provide an english précis and in the case above, as I noted, that there is an english comment from the player concerned.

Apart from that it is etiquette to provide reference as valid source....so apart from english précis I provide that reference.

When it is 'actual' I post directly eg match commentaries and usually topics that are ongoing and of interest but french e.g in french rugby stream.

I haven't 'taken it to heart ' ... just trying to maximise my time with items which may be of interest on here.

Probsbly not? Fringe ABs players seem ready to take the N Hemp shilling which I suppose just allows NZ development players better intro to Super Rugby etc although an increase must be causing some concern as the injuries mount as per 4MY comments during the AIs ..a 'maladie' that seems on a general ncrease.

Post WCup and if and when International Club Rugby increases it's hold may well increase the exodus? Aviva seems to be focusing on this more and it's no longer just a Top14 net?

Ps if this continues in the above arena maybe this should be diverted to the more specific Southern Hemp section :D

All good. :thumbright:
He’s a beast and would’ve had along career in black if it wasn’t for freaks ahead of him. Some think he still should’ve been given more starts. Him and Cruden were coming along nicely and then some bloke named Beauden came along. He’s a cracking place kicker as well.
Best of luck to him, he’s served NZ rugby very well and afaicr he’s only been in the spotlight for the right reasons.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:

He’s a beast and would’ve had along career in black if it wasn’t for freaks ahead of him. Some think he still should’ve been given more starts. Him and Cruden were coming along nicely and then some bloke named Beauden came along. He’s a cracking place kicker as well.
Best of luck to him, he’s served NZ rugby very well and afaicr he’s only been in the spotlight for the right reasons.

Thks,

I think that the highlighted area explains the dilemma ... now it isn't only those that seek a pension after some years .. it is begining to entice players that aren't prime that now decided to seek other climes earlier and money on offer. With injuries increasing that has a double effect...

-Players are concerned earlier to secure futures

-Injury levels are calling on more able substitutes that are now begining to exit

The 'downstream' effect of the Pro game is manefesting itself in various ways and a further change of effect e.g more footy like migration and popularity of the game beneath international level may have even more effect.

Just crystal ball gazing but the evolution into full blown Pro Rugby and outside interests is begging significant questions on futures?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:

Thks,

I think that the highlighted area explains the dilemma ... now it isn't only those that seek a pension after some years .. it is begining to entice players that aren't prime that now decided to seek other climes earlier and money on offer. With injuries increasing that has a double effect...

-Players are concerned earlier to secure futures

-Injury levels are calling on more able substitutes that are now begining to exit

The 'downstream' effect of the Pro game is manefesting itself in various ways and a further change of effect e.g more footy like migration and popularity of the game beneath international level may have even more effect.

Just crystal ball gazing but the evolution into full blown Pro Rugby and outside interests is begging significant questions on futures?

It’s never only been about pensions, but it’s not like he’s a first choice player leaving in his prime. He knows he’s got little chance of international footy so going north to set himself and his family up. Pretty much par for the course I thought. Players like him leave every year. It’s a good thing imo. Gives the next players in line a pro super contract and gives the NZRFU another chance to unearth another DC or BB. Win win.

I don’t think anything has changed regarding who is leaving our shores. All the best players are staying put, those underneath them have the option to stay on and try and get the jersey, or cruise and make some coin. Even though some kiwis aren’t to happy with the NH taking our players, I think the opposite. Opens doors for the next generation and we don’t have to worry about the older players, at all. If they can make a name for themselves in super rugby, or even the next level down, they can head overseas and make good money.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:09 am