It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PRO 14 Final 
Regional Junior Player

Post Re: PRO 14 Final
"We allowed you those tries"!!!!!! You're sounding rather English. Nobody scores by merit, "we allow them to score."

Sat May 26, 2018 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

isa, i salute you, a loss to Leinster and all pro14 fans

Sat May 26, 2018 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Ewloe wrote:
"We allowed you those tries"!!!!!! You're sounding rather English. Nobody scores by merit, "we allow them to score."

If my words have caused consternation, I apologise.

There were just some annoying comments on here after the Euro clash between these two and I wanted to win this one really well, because of it.

I'm annoyed we couldn't stop the Scarlets at the end, if that better language?

Sean

Sat May 26, 2018 8:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
lovely try Leinster off a forward pass :thumbup:

I thought that, but I have to say that least one of your tries against us in Dublin last year, was forward.

Sean

You are beginning to sound English... ;)

Well I've lived in England for 22 years... :D

But I return to my point about forward passing and I'm mad as hell that we allowed you those late tries, as it completely takes the shine off it for me.

Sean

I think Psychiatric services are available on the NHS ;)

Sat May 26, 2018 8:21 pm
World XV Player

Well done Leinster, by some distance the best team in Europe. All the same, the Scarlets have much improved in recent years and are now a match for anyone. I also disagree with LE that Leinster and Munster didn't take Scarlets seriously last year - Scarlets were phenomenal and just played better, but this time their injuries and greater number of matches eventually caught up with them. They also need some new signings among their forwards - preferably at 4 and 8.

Sat May 26, 2018 8:31 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Rock Boy wrote:
cosh wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
Two quality sides and a worthy final

Two quality sides and a totally unnecessary final ! Hate play offs, as far as I am concerned, the champions of the pro 14 are the team who finishes top after all league games against each other have been played. Leinster are by far the best club/regional side in Europe. Scarlets could well beat them tomorrow and then they will be called champions of the pro 14 and we will be told all is good in Welsh rugby. Such games shouldn’t be played at all with so many players going on tours immediately afterwards. It’s simply another money making exercise.

cosh - do u actually like watching rugby?

Strange you don’t make any sort of constructive comment other than that question, but yes, I love watching rugby, both at grass roots level and at the highest level also. What I don’t like is having to play these ridiculous play off games to decide who is the pro 14 ‘champions’. Ask Shingler how he feels tonight about having to play in such a game ! The pro 14 should be a straight league system and whoever ends up top of that league should be rightly named pro 14 champions.

Sat May 26, 2018 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Well done Leinster, by some distance the best team in Europe. All the same, the Scarlets have much improved in recent years and are now a match for anyone. I also disagree with LE that Leinster and Munster didn't take Scarlets seriously last year - Scarlets were phenomenal and just played better, but this time their injuries and greater number of matches eventually caught up with them. They also need some new signings among their forwards - preferably at 4 and 8.

Yep agree with all of that

Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
That was sensational rugby from the Scarlets. :clap:

P3 I think you are resting on a 50 year old ? 3-0 win. Typically Scarlet.

Sat May 26, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Ball will be back, and Cummins has got better with playing time, but the Scarlets' props are not good ball carriers, so much will depend on Cheetah's number 8. James Davies is not a very influential factor in top class rugby, and Shingler lost form in the second half of the season after the toll of the 6 Nations.

They will have to work hard not to good backwards and Beirne and Barclay will be huge losses, but hopefully Foxy will be back.

Sat May 26, 2018 8:48 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Ball will be back, and Cummins has got better with playing time, but the Scarlets' props are not good ball carriers, so much will depend on Cheetah's number 8. James Davies is not a very influential factor in top class rugby, and Shingler lost form in the second half of the season after the toll of the 6 Nations.

They will have to work hard not to good backwards and Beirne and Barclay will be huge losses, but hopefully Foxy will be back.

So are you pessimistic about next season? As for Cubby, a lot of Scarlets supporters (including possibly you, though I am not sure) always slated Gatland for not giving him a chance at international level, but it is clear that he is not at the level of Warburton, Tipuric or even Ellis Jenkins.

Sat May 26, 2018 8:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

so what Pro 14 is a better final than some english game.

Sat May 26, 2018 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

pontiets wrote:
so what Pro 14 is a better final than some english game.

Although the reforms were controversial at the time, I think the changes to European qualification rules have improved the quality and intensity of the league, since Scottish and Italian teams no longer have automatic entry and the Irish and Welsh teams have to do more than just finish above Connacht and the Dragons. The trouble is that, during the international periods, the Pro 14 teams lose far more players than do clubs in the other two leagues, which affects their quality and the public appeal of their line-ups rather more.

Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

So are you pessimistic about next season? As for Cubby, a lot of Scarlets supporters (including possibly you, though I am not sure) always slated Gatland for not giving him a chance at international level, but it is clear that he is not at the level of Warburton, Tipuric or even Ellis Jenkins.

I was the one who got slated for saying he is too small for international rugby. Warburton is far better as is Ellis Jenkins, Tips is very similar to Davies, although less fond of the physical side of the game.

Lee is limited and Rob Evans needs to improve his contribution, as he wanders off during games. Might not be the smartest or most coachable player methinks..

Sat May 26, 2018 9:52 pm
Primary Schools Player

As I understand it there was no Welsh bid for the final, waiting for an Ed Sheeran concert/

Sat May 26, 2018 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

When Steff Evans was found wanting on the wing maybe Tom Prydie should have been brought on sooner.
Prydie is excellent in the air a very solid on defence.
I said earlier, I expect Tom to shine on tour and cement his place in the Wales team.
He is going to be hard to dislodge from the Wales team once he gets his nose in front. :D

Sat May 26, 2018 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next