It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ulster/Osps qualifier 
World XV Player

Post Re: Ulster/Osps qualifier
Hooky and Biggar looking bad, chasing the game that should have been won in the first half.

Sun May 20, 2018 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Hooky and Biggar looking bad, chasing the game that should have been won in the first half.

I may add that AWJ is also looking bad.
What is with the coaching staff?

Sun May 20, 2018 4:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I'm afraid Sam Davies also looks bad, but he is part of the cause of bad.

Sun May 20, 2018 4:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Well you obviously enjoyed this one Big Red ;)

Sun May 20, 2018 4:54 pm
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:
It was easier for Hook to have scored there. Really poor

Look of slomo, you are wrong there. The defence was lining up to nail him. Great pass took out most of the defenders.

Hook should have ran straight to the line but instead ran inside towards their defenders. A decent winger would have nailed the try.
Dreadful from the Ospreys against mediocre opposition.

Sun May 20, 2018 5:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Jono Gibbs is rumoured to be going to La Rochelle ... there's been a Coaching rumpus there and head coach for the last 7 years Collazo has left.

Sun May 20, 2018 5:14 pm
World XV Player

Apart from his try and some passes, Biggar had a mare in his last-ever Ospreys match. I was also once again utterly unimpressed by Hook, who has mostly been pretty useless since re-joining the team.

Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Apart from his try and some passes, Biggar had a mare in his last-ever Ospreys match. I was also once again utterly unimpressed by Hook, who has mostly been pretty useless since re-joining the team.

Hooky has not been used, as always he has been abused. The story of his life.
The biggest mistake he made on coming back to Wales was joining Ospreys.
How can a player perform when he comes on at a time when Ospreys were chasing the game.
If ever there was a crime against rugby it would feature the treatment of two of our most gifted ball players Hooky and Henson.
Henson may have been, to a certain extent self-inflicted but with Hooky it was the establishment that put the dagger in.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

How can a player perform when he comes on at a time when Ospreys were chasing the game.
If ever there was a crime against rugby it would feature the treatment of two of our most gifted ball players Hooky and Henson.
Henson may have been, to a certain extent self-inflicted but with Hooky it was the establishment that put the dagger in.

I would agree with you about Hook. Henson is a different story.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Hook had talent but vision and game management were not his forte his decision making at crucial times was poor, he tried to much on his own. Various coaches came to the same decision, both at a club and international level. Being able to occasionally do the spectacular, does not make you a great player. Good career good professional, i don't think he was shafted by anyone he was also limited.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun May 20, 2018 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Always liked Hook as a player but he bottled it at a time in his career when he could have nailed his legacy. Rewind to the 2011 World Cup. He was one of the few players in that squad whose career went backwards as a result of his performances in that tournament.

Sun May 20, 2018 10:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Always liked Hook as a player but he bottled it at a time in his career when he could have nailed his legacy. Rewind to the 2011 World Cup. He was one of the few players in that squad whose career went backwards as a result of his performances in that tournament.

I blame Gats for getting that wrong in the semi-final against France. It did affect Hooky going forward.
Another one shafted was Priestland, who was shafted by the crowd at his home stadium.
The Priest another one of our really gifted players.
We seem to want to shaft our gifted players simply because we do not see them as reaching the standard of our 1970's greats.
Sheer madness, I hope we have learned our lessons going forward.
We have some really good youngsters coming through who need our support and not our needless criticisms.
Criticise, yes but constructive criticisms and not destructive criticisms.

Sun May 20, 2018 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The difference between Scarlets and Ospreys is not so much the players but the coaching.
Just take a look at both sides on a man for man basis.
Where is the great difference between the two teams?
There is a huge gulf between the performances. Where is the huge gulf between the players?

Sun May 20, 2018 10:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
The difference between Scarlets and Ospreys is not so much the players but the coaching.
Just take a look at both sides on a man for man basis.
Where is the great difference between the two teams?
There is a huge gulf between the performances. Where is the huge gulf between the players?

Scarlets: J McNicholl; T Prydie, S Williams, H Parkes, S Evans; R Patchell, G Davies; R Evans, K Owens (capt), S Lee, T Beirne, S Cummins, A Shingler, J Davies, J Barclay.

Replacements: R Elias, W Jones, W Kruger, L Rawlins, W Boyde, J Evans, D Jones, S Hughes.

Compare:

Ospreys: S Davies; J Hassler, A Beck, O Watkin, H Dirksen; D Biggar, T Habberfield; N Smith, S Otten, D Arhip, B Davies, A Wyn Jones (capt), D Lydiate, J Tipuric, J King.

Replacements: I Phillips, R Jones, M Fia, A Beard, S Cross, M Aubrey, C Allen, J Hook.

Sun May 20, 2018 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

BigRed wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:

I blame Gats for getting that wrong in the semi-final against France. It did affect Hooky going forward.
Another one shafted was Priestland, who was shafted by the crowd at his home stadium.
The Priest another one of our really gifted players.
We seem to want to shaft our gifted players simply because we do not see them as reaching the standard of our 1970's greats.
Sheer madness, I hope we have learned our lessons going forward.
We have some really good youngsters coming through who need our support and not our needless criticisms.
Criticise, yes but constructive criticisms and not destructive criticisms.

Its up to them to grow a thick skin, they should stay away from twitter, facebook and all these other platforms that allow all and sundry to criticism them, top professional sport is no place for snowflakes.

Sun May 20, 2018 10:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next