It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 12:09 am

The Dragons are crap. 
Youth Player

Post The Dragons are crap.
We know it, everyone knows it, the statistics and results clearly show it, yet players are not allowed to voice their opinion on it, so much for free speech.
Gareth Davies has every right to call the Dragons out, IMO he was quite diplomatic about it, he could have said they were garbage and a guaranteed 5 points to most teams, if he'd wanted to be mean about it.
I guess in future he will just have to toe the line and say they always give the Scarlets a tough game, and how relieved he is that they got the 5 points.

Load of crap, Jackman needs turfing out on his ear, and someone who knows what they are doing brought in, he clearly hasn't a clue what he's doing.

Wed May 02, 2018 3:34 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: The Dragons are crap.
The coach - who you clearly know absolutely nothing about, stated when appointed that he was going to assess the players this season, Abominable. After that, any changes require would be made.

I've mentioned this on other threads on here.

You haven't seen them then?

Pity that.

Wed May 02, 2018 6:22 am
World XV Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
We know it, everyone knows it, the statistics and results clearly show it, yet players are not allowed to voice their opinion on it, so much for free speech.
Gareth Davies has every right to call the Dragons out, IMO he was quite diplomatic about it, he could have said they were garbage and a guaranteed 5 points to most teams, if he'd wanted to be mean about it.
I guess in future he will just have to toe the line and say they always give the Scarlets a tough game, and how relieved he is that they got the 5 points.

Load of crap, Jackman needs turfing out on his ear, and someone who knows what they are doing brought in, he clearly hasn't a clue what he's doing.

Total disrespect shown by Gareth Davies to other professionals. He really should learn to keep his gob shut, in a game where anyone can get stuck at the bottom of a ruck while playing against someone who he has bad mouthed he might have to learn the hard way to be quiet
He has got previous for being a bit of a tw@t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmnr3TE9BcU

Wed May 02, 2018 6:26 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We rarely hear of Llanelli/Scarlets misbehaviour.

He's moving to another club now so he'll be exposed a bit more perhaps?

Wed May 02, 2018 6:33 am
World XV Player

Yes it was not professional from Davies to offer a running commentary on the quality of the opposition.

He does have a point though... dragons are crap. I am concerned about some of the signings as there are few “interesting we got him” signings and most are a punt

9 and 10 are key positions and fortunately one of the better signings Rhodri Williams is coming in. 10 is still up in the air with two semi pro players being signed - albeit one who had a stint at bath

Jackman has a fair bit to do as both Lyn and Kingsley got more out of the squad

Wed May 02, 2018 8:24 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Coaches in Wales are misguided in to what is considered talent, and what is crap !! Perhaps it is the end product of too many overseas appointments.

Take Matthew Morgan for example who had a blistering performance at the P.S. on Saturday. Ignored by Wales, and so often playing second fiddle with the Blues, this is a guy who can win a game in one single move. Yes he makes mistakes, but don't we all.

Wed May 02, 2018 9:05 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
Coaches in Wales are misguided in to what is considered talent, and what is crap !! Perhaps it is the end product of too many overseas appointments.

Take Matthew Morgan for example who had a blistering performance at the P.S. on Saturday. Ignored by Wales, and so often playing second fiddle with the Blues, this is a guy who can win a game in one single move. Yes he makes mistakes, but don't we all.

I agree with you about Nipper's attacking performance he can be very good at times. The problem is he has frailties in his defensive game and the higher the level he plays the more these will be exposed

Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

List published in the Argus and WalesOnline of 19 players leaving the Dragons this year. Some were already confirmed (e.g. Phil Price > Scarlets) and others strongly rumoured (e.g. Angus O'Brien), and none are really surprising.

Given the level of recruitment so far they are definitely going to be stronger overall next season, especially the pack (there are 5 Looseheads being released!) but as noted above 10 is still a concern. Both their new 10s are basically Welsh Premiership players. They've both done well and deserve their chance at a higher level, but it's a real gamble - if they're not up to it then the Dragons are going to be worse at 10 than they were last year. They're also losing several centres and not yet bringing any on board apparently - haven't been impressed with either of the ones Jackman signed earlier in the year.

For the other regions, of the leavers not yet spoken for, I'd say Sam Hobbs, Carl Meyer, Liam Belcher and Sam Beard are worth a punt.

Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Agree with you B&D on Matthew Morgan's frailty in defence but I still think he would be the man to come on at the top level for the final 20 in a game which was virtually lost. The Ospreys defence against Gareth Anscombs try on Saturday was reminiscent of a scene at Madame Tousauds !!!

I do think Matthew Morgan is more suited to no 10; his ball distribution is top notch; I guess he prefers 15.

Wed May 02, 2018 2:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Agree with you B&D on Matthew Morgan's frailty in defence but I still think he would be the man to come on at the top level for the final 20 in a game which was virtually lost. The Ospreys defence against Gareth Anscombs try on Saturday was reminiscent of a scene at Madame Tousauds !!!

I do think Matthew Morgan is more suited to no 10; his ball distribution is top notch; I guess he prefers 15.

Wed May 02, 2018 2:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Bouch wrote:
The coach - who you clearly know absolutely nothing about, stated when appointed that he was going to assess the players this season, Abominable. After that, any changes require would be made.

Pity that.

So he needs a full season to "assess" his players? never heard of any other coach doing that, most coaches come in and try to make an immediate impact, or at least steady the ship. Jackman has done neither, massive weekly changes in his team, did the Dragons board know that he would need an entire season to assess the playing staff? most decent coaches do that pre season, maybe he is just very slow in thought and deed.

Wed May 02, 2018 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:

Cawdor isn't going anywhere?

Wed May 02, 2018 2:34 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:

He might be going to casualty the next time The Drags play The Scars

Wed May 02, 2018 3:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:

He might be going to casualty the next time The Drags play The Scars

I don't think they would get near him...

I see the WRU hand in play, the Drags sign Botica and another kid..

Wed May 02, 2018 3:28 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:

Pity that.

The thing is though, any coach worth his salt could identify key weaknesses.

As has been mentioned, I see no improvement with the current squad than those from previous managers.

Jackman has bought hinself an extra year of poor performance by not buying players.

Wed May 02, 2018 4:47 pm
Profile E-mail