It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:02 am

Judgement Day VI 
World XV Player

Post Judgement Day VI
Dragons v Scarlets (the latter are more-or-less full strength. They need the five points to guarantee their home QF). https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... s-14584474

Blues v Ospreys (the latter are at full-strength, while the former are resting quite a few players for the Challenge Cup final). https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... m-14584994

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Judgement Day VI
Roof closed I suspect. Weather is dreadful today in Cardiff.

Scarlets will be looking for a big performance after losing heavily to Leinster and to Edinburgh the week before. Do the Dragons fancy their chances I wonder.

Blues v Os should be an interesting contest. Blues flying high at the moment but that's a strong Ospreys backline. This should be the better of the two games.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:46 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Roof closed I suspect. Weather is dreadful today in Cardiff.

Scarlets will be looking for a big performance after losing heavily to Leinster and to Edinburgh the week before. Do the Dragons fancy their chances I wonder.

Blues v Os should be an interesting contest. Blues flying high at the moment but that's a strong Ospreys backline. This should be the better of the two games.

I agree Icey, Blues/Osps is the most intriguing...

I fancy the Blues, pity the Coach is leaving ;)

Quick EDIT !!! ... just seen the Blues team ... Osps to win :D

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:06 pm
World XV Player

Surprised at the Blues resting 11 players from last week. :shock:

This is their home game and on the biggest of stages and looks like their giving it to the Os :scratch:

Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:

This is their home game and on the biggest of stages and looks like their giving it to the Os :scratch:

Nothing really to play for....pride left a long time ago ;)

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:30 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

ICEverything wrote:

The Blues can't realistically make the Pro14 play offs.

With the Cheetahs playing the Southern Kings even a bonus point win would probably not be enough to move up a place in the table. To overturn the points difference the Blues would have to smash the Ospreys and hope the Southern Kings win big against the Cheetahs. Doesn't seem very likely to happen.

The Champions Cup place for next season is already secure. So it is all about keeping everyone fit for May 11.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:36 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

The Blues can't realistically make the Pro14 play offs.

With the Cheetahs playing the Southern Kings even a bonus point win would probably not be enough to move up a place in the table. To overturn the points difference the Blues would have to smash the Ospreys and hope the Southern Kings win big against the Cheetahs. Doesn't seem very likely to happen.

The Champions Cup place for next season is already secure. So it is all about keeping everyone fit for May 11.

Can't argue with that :thumbup: It's a pro game now and increasingly geared to it.

However, having said that Capital City, ideally placed commercially does seem to be underexploited in Pro terms and support and success levels (Challenge Cup a poor relation) ?

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:07 am
World XV Player

Bookies have it Scarlets by 17 and Osps by 7

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:33 am
World XV Player

You wait all week for a JD thread and then 3 come along at the same time. :D

Sun shining here in West Wales, whats it like in Cardiff? Yes, I can see the sense of the Blues resting players as they have bigger fish to fry as we approach the end of the season.

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:22 am
World XV Player

Scarlets looked like they were either tired or not that interested, but still as usual the Dragons were useless and their poor fitness and weak bench yet again took the game away from them.

The second match was quite entertaining, but it really has come to something that the Ospreys nowadays can only scrape past an under-strength Blues team.

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

This is a strange event. It doesn't really have the feel of a local Derby and I wonder if the home teams feel any home advantage at all. A large number of fans seem disinterested and you wonder at times why they turned up. I was wondering at one stage if the Scarlets and Ospreys should negotiate to use JD as their home game every other season but I've come to the conclusion that would be a mistake.

PS - what the heck were those guys in suits of armour doing? I just didn't get hat at all. A bit Monty Pythonish I thought.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:23 am
World XV Player

what was the attendance?

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:23 am
Regional Player

Tricky this year as their was nothing riding on either of the games (apart from Scarlets needing a bonus point) and all the focus this year has been on the European runs of the Scarlets and the Blues. The Dragons are also at a very low ebb, and the Blues did not even play all their first team. Even so we at least had one entertaining game.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
what was the attendance?

It was around 62k I believe,

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:32 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Fids the Blindside wrote: