It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Zebre v Ospreys (April 2018) 
World XV Player

Post Zebre v Ospreys (April 2018)
Team details. The Ospreys' selection is utterly suicidal and inexplicable. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43783733

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Zebre v Ospreys (April 2018)
najbritcol wrote:
Team details. The Ospreys' selection is utterly suicidal and inexplicable. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43783733

Nothing to play for, rest players before Judgement Day?

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:35 am
World XV Player

Zebre beat the severely under-strength Ospreys 37-14! This season really has been one of records for the Ospreys (for all the wrong reasons): their losses to Benetton, Cheetahs, Edinburgh, Glasgow, their not-really-a-win against the Kings and now this. At a time when the Scarlets and now the Blues have really made progress (even taking into account the former's loss today), and when the Dragons have made plenty of new signings and should hopefully improve too, the decline of the Ospreys is a very real and present danger for Welsh rugby.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Zebre beat the severely under-strength Ospreys 37-14! This season really has been one of records for the Ospreys (for all the wrong reasons): their losses to Benetton, Cheetahs, Edinburgh, Glasgow, their not-really-a-win against the Kings and now this. At a time when the Scarlets and now the Blues have really made progress (even taking into account the former's loss today), and when the Dragons have made plenty of new signings and should hopefully improve too, the decline of the Ospreys is a very real and present danger for Welsh rugby.

How so? They have only one first team Wales player next year in AWJ, they are hardly a factor anymore at the top level. The team needs management and investment, why would any decent player or coach go there?

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:11 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

How so? They have only one first team Wales player next year in AWJ, they are hardly a factor anymore at the top level. The team needs management and investment, why would any decent player or coach go there?

Because for good or for ill, they have been the most (relatively) successful team since the introduction of regionalisation, with their four league wins and the AWC in 2008, so for them to decline like this is very dangerous and shameful. Btw, don't Tipuric, Bradley Davies and Lydiate at a minimum also count as first-choice Welsh players? Welsh rugby has managed to make do with a weak Dragons for many years, but a weak Ospreys would be too much.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Because for good or for ill, they have been the most (relatively) successful team since the introduction of regionalisation, with their four league wins and the AWC in 2008, so for them to decline like this is very dangerous and shameful. Btw, don't Tipuric, Bradley Davies and Lydiate at a minimum also count as first-choice Welsh players? Welsh rugby has managed to make do with a weak Dragons for many years, but a weak Ospreys would be too much.

Warburton will be the 7 for the WC, I don't see Brad or Lydiate making the squad.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:22 pm
World XV Player

Ospreys are currently the pits, should be a hotbed of Welsh rugby, what a mess.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Warburton will be the 7 for the WC, I don't see Brad or Lydiate making the squad.

Looking at how easily Leinster brushed aside the Scarlets back row, I would say there is a strong case for selecting back roe and second row players who can tackle and stop the opposition on the gain line

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:41 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eborr wrote:
Looking at how easily Leinster brushed aside the Scarlets back row, I would say there is a strong case for selecting back roe and second row players who can tackle and stop the opposition on the gain line

Yep, good idea.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:44 am
World XV Player

eborr wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

who is advocating playing the Scarlets back row?

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:58 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
eborr wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

who is advocating playing the Scarlets back row?

Some of the more one-eyed Scarlets supporters (not saying you, but some others) claimed for ages that James Davies is better than Tipuric and even Warburton!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:57 pm
Profile E-mail