It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:42 am

Pro14: Edinburgh v Scarlets (Sat 14.04.2018) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Pro14: Edinburgh v Scarlets (Sat 14.04.2018)
najbritcol wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
naj, it wasn't risky as there was nothing at stake with this game.

It could make the difference between a home or away QF.

Complete and utter crap

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:43 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
While it is understandable that Pivac wanted to rest his best players for Europe, the selection of such an under-strength team was genuinely risky and going too far. Not even Leinster and Saracens have such unlimited strength-in-depth to make so many changes and not face the consequences, let alone Scarlets - however much they have been improving, they aren't (yet) at the level of those two.

I can see why you have been blacklisted on Scarlet Fever :thumbup:

It is just stating facts that it was a really poor selection.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:57 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
While it is understandable that Pivac wanted to rest his best players for Europe, the selection of such an under-strength team was genuinely risky and going too far. Not even Leinster and Saracens have such unlimited strength-in-depth to make so many changes and not face the consequences, let alone Scarlets - however much they have been improving, they aren't (yet) at the level of those two.

Calculated risk. He knew the result before the game. He knew that Europe and the playoffs are more important.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:55 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
naj, it wasn't risky as there was nothing at stake with this game.

It could make the difference between a home or away QF.

If thats what you see as the risk then it is very low. The Dragons game will be the difference between home or away QF. Get a five pointer there and we have a home QF. And to be honest, I would even throw the QF of the Pro12 if it meant getting a shot at the Final of the Champions Cup.

Thats whats really at stake here. Not making the European Cup is the risk, not failing to get a home QF in the pro 12. And we have a first team who have been focusing on nothing but the European Cup over the past week without the distraction of a Pro12 game.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 am
World XV Player

Let us face it, the rot started with 'pansy' Tom Varndell's powder puff attempts at tackling.
I think he has played his last game for Scarlets. I would be more than surprised if we ever see him in a Scarlets jersey again.
What a waste of space this guy is, whatever they have paid him for his services it's is/was far too much.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Let us face it, the rot started with 'pansy' Tom Varndell's powder puff attempts at tackling.
I think he has played his last game for Scarlets. I would be more than surprised if we ever see him in a Scarlets jersey again.
What a waste of space this guy is, whatever they have paid him for his services it's is/was far too much.

Maybe so, but they wouldn't have known that unless they played him

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Maybe we should have known or at least have been suspicious. It was not a Premiership team that didn't want him for the rest of the season it was a Championship team. :D

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Maybe we should have known or at least have been suspicious. It was not a Premiership team that didn't want him for the rest of the season it was a Championship team. :D

This report says it all. When he left for Scarlets he wasn't getting game time having not represented Bristol since January?
He couldn't get game time for Bristol so what makes them think that he could get game time for Scarlets?
Looks like he did OK up to 2017, then something happened. Who knows?
I would say that he is probably carrying an injury. He seems reasonable on an attack but his tackling is just not there AT ALL.
Tom's pathetic attempt at tackling was the reason for Burgh's first try. Thereafter Burgh targetted him running through him on several occasions.
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rug ... ll-1303352

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:

Pivac has stated that the Scarlets' number one priority is Europe, as is the case with Leinster.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:05 pm