It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:55 am

Cardiff appoint new coach. 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Cardiff appoint new coach.
I would love to see what Shaun Edwards could do as head coach with this group of players plus a couple of reinforcements.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
I would love to see what Shaun Edwards could do as head coach with this group of players plus a couple of reinforcements.

A couple of reinforcements? obviously you are talking about Howley and McBride, a dream team if ever there was one.

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:09 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:

Becoming a Blues coach is not good for the CV. If you were a coach with ambition, would you chose the Blues?

Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:09 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

Becoming a Blues coach is not good for the CV. If you were a coach with ambition, would you chose the Blues?

2 years ago no, but today ... different story. Having it on his CV has not hurt Dai Young, so it can be done!

Recent results are very good, there are a lot of good players in the squad and it looks like they have some good young players coming through in positions where the team has been chronically short.

With 3 tight five forwards (2 props and a lock) able to compete at the top end of the Pro14 an incoming coach would have a chance to be very successful.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

A couple of reinforcements? obviously you are talking about Howley and McBride, a dream team if ever there was one.

I'm pretty sure that you're taking the piss but that would be the perfect scenario for me. However, we're stuck with the invisible never heard of him man who is coaching the backs at some side in Japan. Typical cheapskate Blues. Over and Pie man out!!

'I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.' ( John Wardell, aka Jah Wobble from his album 'Take me to God' who when introduced to John Lydon in a pub was so utterly pissed that he couldn't even pronounce his own name: thus 'Jah Wobble'.)

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:29 pm
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

2 years ago no, but today ... different story. Having it on his CV has not hurt Dai Young, so it can be done!

Recent results are very good, there are a lot of good players in the squad and it looks like they have some good young players coming through in positions where the team has been chronically short.

With 3 tight five forwards (2 props and a lock) able to compete at the top end of the Pro14 an incoming coach would have a chance to be very successful.

Agree with this... Lewis the TH could be a very good player and Seb Davies can be inconsistent at this stage but has potential. The blues have no money but there is some talent to select from. Looking beyond nick Williams would be helpful

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

Only going by what was said a few months ago. Apparently part of the reason Danny Wilson is leaving is because he isn't being given control and the wage bill he has is changed during the season. It was said on Scrum v.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:40 pm
Profile E-mail