It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:02 pm

CARDIFF V BENETON 
Regional Player

Post CARDIFF V BENETON
Good to see Matthew Morgan returning for the Blues tonight. A talented player who could have made a dynamic input in tomorrows international.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: CARDIFF V BENETON
Here are the two teams. Scrum V on BBC2 is showing it tonight. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43414871

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

JOHNWALES wrote:
Good to see Matthew Morgan returning for the Blues tonight. A talented player who could have made a dynamic input in tomorrows international.
As the mascot for the band?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:

He does not even play 10 for his club. He is out of his depth in international games.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

FT 31-25. Considering the hidings that Benetton have received in previous visits to the Arms Park, this is a vast improvement, especially considering the Blues had much closer to a full-strength team than they did. For parts of the game Benetton were playing significantly better than the Blues, in fact.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Thegrimriper wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:
As the mascot for the band?

As long as it is a boy band :D

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:03 am
World XV Player

I have to admit to being very disappointed at how Morgan turned out. I did have high hopes for him, and he is a trier with good skills, but it just has not happened. In the 'old days' he could have been tried on the wing but these days a small winger is not going to get picked mush until they have a reputation, which he will not get without experience there, which he will not get.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 am
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

Morgan put in some good tackles last night.
Morgan should play at 10. He is a much better 10 than Evans and Shingler. Danny Wilson was at Bristol when Morgan was voted player of the championship by his fellow league professionals. His position was no.10 then. There is a weakness in his tackling at fullback. George Ford is not a great tackler. Morgan could be better protected at 10 and his pace and his passing ability would be an asset. As he has never been tried at 10 at Cardiiff what have you got to lose. He used to be a good kicker of the ball also but this is never utilised. His greatest asset is his ability to beat a one on one player. He rarely gets a chance to do this at fullback as he mostly receives the ball from deep. At ten he would have far more opportunities. He gets a lot of stick on this site mostly about his tackling but when he gets the ball there is always that anticipation of something happening. Coaching is so stereotyped now and individualism has been coached out of the game. I would say to Wilson what have you got to lose?

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:38 am
British & Irish Lions Player

garrish99 wrote:
Morgan put in some good tackles last night.
Morgan should play at 10. He is a much better 10 than Evans and Shingler. Danny Wilson was at Bristol when Morgan was voted player of the championship by his fellow league professionals. His position was no.10 then. There is a weakness in his tackling at fullback. George Ford is not a great tackler. Morgan could be better protected at 10 and his pace and his passing ability would be an asset. As he has never been tried at 10 at Cardiiff what have you got to lose. He used to be a good kicker of the ball also but this is never utilised. His greatest asset is his ability to beat a one on one player. He rarely gets a chance to do this at fullback as he mostly receives the ball from deep. At ten he would have far more opportunities. He gets a lot of stick on this site mostly about his tackling but when he gets the ball there is always that anticipation of something happening. Coaching is so stereotyped now and individualism has been coached out of the game. I would say to Wilson what have you got to lose?

Morgan was a decent schoolboy 10 and probably still would be, although he was a signed as a 10 by Bristol, I think in his last season he didn't play there much. The idea that there is more opportunity to beat people one on one is at 10 as opposed to full-back is palpable nonsense, often the full back is the player who gets the time and space to do stuff, - he has far more opportunities to run in broken play than a 10 has, and its running at a disorganised field is where Morgan's strengths lie.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Mathew is a good player and has this innate ability to make onrushing opponents look stupid as he drifts away from them.

Most sides realise this and send a wall of would-be tacklers rather than one when they try to expose his defense.

He put in a few good tackles against Benneton gorillas, one of them saving a try.

As the commentator said, "Morgan attacked the ball, not the player, and wrapped it up".

Smart.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 am
Regional Player

Nice one Garrish 99, I am glad I have some support for M.M. Yes I cannot understand why he does not play at 10, perhaps it is by his choice. His ability to make breaks, and his accurate passing ability may well have given us victory over England and Ireland.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:08 am
Profile E-mail