It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Drags v Bennaton 
thread ruining clique

Post Re: Drags v Bennaton
Rome wasn't built in a day. The Union have had eight months to undo thirteen years of neglect and under investment. The takeover happened too late last year for this season to be anything other than what it is.
The way things are shaping up, the Dragons will overtake the Ospreys next year.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:19 am
World XV Player

It's all about next season for the Dragons. They just need to keep their heads till this season finishes.

Twill be a different story next season.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 am
International Player

spinbreath wrote:
Rome wasn't built in a day. The Union have had eight months to undo thirteen years of neglect and under investment. The takeover happened too late last year for this season to be anything other than what it is.

Hello, barman, yes I'll have a half of what spinbreath is drinking. No, a pint would be too much.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

theduke wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Hello, barman, yes I'll have a half of what spinbreath is drinking. No, a pint would be too much.

The Drags have brought in a decent coach and are bringing in new blood next year. The Ospreys are selling all their best players, haven't made any signings, have no coach and are limping along in the lower half of their league, having just struggled to beat a winless side with thirteen players. If you think it's beyond the realms of possibility that one side is on the way up and the other on the way down, then simply look at the evidence in front of you.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 pm
International Player

spinbreath wrote:
theduke wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

The Drags have brought in a decent coach and are bringing in new blood next year. The Ospreys are selling all their best players, haven't made any signings, have no coach and are limping along in the lower half of their league, having just struggled to beat a winless side with thirteen players. If you think it's beyond the realms of possibility that one side is on the way up and the other on the way down, then simply look at the evidence in front of you.

There's no evidence that Jackman is a good coach. None. A good coach wouldn't select a full back who can't kick goals as his goal kicking 10.

And they've signed Moriarty and the ghost of Hibbard. I'm sure they'll go very well next year.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:18 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

theduke wrote:
There's no evidence that Jackman is a good coach. None. A good coach wouldn't select a full back who can't kick goals as his goal kicking 10.

And they've signed Moriarty and the ghost of Hibbard. I'm sure they'll go very well next year.

Jackman is doing what he can with the remnants of the poor squad he inherited from Newport's decade of neglect.
IMO next year will be different.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:37 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
theduke wrote:

Jackman is doing what he can with the remnants of the poor squad he inherited from Newport's decade of neglect.
IMO next year will be different.

Yes, might win 4 games out of 20, not 2. ;)

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:33 pm
World XV Player

Need to sign a 10 and quickly

Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

theduke wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
theduke wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

They are also getting Ryan Bevington, Rhodri and Jordan Williams who are all good players (at least compared to most of their current lot).

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bit of a conundrum (sp?) at the mo?...

Wru are in control of Drags that have some futures regarding player recruitment but plummeting the depths on the field.

Ospreys in complete disarray on the field and public statements and e.g videos etc do not inspire confidence in the Executive.

Cardiff Coach is leaving, some better results on the field but usual political infighting stinks of competitive ulterior motives within.

Scarlets shine on the field but is that polishing a potential business bottom line turd?

National team better sum of the parts than many give credit for although coaching futures and player retention 'strategy' (note the quotes) somewhat debatable

I'm bemused ..anybody suggest any long term goals and strategies and plan to achieve what??

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:27 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

Wru are in control of Drags that have some futures regarding player recruitment but plummeting the depths on the field.

Ospreys in complete disarray on the field and public statements and e.g videos etc do not inspire confidence in the Executive.

Cardiff Coach is leaving, some better results on the field but usual political infighting stinks of competitive ulterior motives within.

Scarlets shine on the field but is that polishing a potential business bottom line turd?

National team better sum of the parts than many give credit for although coaching futures and player retention 'strategy' (note the quotes) somewhat debatable

I'm bemused ..anybody suggest any long term goals and strategies and plan to achieve what??

aren't you the happy one?!

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
theduke wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
theduke wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

They are also getting Ryan Bevington, Rhodri and Jordan Williams who are all good players (at least compared to most of their current lot).

None can get in a Championship first team, says it all. Crap begets crap (Genesis 12:16) :D

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

Scarlets average attendances are up over 2,000 from last year, but the market size is a limit. Have ambitious additions for next season with 3 more NWQ's coming in to help balance the ludicrous season structure.

There are limits though.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:23 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
theduke wrote:
spinbreath wrote:
theduke wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

None can get in a Championship first team, says it all. Crap begets crap (Genesis 12:16) :D

I don't think Ryan Bevington appears much, but I just read in the Rugby Paper that the two Williamses are among the top try-scorers in the English Championship, with ten tries each, so they must appear reasonably frequently.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

Scarlets average attendances are up over 2,000 from last year, but the market size is a limit. Have ambitious additions for next season with 3 more NWQ's coming in to help balance the ludicrous season structure.

There are limits though.

Scarlets doing very well on gates front ... this graph as per 20 Jan 2018 (updating stats today). Other Regions down .. etc
Unfortunately gates traditionally are a low % of revenue, sponsorship and media income etc provide more (in Top 14 gates represent 20% of income)

This is % gate performance y-o-y

APOLOGIES FOR SIZE OF GRAPH, SOME SIZE NEEDED.

Other peaks described, Leins Aviva gate, Edin 1 big gate, Italy incr on a previously very small base etc ..

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next