It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:37 am

Gethin Jenkins injury vs Dragons 
Regional Player

Post Gethin Jenkins injury vs Dragons
Look what your overly strict tackle laws are doing, if you're crouched down you can't move and therefore adapt your position quickly or very well, causing head injuries to the tackler. It's dangerous down there quite often.

Also penalise the tackler for crouching/squatting when going into contact, should have to stay upright, if the tackler is low, then a "high" tackle should not be given if touched above the neck.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Post Re: Gethin Jenkins injury vs Dragons
NewSouthWales wrote:
Look what your overly strict tackle laws are doing, if you're crouched down you can't move and therefore adapt your position quickly or very well, causing head injuries to the tackler. It's dangerous down there quite often.

Also penalise the &*&()^%$ for crouching/squatting when going into contact, should have to stay upright, if the !"£$%^&* is low, then a "high" tackle should not be given if touched above the neck.

In the second paragraph , obviously should say attacker, not tackler.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

NewSouthWales wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:

Also penalise the &*&()^%$ for crouching/squatting when going into contact, should have to stay upright, if the !"£$%^&* is low, then a "high" tackle should not be given if touched above the neck.

I think either is ok. The only grammatical error that I see is that there should be a comma after Also.

And, in your correction, it should read:
In the second paragraph, obviously should say attacker, not the tackler.
Oh! and there shouldn't be a comma after upright.

Here endeth the lesson. :D :D :D :D :D

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:

I think either is ok. The only grammatical error that I see is that there should be a comma after Also.

Should you start a paragraph with the word 'and'? :D

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:

No, not necessarily. The only grammatical errors in this post are in bold above. :scratch:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
BigRed wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:
NewSouthWales wrote:

No, not necessarily. The only grammatical errors in this post are in bold above. :scratch:

But Hey! who cares about gramma, not me Wales was correcting himself so I joined in. :occasion5:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Anyway, don't you think that the edict from the IRB last yr was over the top, and has caused more concussions not less, obviously all of them seemingly to the tackler. As you know nothing was actually changed to the rule book, and we all agree, I think, that what Fekitoa did vs Ireland should have received a harsher penalty.

If there were less ppl on the paddock, aerobic capacity would have to go up, so the average weight of players I bet would come down. Hopefully they would be doing less weight training too, well certainly lifting lighter weights. So that brings me to the scrum and line-out; get rid of both of them, go to 12-a-side and a 68m wide pitch; so Wembley, Liberty Stadium and Manchester City Stadium would be full width then.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:51 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

NewSouthWales wrote:
Anyway, don't you think that the edict from the IRB last yr was over the top, and has caused more concussions not less, obviously all of them seemingly to the tackler. As you know nothing was actually changed to the rule book, and we all agree, I think, that what Fekitoa did vs Ireland should have received a harsher penalty.

If there were less ppl on the paddock, aerobic capacity would have to go up, so the average weight of players I bet would come down. Hopefully they would be doing less weight training too, well certainly lifting lighter weights. So that brings me to the scrum and line-out; get rid of both of them, go to 12-a-side and a 68m wide pitch; so Wembley, Liberty Stadium and Manchester City Stadium would be full width then.

:yawn:

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

NewSouthWales wrote:

There is such a thing as 10s and there is 7s and a different game with 13 a side called Rugby League.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:02 pm
World XV Player

I thought that Gethin had a very good game against Toulouse yesterday.
Could see him back in the Wales squad. :dontknow:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:58 pm
Profile E-mail