It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:06 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018) 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35513
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
You could tell from Jackman's interview after the game that he was pretty pissed ofj with his senior players but had sympathy for the youngsters. It's all about next season for him now.

I'm not sure it was a great idea subbing both props after 25 mins. That must have been disheartening not just for the props but for the whole team.

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:33 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 45274
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
Scarletrover wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Was that the strongest side available to the Scarlets?

I stopped watching once Samson was benched.

Horrible game to listen to as Jiffy was repeating comments like an ansaphone.


By no means. Missing Hp, Steff Evs, Scott W, Cawdor, McNichol, Asquith, to name a few, as well as the long term injuries of course.


Cheers, SR.

:thumbup:


Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:34 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 61746
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
Cymru am byth wrote:
Scarletrover wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Was that the strongest side available to the Scarlets?

I stopped watching once Samson was benched.

Horrible game to listen to as Jiffy was repeating comments like an ansaphone.


By no means. Missing Hp, Steff Evs, Scott W, Cawdor, McNichol, Asquith, to name a few, as well as the long term injuries of course.


The Patchell at fullback seemed to be better than Halfpenny though.


Almost everyone is these days..all he can do is kick goals..

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:24 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 61746
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Dragons were woeful

Some of the senior players were a shambles. Wainwright did well and you always get 100% from Benjamin

Taxi for a lot of them though I think


They have the WRU's cheque book available, no doubt

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:41 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 61746
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
Scarlets have 53 points from 13 games, versus 77 points from the full 22 games last year, and 40 points after 13 games last year. We already have the same number of bonus points, (9), as the entire prior season.

Fixture list gets tougher on the run in with 2 games against Leinster and Ulster at home. If we lose at Bath next Friday we can plan for the Pro 14 play offs.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 13187
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
PS Toulon lost to Brive at the death so are potentially slipping away from the top 6...

Scarlets, imo, can think positive if they can beat Bath ..

Chips down

_________________
Imageimage url uploadEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:09 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 61746
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
Tony Panties wrote:
PS Toulon lost to Brive at the death so are potentially slipping away from the top 6...

Scarlets, imo, can think positive if they can beat Bath ..

Chips down


I would expect us to beat Toulon at home, but compare the prep games, Scarlets vs Drags resting half the team versus Toulon vs Brive...

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:17 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 7661
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
ICEverything wrote:
You could tell from Jackman's interview after the game that he was pretty pissed ofj with his senior players but had sympathy for the youngsters. It's all about next season for him now.

I'm not sure it was a great idea subbing both props after 25 mins. That must have been disheartening not just for the props but for the whole team.


I'm half joking, but a prop plays 55 to 60 minutes before being taken off, for the other prop to play 20 to 25 minutes... what difference does it make? A prop makes little difference other than fitness really so why not sub them early? Like I say, I half joke but why not?


Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 35513
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
Cymru am byth wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
You could tell from Jackman's interview after the game that he was pretty pissed ofj with his senior players but had sympathy for the youngsters. It's all about next season for him now.

I'm not sure it was a great idea subbing both props after 25 mins. That must have been disheartening not just for the props but for the whole team.


I'm half joking, but a prop plays 55 to 60 minutes before being taken off, for the other prop to play 20 to 25 minutes... what difference does it make? A prop makes little difference other than fitness really so why not sub them early? Like I say, I half joke but why not?

Well looking at it from your angle Cab, you sort of have a point I guess. In fact you could say it makes sense to take two props off early as they can go back on if an 'injury' occurs to another prop so nothing lost possibly. I don't think that's why they came off though. :D

_________________
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali


Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:39 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 61746
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
The Drags are not viable and need an investment of about GBP5-7mm to become relevant. Otherwise it is just a waste of time and money.

Surely that's obvious?

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:54 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2872
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
Langland Exile wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Scarletrover wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Was that the strongest side available to the Scarlets?

I stopped watching once Samson was benched.

Horrible game to listen to as Jiffy was repeating comments like an ansaphone.


By no means. Missing Hp, Steff Evs, Scott W, Cawdor, McNichol, Asquith, to name a few, as well as the long term injuries of course.


The Patchell at fullback seemed to be better than Halfpenny though.


Almost everyone is these days..all he can do is kick goals..


Against the Ospreys he didn't even manage that.


Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:17 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2872
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
PS Toulon lost to Brive at the death so are potentially slipping away from the top 6...

Scarlets, imo, can think positive if they can beat Bath ..

Chips down


I would expect us to beat Toulon at home, but compare the prep games, Scarlets vs Drags resting half the team versus Toulon vs Brive...


Brive are only just above the relegation zone in the Top 14, and have been a bottom half team in France for a number of years.


Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2872
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
That the Dragons would win was beyond doubt, but with that margin? (Mind you, Leinster beat an increasingly out-of-form Ulster with almost that same margin...)


Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 61746
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
PS Toulon lost to Brive at the death so are potentially slipping away from the top 6...

Scarlets, imo, can think positive if they can beat Bath ..

Chips down


I would expect us to beat Toulon at home, but compare the prep games, Scarlets vs Drags resting half the team versus Toulon vs Brive...


Brive are only just above the relegation zone in the Top 14, and have been a bottom half team in France for a number of years.


It needs brains to understand the difference between the consequences of tough games in France versus soft Welsh 50 point "derbies" ;)

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:44 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2872
Post Re: Pro 14: Scarlets v Dragons (Fri 05.01.2018)
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
PS Toulon lost to Brive at the death so are potentially slipping away from the top 6...

Scarlets, imo, can think positive if they can beat Bath ..

Chips down


I would expect us to beat Toulon at home, but compare the prep games, Scarlets vs Drags resting half the team versus Toulon vs Brive...


Brive are only just above the relegation zone in the Top 14, and have been a bottom half team in France for a number of years.


It needs brains to understand the difference between the consequences of tough games in France versus soft Welsh 50 point "derbies" ;)


Granted, but I don't think the difference between Brive and Dragons is as big as you make out - in fact, Dragons actually beat them last season! Brive would probably struggle against the Irish big three, Glasgow and West Wales teams almost as much as the Dragons do.


Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: