It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:00 pm

ULSTER / MUNSTER 
Club Player

Post ULSTER / MUNSTER
I managed to watch this game on BBC Northern Ireland yesterday; it was a magnificent spectacle with Ulster fighting back from a 17 point half time deficit, to take a bonus point win in injury time.

What impressed me more than anything was the way several Ulster players remained on the pitch after the game to share selfies and autographs with young supporters. This is something not often seen in the Welsh Regions, nor for that matter the English leagues. In fact at International level as the team coaches approach the stadium, I have NEVER seen ANY player of ANY nation respond to the shouts and cheers of their followers with as much as a smile, let alone a wave !!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: ULSTER / MUNSTER
It is commented on in Irish Derbies ..

here

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75346

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:42 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: ULSTER / MUNSTER
Tony Panties wrote:
It is commented on in Irish Derbies ..

here

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75346

Just goes to prove how a red card can destroy a game and lead to an outcome that affects the league.
A re-think is definitely needed.
Ulster was overwhelmed by an overpowering Munster team heading for a bonus point win.
Then came the red card and Ulster taking advantage won the match with a bonus point win.
The player and not the team and/or the league should not be affected by a red card.
Obviously, Warburton's red card in the RWC also affected the outcome of the RWC.
I think there are many such examples. If Steff Evans had not got a red card perhaps Scarlets could have recorded a bonus point win.
At the business end of the season, maybe one point may make a difference.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:54 pm
Profile E-mail