It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Pro14: Blues v Scarlets (Sun 31.12.2017) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Pro14: Blues v Scarlets (Sun 31.12.2017)
SimplyRed wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:
Although the Scarlets continue to win for the time being, I get the feeling that the bubble is about to burst !

Based on what fantasy? Dear me.

I think it may be based on the fact that we have not been great on wet surfaces when the ball is like a piece of soap.
The fact that we have managed to keep our nose in front in those conditions proves that we are not just a 'pretty face". :D
Then to arm wrestle our way with 14 men for 44 minutes to beat Ospreys says something about the team.
O for some good weather especially against Bath. :occasion5:
Before then we have one more Derby against a plucky Dragons team.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:53 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
JOHNWALES wrote:
Although the Scarlets continue to win for the time being, I get the feeling that the bubble is about to burst !

Based on what fantasy? Dear me.

I think it may be based on the fact that we have not been great on wet surfaces when the ball is like a piece of soap.
The fact that we have managed to keep our nose in front in those conditions proves that we are not just a 'pretty face". :D
Then to arm wrestle our way with 14 men for 44 minutes to beat Ospreys says something about the team.
O for some good weather especially against Bath. :occasion5:
Before then we have one more Derby against a plucky Dragons team.

good reply. Some people are just bitter about the Scarlets...for some reason??

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:56 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

JOHNWALES wrote:
The Blues are beginning to impress, and Matthew Morgan is providing some extra pace in the backs, which outweighs his defensive limitations. Although the Scarlets continue to win for the time being, I get the feeling that the bubble is about to burst !

He 'gave' 2, and scored?
He is a definite negative and needs to be replaced. It is not just his poor defence, it means everyone else has more work to do, which means they are slower in attack too.

I thought he would be a good acquisition and really wanted to see him given a chance. It is now plain to see it is not working, at least, not as a 15. Possibly he could make an impact coming off the bench though?

Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

awaywardlad wrote:
The referee :crybaby: :thumbdown:

I only saw the last 20 minutes but Clancy seemed at his inept worst again.

He should be retired.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I was quite impressed with Tom Prydie.
He may be our answer at 15 as Ha'penny looks like he needs a rest to concentrate on his kicking.
Tom is not that far behind Ha'penny in the kicking stakes, he may even have a longer range. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
He may be our answer at 15 as Ha'penny looks like he needs a rest to concentrate on his kicking.
Tom is not that far behind Ha'penny in the kicking stakes, he may even have a longer range. :thumbup:

Tom's kicking average is listed as 66.7% which is apparently slightly below most of the top goal kickers, BUT!
It is a very big but, a lot of his kicks taken were taken because it was out of the range of other kickers.
I think it is about time he got a break to fulfil his potential.
I certainly hope that Privac is looking seriously at his potential.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Tom's kicking average is listed as 66.7% which is apparently slightly below most of the top goal kickers, BUT!
It is a very big but, a lot of his kicks taken were taken because it was out of the range of other kickers.

Remember 8 years ago when he was picked to join the Welsh squqd because of his potential ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_u ... 469214.stm

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:32 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Remember 8 years ago when he was picked to join the Welsh squqd because of his potential ;)

I think he even scored a try on his debut, wasn't it against the Boks?
I think he fell by the way because of injury.
And then on return poorly used by Ospreys.
I think he will find his niche at Scarlets.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Yes, I agree that Prydie looked good. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. He needs to start a few more I think.

Big Red - I assume you are referring to him being the answer at 15 for the Scarlets?

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:10 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:

Even Joe Bugner had a good scrap now and again :D

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:25 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Langland Exile wrote:
BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
Much as it pains me to say this, I actually fancy the Blues to win at the Liberty Stadium. At least they have a semblance of attacking skills and adventure.

Blues have two potent wings and we did not see enough of them. Owain Lane is a definite prospect pity he is in an outfit that seems to be happy for their midfield to continuously die with the ball.
I thought that Ray Lee-lo butchered move after move the whole game by trying to turn the game into a Ray Lee-Lo exhibition match.
Time for a rethink on the Blues approach to attack.

Just checked! Anyone know why Owen Lane is not in the Wales U20 team for the 6N?

He might be with the senior squad? Liam is still out and we are short of speed back there....Halfpenny is slower than most back row forwards these days

Plus he's now regularly missing the kicks hes always been in the team to make.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:06 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7