It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 am

Pro14: Cheetahs v Scarlets (Sat. 02.12.2017) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Pro14: Cheetahs v Scarlets (Sat. 02.12.2017)
We've come out of South Africa with 6 points with a makeshift team.
Before we left Wales without our 15 players in the Wales squad, we would have bought that haul.
A huge big plus is to see Cubby back and playing well.
On another note, I was very disappointed with Aled Davies, playing for Wales today he was completely out of his depth.
Those screaming for him to be the first choice ahead of Gareth Davies need to think again.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Before we left Wales without our 15 players in the Wales squad, we would have bought that haul.
On another note, I was very disappointed with Aled Davies, playing for Wales today he was completely out of his depth.
Those screaming for him to be the first choice ahead of Gareth Davies need to think again.

He may not be as good as either Webb or Cawdor but what you said is still an exaggeration.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
BigRed wrote:

He may not be as good as either Webb or Cawdor but what you said is still an exaggeration.

Very good in the first half then went to pieces

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:57 am
World XV Player

The 3rd choice Scarlets scrumhalf could hardly be expected to have blinding pace, LE.

Webb is different class, of course.

Wales play improved significantly with Webb's appearance and I'd suggest that there are 2 Ospreys scrum halves - Webb and Grabham - both leaders, who are rather further up the line than Aled at the moment.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:21 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
BigRed wrote:

So did the whole team though. Had we carried on for the whole match like we did in the first ten minutes, we'd have scored 100 points. It was never going to continue.

Aled Davies is most likely our third choice scrum half. Given that Webb is often injured and may not be available next year, it'a likely we will need to play Aled Davies quite a bit. He is exactly the sort of player that needed some time.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:23 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
BigRed wrote:

So did the whole team though. Had we carried on for the whole match like we did in the first ten minutes, we'd have scored 100 points. It was never going to continue.

Aled Davies is most likely our third choice scrum half. Given that Webb is often injured and may not be available next year, it'a likely we will need to play Aled Davies quite a bit. He is exactly the sort of player that needed some time.

I think, come 6N, that Babos, Dragons find of the season, may have climbed up the pecking order by then.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:51 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

DEcent performance given the side we had out.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
The 3rd choice Scarlets scrumhalf could hardly be expected to have blinding pace, LE.

Wales play improved significantly with Webb's appearance and I'd suggest that there are 2 Ospreys scrum halves - Webb and Grabham - both leaders, who are rather further up the line than Aled at the moment.

Grabham is with the Scarlets now. ;) Did you mean Habberfield?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:

I don't think anyone is claiming that Davies (either one) is better than Webb.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:24 pm
Regional Player

BigRed wrote:
I think, come 6N, that Babos, Dragons find of the season, may have climbed up the pecking order by then.

I'm sure I'd read/heard somewhere that Babos was English ?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:

I actually don't see that much difference between Cawdor and Webb (though Aled is another matter for sure).

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Bouch wrote:

I actually don't see that much difference between Cawdor and Webb (though Aled is another matter for sure).

Yes. They are both international quality and could play for any side in the world and make an impact.

The game has moved on in that the Robert Jones style 9 with a great service are two a penny, even at the lower levels. It a repetitive task relatively easy to learn. Its when you do what you do thats important and you also need a good kicking game, which is harder to perfect.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMS7M_rv_c0

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:31 am