It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:14 am

Pro14: Dragons v Ulster (Fri 01.12.2017) 
World XV Player

Post Re: Pro14: Dragons v Ulster (Fri 01.12.2017)
Mr Henson is getting on now but he's still capable of the odd good display.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:06 pm
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Gav is back. :occasion5: :D

About time ....he took longer than the tortoise, who went back for the bottle opener.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Bouch wrote:

He may be knocking on a bit, but he's still a class act !!!!!

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
Bouch wrote:

He may be knocking on a bit, but he's still a class act !!!!!

Gavin controlled the game from the off. The only time that the Dragons were in real trouble was when Jack Dixon was yellow carded.
Gavin was helped immensely by the find of this season IMHO young Dan Babos.
I won't be surprised if Babos gets most of the starting berths for Dragons this season.
Babos only kicked Once the entire game and made 110 passes. This is the way forward for Wales and the Regions.
The flyhalf is in a better position to know when to kick and when to run. Henson 18 kicks 30 passes.
Babos found his man (forwards & backs) with every one of his 110 passes. :clap:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Maybe there is hope..and money..

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:26 pm
Regional Player

Excellent game; for all that it's disappointing not to get the result it's . Great to see some of the young players being constantly exposed and actually rising to the challenge. Joe Davies looks better and better each game; probably not at the level of Seb Davies or Adam Beard but a decent regional player at least. And Babos, a very promising performance from one so long - looks very comfortable at this level; he's in a position where the Dragons are very weak and should get plenty more match time this season. Early days yet but definitely one to watch.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Maybe there is hope..and money..

A decent coach, a 3 Year Plan and some money to back it up (hopefully to be boosted by the support of the new Chairman if he can walk the walk - he's certainly shown he can talk it).
Oh, and all the historic shareholder / benefactors' debt wiped out before the WRU signed up for the deal.
Whisper it but that just might be a business model that the other regions could follow one day...

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 pm
Club Player

BigRed wrote:
32 - 32 FT Draw. 3 points each.
The Dragons are on the up, maybe. :dontknow:
Just a few more good players in their pool and they could be thereabouts next year.
A really good game to watch, Dragons came back from the dead to almost win but had to settle for a draw.
It was a credible draw for Dragons against an Ulster side tieing for second place with Leinster.
I thought Henson's control of the game was masterful. He is really getting the best out of all the youngsters around him.
A word for the youngster Babos, what a scrummy, I see a great future for him. I was particularly impressed with his decision making.
What I really liked about him was that he hardly kicked the ball away willy-nilly the whole match. Once maybe twice, the rest of the game he kept the ball with either his backs or forwards.
I think we are witnessing the birth of a new competitive Region. :D

He'd be no good in the Wales set up then, with their kick first directive. Sounds like a good player, has an unusual name too, Babos.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
BigRed wrote:
32 - 32 FT Draw. 3 points each.
The Dragons are on the up, maybe. :dontknow:
Just a few more good players in their pool and they could be thereabouts next year.
A really good game to watch, Dragons came back from the dead to almost win but had to settle for a draw.
It was a credible draw for Dragons against an Ulster side tieing for second place with Leinster.
I thought Henson's control of the game was masterful. He is really getting the best out of all the youngsters around him.
A word for the youngster Babos, what a scrummy, I see a great future for him. I was particularly impressed with his decision making.
What I really liked about him was that he hardly kicked the ball away willy-nilly the whole match. Once maybe twice, the rest of the game he kept the ball with either his backs or forwards.
I think we are witnessing the birth of a new competitive Region. :D

He'd be no good in the Wales set-up then, with their kick first directive. Sounds like a good player, has an unusual name too, Babos.

http://www.dragonsrugby.wales/News/Arti ... ro14-start
Millennium Kid Babos In Line for PRO14 Start
The 17-year-old scrum half will get his first start in the competition against Ulster at Rodney Parade tomorrow night, after making his first appearance as a 65th-minute substitute for Sarel Pretorius out in Dublin last Friday. In doing so Dan became the 6th youngest player to make his debut in the Championship after Jack Dixon, Ioan Nicholas, Hallam Amos, Ashley Beck and Kristian Phillips.

Born on 1st March 2000, the scrum half actually made his debut for the Dragons in the Anglo Welsh Cup at Rodney Parade against the Scarlets earlier this month, scoring the home team’s second try as they came from behind to beat the West Walians. Commenting after the match on social media after the Scarlets win, “great work by all the boys tonight, everyone was amazing!!!”

Many may not have heard of the exciting prospect before his recent Dragons’ appearances - so here's a lowdown.

Dan Babos was born on 1st March, 2000 and attended Croesyceiliog School

Dan was in line to make his debut in the opening game of the Championship against Ulster away in Belfast, but pulled up with a hamstring injury early on in the training session the week of the match

Growing up in Cwmbran, the early days of Babos’ career path saw him move across to Panteg, after a couple of years with Cwmbran and then on to Pontypool United. He joined the Dragons Academy and was selected for Wales under 18s earlier this year, as well as featuring for Ebbw Vale most recently at the start of November against Pontypridd – a match notable for being referred by Joy Neville – the first woman to take charge of a Premiership game in Wales

He made his Dragons debut alongside Josh Reynolds in the Anglo Welsh Cup match against the Scarlets on November 17

Babos was selected for Wales under 18s, progressing through the Dragons and Wales ranks with regional colleagues James McCarthy (Caerleon/Newport High/NHSOB), Corey Howells (Newport High School/NHSOB), Will Griffiths (Coleg Gwent/Newbridge), Josh Reynolds (Newport High/NHSOB), Lennon Greggains (Newport High School/NHSOB)

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:00 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The Dragons are developing nicely.

Well done.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 am