It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:04 pm

Nick Williams 
World XV Player

Post Nick Williams
Last night he cost the Blues a try, resulting in Connacht scoring one themselves. He later got sin binned.

At his best, he is great but last night his actions cost the Blues a bonus point. This isn't the first time he's done this. Is he the sort of player you want in a team.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Nick Williams
He's better with better players around him.

I appreciate that this is a bit deep for you, CAB. :D

Think of the Blues performance when Melon was there with him. (A few days back)

Smash and Grab.

Lovely to watch.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:14 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
He's better with better players around him.

I appreciate that this is a bit deep for you, CAB. :D

Think of the Blues performance when Melon was there with him. (A few days back)

Smash and Grab.

Lovely to watch.

I'm not questioning his actual play either way. But he seems to give away so many penalties. As I said, ge cost the Blues a bonus point yesterday.

It was inevitable he was going off yesterday.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:36 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Past his best and makes little impact in the game other than helping the opposition.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:57 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Something I never expected to say about him, but he seems to lack the commitment these days.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Sekope Kepu red carded for Oz against Scotland is a case in point.
Red cards are not good enough. At least two months out of the game on NO PAY should be a minimum sentence. This will make players think twice before such blatant dangerous actions.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:29 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

BigRed wrote:

He is not worth the one good run he did in the whole game, I would rather develop Seb Davies as my number 8.

No, no, a thousand times no. Why are we taking our most promising 2nd row in years and turning him into yet another back rower?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Figaro wrote:
BigRed wrote:

He is not worth the one good run he did in the whole game, I would rather develop Seb Davies as my number 8.

No, no, a thousand times no. Why are we taking our most promising 2nd row in years and turning him into yet another back rower?

To some perhaps, nevertheless, true!

Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I sincerely hope that in rugby we can tell it as it is and ignore PC. I'm pretty sure that statistics of offences would bear me out.
If they are at fault then they have to have a good look at themselves and correct their players that have those tendencies. I do know that there are other non-South Sea Islanders guilty of the same offences, but that doesn't resolve the issue. A minimum of two months out of the game with no pay should apply across the board. As a rugby supporter and previous player, I want to see the game being cleaned up before we have some very serious injuries. Charging into a person's back with your shoulder is malicious and in fact, could really be legally regarded as an assault. I think it is different when both players are involved in the heat of the game but charging into the back of a prone person is just not on.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

I have no problem with you saying that there is a violence issue among PI players.

What I find unpleasant is the suggestion that this is genetic and that they therefore have an inherent tendency towards violence.

That's very dodgy ground to be on.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
I have no problem with you saying that there is a violence issue among PI players.

What I find unpleasant is the suggestion that this is genetic and that they therefore have an inherent tendency towards violence.

I think it is more the style of game they are asked to play than anything 'inbuilt'. If you have a need for a hard player they are the right shape to be the ones used.

I noticed a few years back that with the new need for a smash bang centre the job tended to be filled by PI players because they have the right build for it without losing out on speed or handling. Its just like picking the right tool to do a job, you cannot blame it if it is misused.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:

Figaro Whatever source it comes from it must be stopped. We have had Welsh players doing the same thing. All I'm saying is that the SSI players appear to be more guilty than most.
I think it is more about education than any inbuilt inherent tendency to do those things. A mandatory two-month suspension without pay to enforce the education process will help.
Shoulder charging into a player's back could put that player into a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
I am currently raising money for spinal damage so I am well aware of the dangers. I'd welcome donations to my effort. :D
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... swim-21264

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:43 pm
Profile E-mail